Text Message

Mixed One-Shot Collection

Title: Text Message
Characters: Youngjae, You, JB (Minor Jackson, Jr., Mark)
Genre: Romance, Fluff
Rated: PG-13

 

Summary: He was charming, sweet, and...anonymous? You had fallen for a secret admirer. 

 


 

You were helping Jaebum babysit his cousins. Two rambunctious five year old twin boys who were currently giving him a hard time. You watched in amusement as the young boys climbed all over him. He sent you a desperate look. 

"Alright boys. It’s time for bed. I think we let you stay up long enough past your bedtimes." You sternly spoke. They let out displeased noises but nonetheless listened to you and headed towards bed. 

"Why do they listen to you but not me?!" He hollered after you as you went to help tuck them into bed. 

"Because noona is pretty!" One of them yelled back, making you chuckle. You made sure they were alright before returning to the living room. Jaebum was laying on the floor, tired out from play time.

"I’m pretty too." He pouted. Your phone buzzed in your pocket and you hurriedly grabbed for it, opening up the message. 

You busy tonight? I think it’s about time that we meet~ What do you say, beautiful? It read and you couldn’t help the wide smile that crept onto your face as nerves ate at the inside of your belly.

You want to meet in person? I finally get to see your face and know the man behind the mystery? This is for real right?

Yes. I’m done hiding behind words on a screen. It’s time you know who I am. Meet me outside of that restaurant you always go to with JB and his friends. I’m already here. :)  

I’ll be there. :D As soon as you hit send, you looked up to see a curious Jaebum standing in front of you. Jumping back out of shock, you clutched your phone to your chest. 

"Are you trying to give me a heart attack. Jeez." He just cocked his head to the side as his lips formed a straight line.

"Who are you talking to?"

"N-no one important." He eyed you suspiciously. 

"If it wasn’t important, you wouldn’t have been smiling like a love sick puppy and blushing." You inwardly cursed Jaebum for his ability to read you so openly. Never could you get anything past him.

"It’s just a boy…" You meekly stated. 

"Just a boy? You wouldn’t of acted like that if it was just a boy. You practically ripped the fabric of your jeans trying to get your phone out fast enough. Are you seeing this boy without telling me?" You winced at his hard gaze. This is why you didn’t want to tell him. Or any of your other friends for that matter. They were all so protective of you. But given the past relationships they have seen you go through, you guessed they had a right to be. Falling for the bad boys was always a problem for you. 

"Its not like that, really. We aren’t dating. Just…talking."

"Who is he?" There it was. The question you wanted to avoid even more than them finding out you were talking to someone in the first place.

"Well…I don’t exactly know…but he wants to meet tonight and-"

"You have never met him before but you’re going to meet him?! Over my dead body. What if he’s some psycho?!"

"Jaebum."

"No."

"Please. I really really like him. We have been texting for a few weeks now and he’s sweet and romantic and nothing like the guys I used to date."

"I’m not letting you go." You needed to convince him, knowing full well that he’d keep watch on you for as long as he had to if it meant you not meeting this boy.

"He says that he knows you."

"I know a lot of people."

"He said that he’s friends with you. That he stole my number out of your phone."

"How do you know that isn’t a lie?" 

"Because he knows what my contact name is in your phone. Its only something our friends would know, Jaebum. And he knows things. Things I have only told to you and to the guys. He knows about that one trip last summer. And how I got the scar on my knee from when you saved me when we were 10. That’s something only we know. I haven’t told anyone that." He was about to argue back but paused, a look of realization crossing his features. Then he grinned playfully.

"I know who it is.~" Your eyes widened.

"What? How?! Tell me!" 

"I’ve only told one person that story. And I doubt he has told anyone else. Now that I think about it, I did leave my phone at his house a few weeks ago." His grin only grew as he pulled out his phone.

"If it is who you think it is, can I go?" He didn’t reply, concentrating on texting the mystery person. You tried peeking over his shoulder to see who he was texting but he kept you away easily. 

So you and (Y/N) huh? You clever boy. Taking her number out of my phone. Why didn’t you tell me you had a thing for her? ;) He immediately got a text back.

How did you find out?! Please don’t tell her hyung… He chuckled.

