The Bad Boy Concept

Mixed One-Shot Collection

Title: The Bad Boy Concept
Character: Suga(Main), JHope, V, You
Genre: Romance, Angst
Rated: PG -13

 

Summary: You, Hoesik, and Taehyung were three peas in a pod. The best of friends. And Yoongi was jealous.

 


 

You tried your best to avoid going to your best friends basketball games. It wasn’t like you didn’t want to support them. It was just that you sort of had a crush on one of their teammates. It was something you kept hidden from Taehyung and Hoesik. They were friends with this person after all and you didn’t want to compromise their friendship over your silly feelings. But tonight it was unavoidable. 

You had been avoiding this for far too long and became worried that they might start growing suspicious of all your excuses and investigate the matter further. So there you were. Sitting on the floor bleacher in your school gym not even fifteen feet from the team bench. You were kind of a quiet girl, not having many friends other than the two basketball players that were currently making hearts and overly dramatic facial expressions in your direction. You blushed and looked away from the scene, too embarrassed to acknowledge their existence. How did I become friends with the two most dorky and enthusiastic people in our whole High School?! You thought, pulling on the hem of your shorts. You were suddenly tackled as two sets of arms wrapped around either side of you. Looking up, you saw Taehyung on the right side of you and Hoesik on your left, both giving you a sly glance.

"What? Why are you both looking at me like that?" You pushed them off of you and looked around, concerned that someone might of seen the display. Fortunately, people in your school were used to seeing you three so close all the time so no one paid it much attention. Your eyes suddenly connected with a boy standing by the team bench. You quickly broke the contact and blushed again. 

"This is the first of our games you could make it to. It’s a big deal! You finally get to see how cool I am in action." You rolled your eyes.

"Hoesik, I’ve seen you practice and play one on one with Taehyung. You’re not cool looking." He pouted at your words as Taehyung snickered.

"But I’m cool. Right (Y/N)?" 

"Sorry Tae. You’re in the same boat." Now it was Hoesik’s turn to laugh as he got up and headed towards the bench. Taehyung nudged your shoulder making you concentrate on him once more.  

"Will you wear my team jacket for luck?" You grinned at him and nodded. He smiled widely and stood, striping his jacket and pulled you to your feet. He slung it over your shoulders and you immediately put your arms through the holes. He reached down and zipped it up all the way. 

"Ew. You need to wash this thing." He shrugged lazily and walked back to his team. Your eyes fallowed him, scanning over each of the members before your eyes locked on the same ones as before. You blinked a few times as this time he was the one to break contact first. Your heart was racing slightly. Twice within five minutes that you and your crush had looked into each others eyes. It does things to a girl. Was he…staring at me?  You shook your head, dismissing the thought. There was no way he would do that. You were sure that he didn’t even know you existed. You were snapped out of your deep thinking as a buzzer sounded.


Yoongi was beyond distracted today. His concentration had been lacking ever since he had seen Taehyung and Hoesik get all touchy with you before the game. It had made him incredibly angry for some reason. And the fact that you were wearing Taehyung’s jacket had pissed him off even more. So when he had accidentally bumped into Taehyung during the game, it was no surprise to Yoongi that he felt no remorse whatsoever as he looked down at the boy now on the floor in front of him. 
 

"Sorry." He stiffly spoke, walking away from the boy looking up at him curiously and a bit shocked at his cold behavior. The rest of the game had continued like this. He would make snark comments directed at the two boys whenever they had done something worth provoking. He’d bump into them whenever they got too close or cut in front of them to steal their spotlight at any chance he had. The boys just simply let it happen, not sure why their friend was being so hostile tonight. 

The game had ended about an hour and a half after it had begun. They had taken the win that night and you were happy to have witnessed it. You wouldn’t admit it to their faces, but your friends were kind of cool while they played basketball. It was something they were both good at and it showed in their performance how much they loved the game. Suddenly, you were hoisted into the air by someones hands around your waist. Looking down, you saw Hoesik. He quickly spun you around as you squealed and then set you down. 

