Cheesecake

Mixed One-Shot Collection

Title: Cheesecake
Characters: Daehyun, You, B.A.P
Genre: Romance
Rated: PG

 

Summary: He was the bad boy with a sweet tooth. You were the new girl with a curious disposition. 

 


 

You were relatively new to this school. So when everyone told you to stay away from this certain group of bad boys, it immediately peaked your interest. It had always been in your nature to be overly curious. Usually this was more of a curse than a blessing, as you often found yourself in trouble. You had just wanted to see who these guys actually were and why people found them so scary. But what you weren’t bargaining for was that one of them would catch your eye. It was the first time that someone had made your heart flutter upon a mere glance. His lips were turned down and he looked slightly irritated but you still found him incredibly breathtaking. At first you were convinced that it was just because he was handsome. And transferring from an all girls school you didn’t see many guys, especially good looking ones. 

So you kept your distance for a few weeks. Just to examine what the feeling might be that has nestled itself into your chest. You were a very analytical person and liked to investigate things before making decisions, most of the time. It all came with the curiosity package. Knowing things pleased you. But you had been flabbergasted by this feeling. Even when you admired him from afar, it would grow. By the time it had reached the month mark, you would unknowingly think about him most of the time. You wondered why it was that people could fear him? Even if he seemed a bit rough around the edges. People just didn’t pay enough attention to the small details. If they did, they would notice the way his brow would crease in frustration at a question on a test he couldn’t seem to get. Or how he would daydream during a lecture, the corners of his lips twitching to release a smile. Or how his eyes lit up when they had served cheesecake that one time for dessert at lunch. These were all actions everyone did at one point in their life. Get frustrated over small things and rejoice over stuff you liked. So why treat him any different? Couldn’t they look past the surface? 

It was then that you had come to two conclusions. The first being you were totally head over heels for Jung Daehyun. And the second, you had become aware that you would do anything to make him smile. Even if it was to anonymously make it clear that someone cared about him and didn’t think he was as bad of a guy as everyone thought. So you came up with a plan. One with many flaws but you had no other ideas. There was only one thing that you knew of that had made him smile. And that was Cheesecake. 

Luckily for you, your part time job was at a local cafe and cheesecake was in no short supply. So that weekend you slipped some money into the register and took a couple pieces of cheesecake home with you. Underneath each one you would leave a note that you hoped would brighten up his day. You were still taking a shot in the dark with this, considering you didn’t know much about him personally. But it couldn’t hurt to try. And something about him noticing your efforts made you happy.

That Monday was nerve wrecking. You had all but bolted out of class as soon as the bell rang to make sure you would make it to the cafeteria before anyone else. You suppressed a sigh of relief when you had. Getting him to see it was not going to be hard. Him and his group of friends always sat at the same table for lunch every day, far away from everyone else. And for an extra measure, you had written his initials on the top with frosting. You rushed over to set the dessert on the table, making it back to your seat in time for a crowd of people to noisily roam into the cafeteria. You took out your lunch as the area filled quickly, observing the front door every so often to see if it was Daehyun walking in. You held your breath when it actually was and watched silently as he walked over to the vacant table in the back. You played with the hem of your shorts under the table nervously as you saw him examine your present. He looked up and around, a bit confused and you looked down so you wouldn’t get caught staring. When you looked back, you saw him smile and sit down, pulling the plate closer to him. His smile was infectious and the corners of your mouth lifted upwards as well. It felt good to make him smile. 

Your table was the only one placed close to theirs. Not many people sat there. And none of them dared to sit at the far end where you sat. You had gotten many looks and questions as to why you would sit so close to them. But all you would do was shrug and tell them it was just a seat. What difference did it make where it was? Besides, you would occasionally hear Daehyun speak. That was enough to make you continue sitting there. Even if other people gave you odd looks.

"Did you put this here, Hyung?" Your back straightened as you listened to him ask each of his friends if they had given him the dessert. Each one of them denied doing so and you watched as confusion took over his features once more. But he ate it anyway, smiling gleefully as his taste buds savored the food he loved so much. Once he finished, you watched carefully as he now examined the empty plate. His reaction made your heart melt and you were sure that if you were standing, your knees would give out. His face flushed and his ears went red as he chocked on the last bit of cheesecake he had in his mouth. Everyone at his table looked over at him as he looked at the plate wide eyed. One of his friends leaned over his shoulder and looked at it as well. 

"I hope this made you happy. When you smile, it brightens my day." Youngjae repeated the words scribbled neatly on the plate. The rest of the table laughed and cooed at him, which only made his face burn hotter.

"Sounds like someone has a secret admirer."

"I have a secret admirer…" He trailed, looking at the small paper plate in wonder.

For the next few weeks, you left a cheesecake on his table. And every day he would devour the snack to get to the message underneath only to grin like crazy and blush. It was becoming routine now and you had never been so overjoyed about making someone smile. Until the fallowing Monday. Everything was going just as planned. You had made it to the cafeteria while it was still empty and had placed the cheesecake at his table perfectly. But when you turned around to head back to your own seat, a body was blocking your path. You looked up and all the color had drained from your face. Standing in front of you was none other than Jung Daehyun. At first his lips were pulled into a tight line as he stared at you. It had made you uneasy and for a second you thought that you might pass out. He was just staring at you silently. But then he grinned and leaned in close to you, whispering into your ear.

"Caught you." Your mouth went dry as your face turned red. But his actions after that completely blindsided you. He passed by you and sat down. Not knowing what to do, you stood there for a few moments. When people stared coming in, you regained your senses and scurried to your seat. Almost the whole lunch period, you could feel eyes on you. And every time you would look up, Daehyun would be looking at you. There was only eight minutes left of lunch when you finally couldn’t take his stares anymore. You got up from your seat and excused yourself from the cafeteria silently. You headed down the hallway and to your locker, putting your lunch bag away and pulling out the books you needed for your next class. But when you turned, he was there again. The sight of him made you drop the books in your hand. He stepped closer to you.

"You’re cute when you get flustered." You blinked. Did your crush just call you cute? It sent your heart racing. He bent down and picked up your things from the floor. When he stood back up, he rubbed the back of his head awkwardly. 

"L-listen." Your heart sunk as you waited for his words of rejection. 

"I really liked your gifts…Not just the cheesecake. But the notes you would leave me. I kept them all. They really did make me smile." He spoke softly. You looked at him in shock.

"I guess…well. What I’m trying to say is…We should go out sometime." His face rivaled yours with redness.

"Wait so…You’re not rejecting me?" You asked in confusion. He smiled and looked at you for the first time since he stood from collecting your books off the ground. 

"Why would I do that? Other than B.A.P, you’re the first person to actually treat me like a human being around here. And…" He trailed off, staring at you in awe.

"And you’re beautiful." He whispered. Before you could say anything, the bell rang. He just looked at you and smirked, somehow gaining confidence by seeing your flustered appearance. 

"Come on. I think I should walk my future girlfriend to class." Your eyes grew wide at his words as he laced his arm though yours and dragged you forward. You had only one thought in mind as you let him drag you down the hallway.

Food really is the key to a mans heart.