Chapter 8

I Have Your heart

When the movie ended, she was still clinging onto me.
We walked out of the theatre, and waited for the others. Once Chanyeol came out, she rushed to his side. I felt a pinch in my heart. But after all, I'm just her friend.

"OMG guys. The movie was so good. Especially when the guy held the girl's hand. " Chanyeol wriggled his eyebrows.

"Yeol, there wasn't anything like that." Kris spoke up.

"There definitely wasn't any in the movie." He continued. "But there was one in the theatre."

"I'm talking about you guys." He whispered into my ear.

"Right Baek?" Chanyeol asked the rather dazed boy.

"Huh? Yeah. I mean no." Baekhyun answered, still lost in his own thoughts.

Chanyeol nudged me and gestured to Baekhyun.

"Baek...are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah. Sure."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Sun Ji, Baekhyun will take you home. Kay?" Chanyeol said.

I nodded my head, and proceeded to follow Baekhyun to his car.

We were at the car park, when I saw a cute couple siting at the bench, throwing kisses at each other.

"Aren't they cute?" I pointed to them.

He smiled, when he turned to see the couple, his smile quickly faded into the cool atmosphere. He was sating at the couple, slowly, his eyes began to flare. I could see it in his eyes that he was angry.

I took a look at the couple, then back at him.

"Oh."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I was right I front of them, but they didn't see me?

I went up to them.

"Wow. Fancy seeing you here....Hyun's." the couple immediately stopped what they were doing.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was Kyuhyun.

And...

Hyun Soo.

"Oh no." I quickly caught up with Baekhyun.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Baekhyun, I can explain." Hyun Soo tried. While I kept a straight face. I was more angry than sad. The fact that she cheated on me. She didn't even bother to break up with me.

Turns out that she only became close to me so that Kyuhyun would notice her.

Forget it. I never loved her anyways.

"I'm so sorry Baekhyun. I-"
"No! You listen. You are not dumping me. I'm dumping you. We're over!" I walked away.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Come on Hyun Soo. There's no point standing here any more. Lets go home." Baekhyun pulled my arm and lead me to the car. My arm was hurting, but I knew more than anyone that he was angry. So I kept it to myself.

He opened the door for me, and I got in.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I saw Sun Ji massaging her wrist. I think I grabbed her too hard.

"Sorry." I said, still angry.

"It's okay." She replied obviously still hurting.

"Let's have 4 scoops of ice cream." She suggested. "I'll drive. Move."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The 4 scoops of ice cream. It's literally the name of the shop.

Today is the 25th of May. Exactly the date Baekhyun saw me working at the ice cream shop. But I guess this time I'm the one bringing him there.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Sun Ji-ah, why are you here?" Jackson asked me. "It's not your shift today."

"Yeah. I know. I came as a customer." I smiled at him as I grabbed a seat. Baekhyun followed quickly after.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Err...so. What do you want?"
"Strawberry ice cream."
"Okay."

I walked to the counter. So this was the place she worked at. Cool.

"Hi, er... One strawberry ice cream for her" I pointed to Sun Ji. "And I'll have...hmmm..." There are many amazing flavours and I can't seem to make up my mind.

"And a Baked Alaska for him." It was Sun Ji.

What is Baked Alaska?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Soon our desserts came.

"What's this?" Baekhyun asked, poking at the layer. "It's burnt."

"No it's not." I said, as I took a fork and split it into half. "It's ice cream inside. Try it."

Baekhyun took a bit of the ice cream inside. I wagged my finger at him, and took the outer layer of the dessert, and placed it on his spoon.

"But it's burnt." He said, still frowning.

"Just try it."

Baekhyun cringed, but finally placed it in his mouth.

I took a spoonful, and ate it too.

*flashback
"Haha. You're lying."
"How did you know?"
"Generally, a right handed person will look to their left if they're telling the truth. And to their right if they are making something up."
"Cool!"
*end of flashback

"Mmmmm. It's nice. I mean, the outer layer is a little bit bitter, but the ice cream was soft and fluffy. It's tasty." He finally appreciated the 'burnt' outer layer.

"It's like you."

"How so?"

"On the outside, you're angry, but I know the Baekhyun inside, who is kind hearted, and..."

"No I'm not!" He looked to the right.

"You're lying." I looked into his eyes. "You looked to your right."

"How did you know that?"

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Once again, I was appalled by her knowledge. How did she know that?

"Come on Bacon." She continued. "You know that all emotional pain only lasts or 12 minutes, and anything longer than that is self inflicted."

Again. How could she know all this?

"How did you know all these?" I asked her still amused.

She laughed a cute laugh.

We continued having the dessert until both of us were tired and decided to go back home.

 

i miss those old times. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for the support! I'm so sorry I didn't update for so long.

Here is some info about what baked Alaska.More info on baked Alaska