-Two-

Dust.

Dust. Dust. More dust, as far as the eye can see.

'How much longer do we need to get to the Daegu dome?' This was Jimin, the lookout of the group of Pathfinders. The ones who transported materials and supplies across the now blasted wastelands of Earth. This one was a fledgling group, transporting just the bare necessities for a Dome.

'Its just minutes off, you lazy pig.' Jungkook, the youngest, and the spotter of the group.

'Do you see the Dome yet, Jungkook?' Hoseok inquired from the driver's seat of their vehicle, a ramshackle treaded transport barely a repair job away from the scrapyard.

'I don't, but... oh my god.'

'Whats wrong?' Taehyung looked up at the spotter, perched on his station at the top of the transport. He looked pale, horrified by what he saw.

'Everyone's escaping, the Dome's... the Daegu Dome.. is gone.'

'What do you mean, gone!?' Namjoon shouted, hurrying up to the spotters' perch and looking at the devastation that lay before him.

Right in front of their transport, was the ruin of the Daegu Dome. Half the Dome was exposed to the desert, sand already piling into the gap torn into the side of the structure. Fleeing like ants from an anthill were transports, carrying all sorts of cargo from the Dome. Even as they watched, a chunk off the top of the dome fell into the ruin, bringing down more buildings along with it.

'What do we do now..?' Yoongi asked, still in the driver's seat as he headed for the Dome.

'We go in and rescue survivors. Quickly, get the hazard gear. Taehyung, you're up next, Seokjin, run cover in case of bandits. Gear up quickly.' Namjoon snapped off the orders, pointing to the people in question and turning back to Yoongi.

'Get to the bays, we need to find out what happened here. How did a Dome get so badly destroyed. It was fine the last time we came here.'

-An hour later-

Taehyung stepped out into the Dome, clad in body armour, breathing mask, and a pistol in hand as he exited the transport, Seokjin right behind him, scanning the area with the rifle out in front of him.

'Its terrible.' Seokjin whispered as he took point, the light at the tip of the rifle barrel illuminating a path for them.

'I know. We should head for the Dome Control. Leader, Taehyung here, we're heading for the Control Centre.' Taehyung informed the Pathfinders' leader, moving forward when he got the go-ahead.

'So many dead...' This came out as a low whisper from the transport, watching the cameras linked to the visor of the helmets. Taehyung ignored the comment, silenced by the death that surrounded him. All around, bodies of those who couldn't get away were scattered, all the way to the Control Centre.

Carefully walking into the control centre, it was the same story as it was outside, more and more dead, scattered all over the place. 

And then, a quiet, choked whimper.

'Did you hear that?' Over the radio came Seokjin, the light on the rifle off as he crept forward around the corner to the Core Control corridor.

'I'll take point. No good to have a survivor facing the business end of a rifle.' Unholstering his pistol, Taehyung moved up with careful steps, the whimpers and sobs getting louder with each step closer.

'Hello, is anyone there?' Taehyung called out into the dark room, only getting a stifled cry of surprise in return. Moving into the room, he found a young girl, about his age, curled up against a bulkhead.

'Hey there, you okay?' Taehyung moved and knelt by the girl, pulling her around to face him, finding her arm bent a little too far at the wrong angle.

'Hold on.' Digging into his aid kit, Taehyung hastily made a sling for the broken arm before pulling the girl gently to her feet.

'Whats your name? You're safe now.'

 

 

---

Is this okay ;  ;