-Five-

Dust.

Several hours later, the transport ground to a halt, the incessant humming of the engine of the machine eased into a strange silence.

Hayoung walked into the central area of the transport, her eyes asking the question on the lips.

'Why are we stopping..?'

'We have to cool down the engines, but we'll start as soon as possible.' Namjoon replied, pointing to the porthole closest to Hayoung.

'Would you like to go outside and take a look at the desert? I'm pretty sure that you haven't been out of the Dome ever.' Jimin asked, smiling.

'I'd love to!'

'Well,Taehyung can bring you out, and Jungkook and look out for you, as usual.' Namjoon nodded at the youngest and Taehyung, pointing at a room behind him.

'Get the gear you need, and then you can go out. We'll be here for.... five hours, I think.'

'Thank you, oppa.' Hayoung nodded and turned to Taehyung.

'Gear...?'

'Come with me, kiddo.' Taehyung grabbed onto Hayoung's arm, gently pulling her along to the equipment room with Jungkook. Namjoon looked at the trio go, letting out a soft chuckle.

'If Taehyung isn't careful he'll have some love interests soon...'

Back in the equipment room, Jungkook hit several buttons, opening several panels containing armour, weapons, and survival gear.

'Why do we need guns...?'

'You never know what happens out there. So yeah.' Taehyung answered, pointing at a set of tubes and little canisters.

'Oxygen, you need that.' Jungkook nodded agreement, turning around to pick several firearms.

'We'll give you a weapon, to protect yourself, alright? And we'll teach you how to use it while we try to get you back to your family.' Taehyung handed a pistol to Hayoung, who held it gingerly in her hands.

'Only use it if you have to, okay?' Taehyung sounded deadly serious this time, looking right at her while waiting for her reply.

'Y yeah. Okay.' Jungkook turned around at the reply, looking at the weapon of choice.

'A Beretta M9? Good choice.' He nodded as he hefted a rifle in his hands.

'Why do you need a H&K now, Kook?' Taehyung asked suspiciously.

'You never know what might turn up, right? Anyway, I get to spot, so a scope might help.' Jungkook shrugged and headed out of the room , already clad in his body armour.

'I'll see you up top.'

'Taehyung?' Hayoung mumbled, looking up at the taller person.

'Yeah?'

'Can you tell me about the Pathfinders?'

'Its a long story. When the planet destroyed herself, mankind was ready, they built the Domes to protect everyone. The problem was, not every Dome was self-sufficient. So they went to ask every survival expert in the Dome to train volunteers to take items between Domes. So here we are, the Pathfinders.'

'But how about communications?'

'Well, when Earth went off on its desert streak, the control stations for all the satellites all went as well, and Hubble came crashing down onto China, so there we go, no more satellites.' Taehyung answered easily, taking the fully equipped Hayoung up to a steel hatch.

'Ready to see the desert?'