I’ll leave that to you. But I swear. She’s like my sister, my own blood. If you hurt her…

I could never. He didn’t bother replying as he let out a deep sigh and looked at you.

"Alright. You can go. But if anything goes wrong you call me. He may be my friend but I still wont hesitate to knock him around a bit for you." You rolled your eyes.

"Yes father." Jaebum smiled in satisfaction. 

"Well, what are you doing standing around here for? Don’t you have to go meet him or something?" Your eyes widened as you all but bolted out the front door. When you got close to the restaurant, you messaged him.

I’m almost there. Are you still waiting for me?

Of Coarse. :) But I can’t say that I’m not nervous. What if you don’t like me after you know who I really am?

I doubt that will happen. JB knows who you are and if I got his approval then you must be a really great guy. So since we are about to meet, can you give me more detailed clues besides your gender and that your friends with my friends. Like, have we met before? Am I going to know you once I see you? 

Yes. We have actually hung out on several different occasions. But I was always too shy to talk to you. How could I when you looked so stunning? 

Aw. You always say such sweet things to me. And I’m here. 

I know, beautiful. I can see you. You looked up from your phone, trying to spot a familiar face in the small crowd outside the restaurant. Your phone buzzed again.  

I’m inside. You began to grow a bit more nervous. Taking a deep breath, you walked through the doors, eyes scanning for a familiar face yet not knowing who to look for. But suddenly you saw someone you recognized. He smiled at you and you wasted no time walking over to the table he sat at. He stood to greet you, nervously bumping his leg on the table and wincing. Your smile widened.

"Youngjae. It’s you?" He nodded shyly. To be honest, once he had said you two had hung out a few times but he had never really approached you, his face came to mind. 

"So do you still like me?" You nodded. 

"Of coarse I do!" He relaxed and heaved a sigh of relief. 

"Good, because I really like you too." You blushed and he ushered you to sit. You did and became surprised when he slid in next to you instead of taking his original seat. 

"Is this…okay? I just wanted to finally be close to you after only texting you for so long…" He whispered. You found yourself scooting closer to him as a comforting feeling nestled its way into your body. You watched as he blushed.

"It’s more than okay." He treated you to a meal and then offered to walk you home. You gladly accepted. But as the two of you walked, you had forgotten about your original destination. The both of you talked, walking alongside each other for what seemed like hours. But then the houses and streets all came back into focus and you had realized that you had been circling your block over and over again, finally coming to a stop outside your apartment. 

"Well." You stated.

"Well." He repeated. 

"I think I should actually go in this time." He nodded but neither of you made an effort to move.  

"I had a good time. I guess I’ll get going now."

"Goodnight." He stated, smiling at you.

"Goodnight." You repeated, turning to leave. But something caught your hand. Looking down, you found his fingers encircling your wrist lightly. 

"(Y/N) I….Will you go out with me?" You giggled. 

"Youngjae. We just went out." He blushed.

"Not like that. I mean…Will you be my girlfriend?" You knew this question was coming and yet it still sent a jolt of excitement through every one of your bones. 

"Yes." He smiled and leaned forward, pressing his forehead against yours.

"Then I’m going to kiss you now, okay?" 

"O-okay." He leaned in and lightly brushed his lips against yours. You gave in instantly and pressed forward, making the light kiss a bit more romantic. His hand went up and brushed the side of your cheek while the other one still held your wrist gently. 

"Ew. That’s disgusting. Stop!" You heard from the doorway behind you. 

"Oh shut up, JB! It’s romantic." You heard Jr. say.

"Whoop Whoop! Get it Youngjae!" You both broke apart after hearing the comments directed towards you.

"Jackson. That was too much. Look, you embarrassed them." Mark groaned, hitting the boy upside the head. 

"G-guys. What are you doing here?" You questioned, still red from being caught.

"Making sure you were brought home at a reasonable hour. Which you were not. Three in the morning? If we hadn’t watched you walk by your house half a dozen times, we would all be out looking for you." Jackson spoke again, deepening your embarrassment. 

"Next time bring her back by midnight." Jaebum stated sternly. Youngjae just looked at you and smiled as he gave your hand a light squeeze.

"Yes sir."