-Six-

Dust.

'Welcome to the desert lands, Miss Oh.'

'Oh....' Hayoung gaped at the landscape before her. 

The sun was rising up from the east, its first rays of light burning the yellow sands of the desert gold.

'Its really.... pretty.'

'This pretty view has killed off most of civilisation, so how to view.. the view, depends.' Taehyung mumbled, as he watched Jungkook take up position atop the tall body of the vehicle.

'How do people travel across this..?'

'Well, we use these. They're built for tough travel, and everyone uses them. But there're big ones for cargo and smaller ones for speed.' Taehyung patted the body of the long transport, chuckling.

'Oh... But you all share this..?'

'You mean me and the rest of the crew? Yeah. Namjoon picked us up off the streets to join his outfit and we've been together ever since. Taehyung nodded, squinting off into the distance.

'Oi, Namjoon said we can do some target practice before we go.' Jimin walked up behind them, holding several bright red metal plates as he came up to talk to them.

'For the lady?'

'Duh. As if you need the practice, Mister Vee.'

'Mister Vee?'

'Taehyung's nickname. When he's Mister Vee, he never, ever misses a shot. Ever.'

'Really..?' Hayoung asked curiously, obviously impressed.

'Do you want him to show you?'

'Oi, Jimin, just set up the markers for a pistol.' Taehyung scowled and pointed Jimin away, the other man chuckling at the joke.

'Are you really that accurate, oppa?'

'Well... all of us are marksmen rated with our weapons, but it depends on the situation.' Taehyung shrugged and pointed at the plates.

'You can practice the gun on those targets, but I hope Jimin brought out extra rounds.

'You know I did.' Jimin walked back to them holding out several magazines of rounds for the pistol.

'I've never used a gun before..' Hayoung mumbled, holding the pistol gingerly in her hands before Taehyung reached closer, holding his hands over hers and helping her steady the weapon in the correct position, Hayoung's cheeks flaring a warm pink.

'Here you go. Go ahead and shoot, I'll hold you steady. Don't worry.' Taehyung smiled and held onto her hands firmly.

Swallowing hard, Hayoung eased her finger onto the trigger, firing off a single round, straight at one of the targets.

'Well done, Hayoung. The other one?' Hayoung nodded, turning herself and the pistol towards the next target.

'Why do I have to learn this..?'

'Well, one day, maybe you'll get into trouble and then we won't be around and then you'll be able to look after yourself a little bit.' 

Hayoung nodded, concentrating on target after target, somehow taking each target with a single shot, soon able to take the shots by herself, the practice session only stopping when the weather began to warm up to an uncomfortable prickling on the skin, and becoming too bright to see without squinting.

'You're really good with that pistol, Hayoung, You're quite the natural.' Jimin commented as he went off to collect the targets, a hand over his eyes to better find the red markers.

'T.. thank you.' Hayoung stammerred shyly, prompting Taehyung to laugh heartily.

'Maybe you can teach her how to use your rifle, Jimin.'

'No thanks, my rifle is my rifle.'

'Meh, you can share.'

'Why not yours, then?'

'Too big.'

'Thats what she said. Let's go hide back in the transport again.' The guys laughed out loud, Jungkook signalling them to come back into the transport.

------

Here's to the sixth chapter to learning how to shoot. This is important.