"See. You are our luck charm. It’s because you wore my jacket." Taehyung stated as he walked up to you. You playfully punched him in the chest and watched as he flinched slightly. Your eyes widened a fraction as you looked at him apologetically. 

"I’m sorry. Did I hurt you?"

"You think you could hurt me with your puny muscles? As If!" His eyes glanced to the side at someone as he continued.  

"It was just a bit…rough out there today. Don’t worry. Nothing I can’t handle." He grinned at you and you sighed in relief before punching him again where you knew he was bruised.

"Yah! I can so take you on! Right Hoesik?" He smiled at Taehyung.

"Sorry. I’m with her on this one man. She’s kind of fierce when you get her pissed off." You and Taehyung had a little glare down as you both stuck your tongues out at each other. Hoesik just shook his head and slung his arm over your shoulder. 

"So, (Y/N). There is a little get together going on in about an hour to celebrate our win. You wanna come?" He asked.

"Am I allowed to?" They both nodded.

"Anyone is welcome." You so desperately wanted to tell them no, knowing that Yoongi was most likely going to be there too. But as they both looked at you with pleading looks, you couldn’t help the ‘Yeah, sure.’ that passed through your lips. 

"Great. Wait for us by Hoesik’s car outside. We’ll only be a few minutes. We just have to go back to the locker rooms to change and freshen up a bit." You nodded and parted ways.


A few minutes passed. You were sitting on the hood of Hoesik’s car, knees hugged to your torso as you stared at the ground in thought. It was dark out now, and it slightly set your nerves on edge being in an almost empty parking lot by yourself. The only light was coming from the evenly placed street lamps. It wasn’t until you heard feet walking towards you that you looked up. As soon as you caught sight of the figure approaching, your back straightened and your mouth grew dry. Unknowingly your eyes fallowed him. Once he was standing in front of you, he looked up.

"You just gonna stare at me the whole time or what?" You cleared your throat and looked down at his harshly spoken words.

"A-ah. I wasn’t…I mean I didn’t mean to. Sorry." You spoke shyly, saddened at how cold he was towards you. You heard him tsk and mumble something incoherent as he walked away, fallowed by his car door opening, slamming and then the engine revving. Even when you were sure he was out of sight, you didn’t look up from the ground. Your heart hurt. It was one thing to be ignored completely by your crush. But to be acknowledged rudely by them was another story. 

"I didn’t expect him to be so rude…" You mumbled to yourself. Whenever you were admiring him, he always seemed so carefree. Appearances were deceiving.  

"You didn’t expect who to be so rude?" You jumped up at the sound of the voice, almost falling off the hood of the car before catching yourself.

"N-no one. I was just thinking about this drama I was watching earlier. One of the characters I really liked turned out to be the bad guy. Just threw me for a loop is all." You chuckled nervously as Hoesik rolled his eyes at you. 

"Watching those silly things again? All they do is fill your head with high expectations with anything involving romance." You puffed up your cheeks as you hopped into the back seat. 

"So what if I think my love life will never be complete unless someone stops me from getting on a plane to another country by dramatically confessing their feelings for me and then kissing me passionately. That’s none of your concern." You pout. Both men raise their eyebrows at you.

"Actually. It’s no surprise to me that (Y/N) fell for the ‘bad guy’ character. I can totally see her going for that type of guy in real life." You held your breath at his words.

"No way! I see her liking more of the cutesy type of guys. The ones that are overflowing with lovable charms! It’s totally more her style." Hoesik defended. Taehyung spun around to face you from the passenger seat. 

"So. Which one is more accurate? Do you like the bad boys or the cute boys?" You blushed.

"I um never really thought about it. I guess a bit of both? I don’t know." Both boys made an unsatisfied grunt. 

"We can’t both be right. How are we supposed to settle this? (Y/N) You have to pick one not both~" Taehyung wined. They bickered about your ideal type the whole car ride, making you feel a bit suffocated. As the three of you entered the diner where the small get together was being held, you glared at them.

"Will you two just stop with this whole argument. If I don’t even know how are you two supposed to know, huh? This whole thing is ridicules." They both stared at you for a second before totally ignoring your words and continuing.

