Miss Actress

Mixed One-Shot Collection

Title: Miss Actress

Characters: Jaeho, You

Genre: Comedy, Fluff

Rated: PG

 

Summary: When an Actress is forced into a dance competition and the only one not giving her grief about it is a boy too candid for his own good. 

 


 

 

“A dance show?” You question your manager as he hands you the next few months worth of schedules. 


“Look. Before you get all huffy on me, I know! You’re an Actress for our label not a dancer. But I think this show will help to broaden your fan base.” You ponder his words for a moment before nodding. He smiled and ruffled your hair before walking back to his office.

  
“See you in the morning.” He called to you without halting his retreat.

  
“Yeah…” You mumbled back, making your way to the elevator. Truth be told, this news didn’t exactly thrill you. But you just had to it up. There wasn’t much you could do about it now. If it was on your schedule, then that meant your manager had already confirmed your appearance on the show. 


“It was bound to happen sooner or later. It’ll be alright…”

 


 

“I can’t do this…” You mumbled as you forced your body to plop out of the van. Looking up at the tall building, you groaned. A hand patted you on the back none too lightly, making you topple forward a bit before catching yourself. You pouted and sent a small glare towards your manager. 


“Lighten up will ya’. You’re practically the star of the show. So you gotta look the part.” You looked at him in bewilderment. 


“I heard all the other contestants are idols from music groups. You’re the only actor/actress participating.”

  
“That doesn’t make me the star. That makes me the underdog!” You huffed.


“Relax. I know you’re gonna do great.” You rolled your eyes at the older man before fallowing him inside. 


As soon as you entered the cast room, everyone looked at you strangely. Indeed your manager was right. You didn’t really know any of them personally. This wasn’t your scene. All you could do was politely smile as you fallowed a staff member to where you would be sitting to get your makeup and hair done before the show. 


The staff member finally stopped and motioned for you to sit in your assigned chair. You did so, looking over to see who was seated next to you. The chair to your left was vacant at the moment, probably meaning someone had already been worked on or the person had yet to arrive. You then faced your right to find a guy about your age sitting there. He had yet to notice you, too preoccupied with spinning his chair in circles while looking at the ceiling in complete boredom. 


You watched him for a while, trying to put a name to his handsome face. It wasn’t until the makeup artist came that you finally looked away. You indulged in light conversation with her as she worked on you. The friendly banter was starting to cheer you up. But the feeling retreated when she had. Now alone again, you groaned. A chuckle came from your right and you promptly looked in the direction. The boy from before was now staring at you, goofy grin on his face as he threw you a peace sign.

  
“Yo, Miss Actress.” You scrunched up your nose at his informal greeting.

  
“Um hello…uh.” You thought he would get offended that you didn’t know his name. But all he did was grin even wider and stand up.

  
“Kim Jaeho of idol group History. At your service.” He stated, taking a rather dramatic bow. You giggled a bit at his silly introduction. 


“There you go. There’s that smile.” You looked at him in surprise for a second. He pouted cutely.


“You looked so upset earlier. I just wanted to cheer you up a bit.” You felt embarrassed about being caught in such a state.

  
“Oh…that.“ 


"Yes, that. Do you wanna talk about it? Is it because of this competition?” You weren’t one to openly talk about your problems. But something about Jaeho made you want to confide in him. You nodded nervously, looking around the room. He caught on.


“Listen. I’ll be right next to you, okay? Don’t worry about this silly competition. Or the people participating in it. Just try to have fun. So what if dancing isn’t your thing. Just try your best and give them a good show, Miss Actress.” You smiled at him. His words did make you feel better but he was a bit off on why you were feeling so down. You were about to tell him that when a staff member announced loudly that it was time to get into positions for the show. Jaeho grabbed your hand and pulled you out of the room. 


He stood next to you the entire time just like he promised. Albit for when his name was called and he had to go on stage briefly to perform. You watched him in awe as he danced to an electronic jazz piece you had never heard before. He was amazing. But all too soon it had ended and he was back by your side once more.

You tried to tell him why you were really feeling down about this competition but he was so immersed in the other performances that you couldn't get a word in. He finally looked over at you and smiled. Taking that as an opening, you began to speak.

  
“Listen, Jaeho. I-” Your name was called before you could finish. He gave you a thumbs up and lightly pushed you towards the stage. 

 


 

Jaeho watched you walk out to center stage. Everyone in the room seemed to stop what they were doing and stare at you. They wanted to see the actress do what they did. Or at least try to anyway. This was the part you were so down about. They were staring at you with those underestimating eyes. You hated it. They were expectiong you to fail for the sake of entertainment. It wasn't right. The judges asked you a few questions, most of them the same questions they had asked everyone else. But at the end the had poked fun a bit at your status. He watched your features darken a bit before returning to a bright smile. 


“That’s it, (y/n). Don’t let them get to you.” He whispered, sending a glare in the direction of the judges. Finally they stopped joking and asked if you were ready. You nodded and music started to play. Now Jaeho hadn’t known what to expect from you once the music started. But it was definitely not at all what he saw happening now. He watched in amazement as you flawlessly danced to a remixed hip hop track. He wasn’t even sure if he had blinked since you began your performance. The track faded out and you stood there panting for a second before bowing and leaving the stage. As soon as you were standing next to him, he squealed like a fanboy and tugged on your arm.

  
“You didn’t tell me you could dance!” He clutched his heart dramatically. 


“Pinch me, I think I’m dreaming. Either that or I’m in love~” He smirked, teasing you. A light blush dusted your cheeks.


“I tried to tell you. Dancing wasn’t the problem. Actually, I originally auditioned to be a dancer. But apparently they saw more potential in me as an Actress. I was so nervous and upset earlier because I kind of didn’t want that information to get out. That and I felt as if they were only casting an actress on this show to poke fun. I just don't agree with that. And also...people are going to make such a fuss over this…it’s troublesome.” He blinked a few times before bursting into laughter. 


“Boy. You’re something else, Miss Actress." 


"Will you stop calling me that? My name is-”


“I know your name. But I was a bit hurt to know you didn’t know mine.” You felt a little bad about that still, and he could tell. He smirked and leaned in close to your face. 


“But I’ll forgive you if you go on a date with me.” You blushed again and pushed him back before walking away. He fallowed after you while pouting.

  
“(Y/n)~ I was only kidding! But I am your number one fanboy now~ How about we go out for drinks just as friends then? I’ll pay.” He pleaded with you until you suddenly stopped. The two of you were now in the hallway a short distance away from the studio. He just looked at you in confusion.

  
“Well. I thought you wanted to buy me a drink.” You smirked at him and his eyes drifted to the vending machine you had stopped in front of. His face lit up for a moment and then he pouted again. 


“Does this mean you only want to hang out as friends?” You just shrugged playfully.


“My favorite drink is in this vending machine. Buy it for me and I’ll consider a date." 


"But I don’t…” You smirked before walking back to the studio. His eyes fallowed after you, a smile forming on his lips.

  
“Well played, Miss Actress. Well played.”