Camping Trip

Mixed One-Shot Collection

Title: Camping Trip
Characters: Jongup, You, B.A.P
Genre: Romance, Humor 
Rated: PG-13

 

Summary: A camping trip with best friends and your crush? What could go wrong...

 


 

It felt good to actually get away. Camping out in the middle of nowhere with your friends was most likely going to be the highlight of your college summer vacation. Mostly because you got to spend time with your one and only crush, Jongup. It was a bit embarrassing though. All of your friends knew how you felt about him and would tease you often. 

"Stop gawking or your eyes will fall out." You jumped in surprise and turned to face Himchan, the friend who picked on you the most.

"I wasn’t gawking!" You shifted your attention back to Jongup as he hauled a cooler full of food onto his shoulder and carried it away. Himchan raised an eyebrow.

"Okay, I was gawking a little bit." You deadpanned, facing him again. He smirked. You had given up denying your feelings for him long ago. He ignored your glare and handed you a cooler, laughing as you struggled to hold the weight. 

"Jerk." 

"Awe. You’re so sweet." He nudged you and you rolled your eyes, walking away from him. You were in your own little world when the heavy weight was lifted from your arms. Looking up, you saw Jongup smiling down at you.

"I’ll get it. It looks kinda heavy."A blush dusted your cheeks.

"T-thanks, Jongup. You’re the best." He just nodded, still smiling as he walked away with the cooler.

"Thanks, Jongup. You’re the best!" A voice mimicked behind you in a fake girly voice. You pouted. 

"Shut up Daehyun. Ugh. Remind me why I came on this trip again?" 

"Because we had Jongup ask you and its not like you could say no to him. Plus it would be a good way to bond with your future husband. Just try to keep it down if the bonding gets too hot and heavy." He winked and then laughed. You put him in a headlock and he stopped his mocking, trying to fight your arms off of his neck. 

"Ow. What the hell~" He wined.

"Take it back and I’ll let you go." He growled.

"Youngjae! Help!" Said boy looked up from what he was doing and assessed the scene lazily.

"Hmm, no. You probably deserve that headlock." Daehyun groaned. 

"Alright! You win. I take it back!" You let him go and he rubbed at his neck. 

"Wahhh. I’m going to get you back for that." You rolled your eyes and fallowed him to the center of the camp and took a seat next to Zelo as he handed you a can of soda.

"Stop picking on her, Dae." Youngjae scolded, sitting down as well. You took a swig of your drink, grinning at the betrayed look on Daehyun’s face.

"This is why Youngjae’s my favorite." 

"Are you sure about that noona. Because I’m pretty sure I saw you eyeing someone else earlier." Zelo spoke. You were about to say something when Yongguk walked over, fallowed by Jongup. 

"Okay. I need two of you to go and make a grocery run before it gets dark. Apparently Himchan forgot to pack one of the food coolers and what we have won’t be enough to last us all week, especially with Daehyun here. There is a store a couple miles back. We passed it on the way here. Who want’s to go?" It was quiet for a second before Daehyun spoke up.

"I nominate (Y/N) and Jongup!" Before either of you had a chance to speak, Yongguk hauled you to your feet.

"Sound’s good to me! Here’s some money. Have a safe trip! Please walk leisurely and enjoy the scenery." He pushed you closer to Jongup and you had to catch yourself so that you wouldn’t bump into the boy. Jongup just scratched the back of his head and smiled.

"Let’s go then." He stated. You just nodded and fallowed him down the dirt path. Most of the walk was silent. You looked over at your companion to find him spaced out and looking around in wonder. You were also distracted by the thought of being so close to him while alone. After about thirty minutes, you stopped walking. He noticed right away and stopped also, looking at you in concern.

"Is something the matter?"

"I feel like we should of been there by now. Yongguk said it was only a couple of miles down the road. I think we took a wrong turn." He looked around as well. 

"You’re right. We should of been there by now. Lets try going back." You nodded and fallowed him. Another thirty minutes passed and neither of you knew where you were. You started to panic a bit as it was now starting to get dark. You heard rustling from one of the bushes nearby and latched onto his arm.

"J-Jongup. It’s getting dark." His face flushed slightly at your sudden contact before lacing his fingers with yours. 

"Don’t worry. I see smoke up ahead. Maybe it’s our camp." You nodded, but didn’t let go. Upon getting closer, you realized that it wasn’t the place you were hoping for. An older couple looked up startled as you and Jongup stumbled out of the woods and onto their campsite. Jongup explained your situation to them and they agreed to let you use their phone to call your friends. 

"What lot are you kids staying at?" The old man had asked you as Jongup was some distance away on the phone with who you believed to be Yongguk.

"48." The old woman chuckled.

"That’s quite a distance from us. How about you and your boyfriend borrow our spare camper for the night. It’ll be dark soon and we’d feel bad if you had to walk all that way this late. Then in the morning, I’ll draw you up a map and you two can be on your way."

"That’s very kind of you but he’s not my-"

"Thank you for letting me use your phone." Jongup came back and handed the device back to the couple.

"No problem. So it’s settled. You two will use our spare camper tonight and in the morning we’ll help you find your way back." Jongup looked a little surprised but didn’t object. 

"Then I’ll be needing to call my friend back." Was all he said.

You stood there awkwardly. The camper was small and only had one full sized bed. You blushed at the thought of sharing a bed with Jongup. Him on the other hand, looked as relaxed as ever. He kicked off his shoes and stripped his shirt, crawling into bed.

"Whoa. This is comfier than it looks. Beats sleeping in a tent!" He stated. Your face grew hot as you fallowed after him stiffly. Sharing the bed wasn’t the only problem. There was also only one pillow. He offered it to you but you refused.

"It’s okay, you have it. I don't mind." He looked at you in thought for a second before resting his head on the pillow. Then his arm shot out before you could lay down.

"Here. Use my arm then." You blushed and hesitated. 

"What if I hurt you, though?" He pulled you down and rested your head on his arm.

"Don’t worry about it." You both remained quiet for some time after that, body tense. His other arm s around your waist and pulled you closer. Your back was now fully against his chest.

"Relax." He whispered. 

"I can’t." You softly spoke back. 

"Why not?" Again, you hesitated.

"Is it because you like me?" He asked. You sat up quickly, making his arm fall from your waist. He fallowed your action and sat up as well. 

"W-what?" 

"Well...Himchan told me that you have a crush on me." He blushed.

"I m-mean. I just thought he was fooling around with me. So I didn’t say anything. But I’m kinda curious…..I would like it to be, y-you know...true. Because I really like you...." Hearing him say that had boosted your confidence and before you knew it, thw words had slipped out of your mouth. 

"It is." You flushed.

"Good." Leaning over, he planted a soft kiss on your lips before pulling you back down on the bed. 

"You know. If you’re that worried about hurting my arm, you can sleep on my chest." He didn’t give you an option as he lightly pulled you down and placed your head right above his rapidly beating heart. He encased his arms around your back and hugged you to him tightly. 

"Wow. This feels really good. Holding you like this." Jongup's forewardness had startled you. He played with a strand of your hair. 

"Yes." You agreed shyly.

"Does this mean you’re my girlfriend now?"

"Yeah. I suppose it does" He smiled brightly before closing his eyes.

"Goodnight, (Y/N)."

"Goodnight, Jongup."