"I know what we could do! Let’s ask people who don’t know her that well to choose. Which ever one get the highest number of votes, wins!" You sighed and hung your shoulders low. They dragged you to the back of the diner where a large group of people you recognized to be the basketball team and some other people from your school were. You were antiquated with a few of the other members of the team but not really well. 

"Hey guys! Hoesik and I have a little bet going on. We need an outsiders perspective." They all seemed pretty interested and looked up from what they were doing to listen.You were tugging at Taehyung’s sleeve to try and get him to shut up but he ignored you.

"What type of guy do you think (Y/N) would be into the most? A cute guy or a bad boy?"

"This is seriously uncalled for. You are both idiots. Why do I hang out with you?" Your retort made a few of their members chuckle but they were still quite interested in the topic. 

"Well I say bad boy." Namjoon, the captain of the team spoke up.

"Yeah. He’s right. If she liked the cutesy ones, then one of you two would of already landed her as your girlfriend." Everyone laughed and agreed.

"Psh! Whatever man." Hoesik pouted at his loss as Taehyung did a victory peace sign. 


Yoongi just sat in the back, lost in his own thoughts. You weren’t supposed to show up here as well. It was setting him off more and more lately at how close you were to his teammates. He was jealous. Insanely so. Stealing glances at your smiling face was melting his heart into goo. He had finally made his decision. He was going to confess to you. If it was the only way to get Taehyung and Hoesik to stop hanging all over you like they did, then he would do it. Because he couldn’t take much more of this. He waited until you excused yourself, heading outside to get some air. Then he slipped out unnoticed. 

You were leaning on the railing outside the shop when he casually walked up and stood beside you, leaning on the rail as well. He watched as your body tensed once you noticed him. 

"S-sorry. I won’t look at you, I promise." You whispered, getting ready to walk away. He reached out and grabbed your arm. It was then that he recalled the bet the others were talking about earlier. Not giving you a chance to think, he tossed you against the side of the building. It wasn’t hard enough to hurt you, but it was enough to get your attention. He ped Taehyung’s jacket that you still had on and slid it off your shoulder before tossing it on the ground beside you. He placed his hands on the wall, one on either side of your face. And then Yoongi leaned in close to you, smirking.

"So you like bad boys I hear." You swallowed the lump in your throat. His eyes traveled down your face, landing on your perfectly shaped lips.

"Um. I-I’m not really-" Before you had a chance to finish, his lips had covered yours. You were so shocked that you couldn’t respond at first. But then for some reason you pushed him back, landing a hard slap on his cheek. You didn’t know why you had done it and the hurt that flashed in his eyes.

"No, Yoongi.  I do not! I liked you! But that's before I found out how much of a jerk you were." Your eyes watered as you quickly walked down the street. You just wanted to get out of there. His hand slowly fell from his face as he processed your words. You liked him. You liked him and he ruined it. You were halfway down the block when you were halted by arms hugging you from behind. 

"I’m sorry. I’m so sorry." You pried his hands off of your middle and spun around to face him. 

"You're sorry for what part exactly? For throwing me up against a wall and kissing me? Or for being rude towards me earlier? This is all just too much for me. I think you should go back to ignoring my existence." You turned to leave but he grabbed your hand this time. 

"I can’t do that."

"Why not?!" You spat.

"Because you were never invisible to me. Don’t you understand? Back there…I…I was trying to confess to you. I know I’m not good with words. And sometimes I take my anger out on others. About earlier. I wasn’t trying to come off rude to you. Believe me. You are the last person I want to see me like that. But I was just so angry. I don’t like it when they get close to you. And you were wearing his jacket... I was jealous. Jealous and angry. And I’m so sorry that I took it out on you. And about the kiss. That’s not me. I just thought you liked guys who would do that sort of thing so…" He looked down at his feet and rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. 

"Please forgive me. I just wanted to be the one closest to you…" You didn’t give it a second thought as you grabbed either side of his face and kissed him lightly. He was a bit surprised but soon he kissed back, placing his hand on the back of your neck to gently pull you closer. 

"I forgive you. Just don’t be the bad boy anymore. Be Min Yoongi." He grinned at you and pulled you in for a hug.

"I can do that."