-One-

Dust.

It was a cold day in the Daegu dome, dry as a bone, frosty, and just a little windy.

Then again, its always the same weather in a dome.

Hayoung huddled in the crowd, following the mass of people towards the massive building situated in the middle of the entire dome.

Daegu Control. The heart of every dome was its control centre, the place where the climate controls are kept, and where the life support controls, as well as the other controls that make the operation of the dome possible.

Hayoung was here with her father today, on a school trip to the place where he worked in the dome, in charge of the environment controls.

'Welcome to the Core. Please look around, and be careful not to touch anything, is that okay, class?' The professor, commonly known as Geeky, told the class sternly, getting a chorus of affirmatives in reply.

Geeky, the Dome's resident genius, was barely Hayoung's age, but was way smarter than most of the people she knew, including even some of the Controllers. Among the current class of students, Geeky admitted that only Hayoung and a select few could come up to his level.

The student dispersed around the Core control centre, looking about curiously and occasionally asking Controllers about the uses of the different controls. Hayoung walked along with her father, down a narrow corridor and into a small room, lit only by the backlights of controls and a massive screen displaying the outline of the dome, along with its statistical information.

'This is the Core Control, the heart of all operations in the Dome, where I work. This is where the environment controls and life support are, little darling. Again, just look, don't touch, okay?'

'Yes, Daddy.' Answering with a quick nod, Hayoung looked around the room with a feeling of wonder and excitement.

'All the important things are here..?'

'Well, the life support is the most important thing the Dome has. Without life support, everyone in the Dome won't be able to survive much longer than a week, I think.'

'Is it really horrible outside of the Dome, Daddy?'

'All thats outside the Dome is just dust. Dust, and the remnants of the civilisation we had before the Collapse.'

'The Collapse. When the world's weather systems started to go crazy, Daddy?'

'Correct, when we damaged the world beyond repair, it us, and now we have to protect ourselves.'

'But we're alright as we are, are we, Daddy?'

'We got lucky, my dear. Without the technology we had in the century before the Collapse, we would have been in really deep trouble.'

Before Hayoung could pose another question, an alarm blared across the entire Dome, sending everyone into chaos as the words blasted into everyone's ears.

'ALERT, THIS IS NOT A DRILL, ALL CITIZENS, PLEASE REPORT TO THE CORE IMMEDIATELY'

'Daddy, whats happening..' Hayoung asked quickly, a note of terror creeping into her voice.

'Stay here, Darling. Don't go anywhere else, I have to go get your mother.'

'But..'

'Stay, I love you.' With that, Hayoung's father grabbed an environment mask off a rack, running out of the Core control centre as the entire building rocked under the impact of sand blasting against the side of the solid metal.

Running back into the control centre, Hayoung managed to stop one of the Controllers, the Controller's face set with concentration.

'Whats happening..?'

'There's a sandstorm and now the Dome is collapsing. We have to make sure everyone survives the storm before we try to evacuate everyone together!' He shouted against the sound of sand pattering against metal, pushing an environment mask into the younger girl's hands.

'Take this, and get into a safe place, alright? I'll come and get you if I can!' The Controller nodded to assure the girl before running back to the controls, trying along with the other Controllers to make sure more of the Dome survived the storm.

Outside the Dome, the waves of desert sand tore into the rent in the side of the dome, widening and tearing at the wound, pushing more and more blasts of sand into the Dome and wrecking the flimsy, non weather proof buildings protected by the Dome.

Whimpering now with fear, Hayoung tucked herself into a corner, holding onto an environment mask with white-knuckled hands as a blast of hot sand found its way into the control centre, hammering it hard and toppling the building sideways.

The tower that was the Core took several blasts of sand to the spire, tearing the thing into half and felling it like a tree.

Barely managing to get the environment mask on before the building swung to one side, Hayoung grabbed onto a metal bar before a massive thump, and the sensation of falling a long way.

And then darkness.

-

This is terrible o n o I'm trying my best. Let me know how its like, comments are love.

Frxsted.