Demure Keys

Mixed One-Shot Collection

Title: Demure Keys
Character: Dongwoon, You
Genre: Romance, fluff
Rated: PG

 

Summary: He was tongue tied and terrified. And you were getting the wrong impression. 

 


 

He paces back and forth in front of the studio.

"I can’t do this. Just look at her, Hyung…She’s perfect." He points to inside the small framed window above the studio room door handle. Junhyung rolls his eyes.

"I think you are overreacting, Dongwoon. How can you get so choked up over a simple girl?" He runs his hand through his hair and continues pacing. 

"I think I’m gonna be sick. I can’t do this." Dongwoon tries heading for the exit until a hand slips over his shoulders and turns him to face the door again. 

"I came all the way here on my day off to help you confess to this girl. You are not backing out now. Come on. We’re going in now." Before he had time to register Junhyung’s words they were already inside the spacious practice room. You looked up from the piano you had been playing to see who had joined you in the room, a pleasant smile on your lips. Both men faltered for a moment. For some reason Junhyung started feeling nervous as well. Not because he held feelings for you, but because he knew how much you meant to his younger and he desperately wanted things to go well between the two of you. On the other hand, Dongwoon couldn’t stop fidgeting. It was taking all his concentration to look at you instead of the ground but he found himself failing miserably.

"Ah. Hello. What brings you two to the studio on a Saturday evening?" You spoke curiously. You got even more confused when neither of them answered your question. Raising an eyebrow, you decided to continue playing the piano.Maybe they don’t want to talk to me? Did I do something to offend them? You weren’t very familiar with any of the BEAST members. And you knew even less about Dongwoon. It had seemed that every time you had gotten the chance to talk to him, he would magically have something better to do. It kind of made you a little upset to think about. After all, he was your sunbae and you did hold a great deal of respect for him. Did he not think highly enough of you to engage in casual conversation form time to time? You did your best to ignore the two as you gracefully played the piano.

"You know. Dongwoon plays the….the…" You ceased in playing and looked up at Junhyung. He was gesturing to the instrument you were currently sitting at.

"The…Piano?" You questioned, raising an eyebrow. He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. How could his brain betray him at a time like this?  

"Yeah…Piano, He plays it really well. I can play it too. No big deal." You blinked a few times and stared down at your hands that were resting on the black and white keys. Taking them off slowly, you folded them in your lap. It had felt as if he was telling you that you weren’t anything special for knowing how to play, which made you even more upset.

"I…suppose its not…" Junhyung wanted to smack himself. He really was messing up everything. Instead of being a wing man, he was making his friends crush upset.

"So…I’m going to head out. You two have a good talk." He hastily made his way towards the door, leaving you and Dongwoon behind. You felt slightly uncomfortable. How were you supposed to interact with someone who you thought didn’t hold you to their standards? Heaving a sigh, you looked down at your lap.

"Would you like to use this room? If so, you can tell me and I will leave for you Sunbae-nim. I’m done practicing anyway." You didn’t give him time to answer as you quickly grabbed your sheet music and stood, getting ready to leave. As you walked past him he caught your hand, making you halt instantly. You faltered slightly at the jolt that shot up your arm.

"Please stay." He whispered. To say you were surprised would be an understatement. He pulled you towards the piano lightly and made you sit down before also joining you on the small bench. Your face heated at the close proximity as his long fingers started playing a slow melody. You just sit there and watch as he plays, not knowing what to do. He then stops abruptly and looks at you.

"This isn’t how I pictured playing this piece…Here, give me your hand." You obliged nervously and watched as he took your hand in his briefly before resting it on top of his own.

"There. And don’t you dare move it." You nod shyly at him as he begins to play once more. Once the song ends you remove your hand from his and place it back in your lap. He sighs and grabs it again, pulling you towards him.

"I thought I told you not to move it." You were about to protest when his other hand cascaded gently down your cheek, making you lock eyes with him. His face was brightly colored as he stared back at you.

"This is also not how I pictured confessing to you…" He looked down at your hand that now rested in his own.

"You…like me?"

"No. I’m pretty sure I have passed the point of just liking you, (Y/N)…I love you. And I have for quite some time now." It was getting a bit hard for you to breathe. Was any of this actually happening? He let out a nervous chuckle.

"So there’s my confession. I guess now all there is to it is to know if you will accept it or not." At that moment, everything clicked inside your head. He wasn’t reluctant to talk to you because he thought himself higher. He was just shy because he had feelings for you. It made your heart swell and you found yourself answering before your brain had time to catch up.

"Yes."

"Yes?"

"I accept your feelings." His smile widened tenfold as the grip he had on your hand tightened.

"Can I kiss you?" You nodded slowly and blushed as he leaned in closer to you. It was a soft, gentle kiss that only lasted a few seconds. But it somehow had made your heart race faster than ever before.

"You have no idea how long I have waited to do that."