Episode 86

Boys Over Flowers 02 - My heart can’t rest even for a moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jan Di stepped towards him slowly. The result sheet in her hand and the smile in her face were telling the world that she has won the battle. After facing so many obstacles and difficulties the courageous and targeted girl Gum Jan Di has obtained the victory for her hard work. She could see a big envelop in his hand and a smile in his face too. She guessed that he would get to know about her results already before coming to meet her there.

While she coming towards him, he stepped to her too slowly towards the school gate. The students were gathering here and there seeing one of the famous faces of the country. They were full of jealous with Jan Di all the time. Yoo Won came slowly far from her but he also could see the luxury car and the top famous billionaire in front of the gate who was waiting to congratulate Gum Jan Di.

“My congratulations to our new doctor!!! I wish you will do miracles in lives in future with your brain and from your hands!!!” he shook hand to her.

“Thank you so much” she said catching his warm hand.

“Though you started medical college I never thought you would win it like this because it is really difficult. But the brave and determined Gum Jan Di has won the combat” he said again tightening her hand with a pleasant smile.

“Goo Jun Pyo! have you never believed that I would become a doctor one day? Ohhh!! Is that so…? But it’s OK, I have shown you completing and winning my target” she said looking at him with a smile when he took away his hand from her.

“I got presents for your graduation” he said making her surprised.

“Presents? To me?” she murmured shockingly. Her heart was filling with happiness.

“Yes, but today I brought only one and there is another present waiting” his words were really calm and pleasant. She stared at him shockingly.

“Here it is” He spread his hand where envelop was held. Jan Di surprisingly took it from him and opened it. There was a document in it. She took it in her hand and read from the top to bottom. He could see the widened eyes of her and at the same time was slowly opening.

“Goo Jun Pyo!!! What is this? What is it all about?” she asked looking at him shockingly.

“Why? Can’t you read Korean?” he asked with a smile. With widened eyes she kept stared at him. She didn’t know what to tell him.

“I think this is what you want in your life. You have achieved your dream by now but I know you will not be pleased just because you become a doctor. You have another wish in your life and no one knows about it other than me. Though it is a sad thing for me, I have come to realize the things within this year a lot. I never believed that there can be things which we have to give up and let go in the life but I know now everything. So, it’s your freedom and it’s your will. Let’s break the engagement Jan Di. I am ready for it now”

He said looking at her.

“Goo Jun Pyo !!!!!!” she murmured slowly.

“I had hopes on you and I had dreams about us but at some point I realized that every hope and every dream is not meant to be about to come true. There can be some unrealized dreams and I am enough matured to understand the way of life. During past year I understood where we were in our lives. And by now I know I can’t buy someone’s heart with money or attempts. I can’t force someone to be with me and I can’t make someone to love me. I realized everything by now. Therefore, let’s break the engagement and, you fly for your dreams. Sign it and give it to me”

The words of him were really heavy to her heart. She kept stared at him. She felt the tears come to her eyes slowly. She didn’t know for what reason the tears were counting. Whether it is for the joy she had or the sad in her heart…

“Goo Jun Pyo! If you can forgive me, please grant your forgiveness. I know I did wrong to you but I didn’t intend to cheat on you. My heart has already flown from you but I never want to hurt you and I never want to break your name in front of the country. That’s why I stayed silently with you like this though we were not getting along with us……………”

“And though you want to go with Ji Hoo too…..Right?”  Interrupting her words he asked with a smile.

“Jun Pyo!!!” she muttered in a low voice.

“It’s OK Jan Di. I don’t have hard feelings for you. Actually I have regretted and I have depressed feelings for you and Ji Hoo too. I don’t say I am happy with this decision but I am sadder thinking the time I wasted forcing you for the marriage even when I knew about your heart.”

“But, what about your name? The latest scandal and the media will take this as a big matter….what will happen to you then?” she asked frightfully.

“Have you forgotten that I am ‘Goo Jun Pyo’… there is nothing I can do… I will handle everything… don’t worry…” he said simply making her calm. When she kept staring at him, he smiled with her again.

“I need to leave now Jan Di and I will organize a congratulation party for you tonight. All our friends are coming there.” He said again taking the key from his pocket to leave.

“A party?” she surprised a lot.

“Mmmmm… I feel like I couldn’t do anything for you other than just to make you sad and hurt, thinking selfishly. Even I didn’t help you to earn your target.  At least let me to hold this event for you” he said again

“It’s not like that Jun Pyo. I am the one who hurt you and I am the one who made you pathetic and made you to do something like a forceful engagement. I know it and that’s why I got the responsibility and stayed beside you. I am sorry Goo Jun Pyo…” her words were really sad full in his ears. He didn’t want make her sad in a day like this.

“Don’t be sad. Everything will be alright. Like you achieved your dream like this, I let you to achieve your wish which was in your deep heart buried secretly. From the beginning, he loved you and he dedicated for that love though you were with me. I don’t know whether I could do something like that, like Ji Hoo did for you, waiting for you endlessly like this and departing from you hiding everything in his heart…It’s the fate of our lives and sometimes fate cannot be changed just as we want… The waves of your hearts and the tremble in your thoughts have already connected with his feelings and I don’t think I have no longer right to keep you by my side”

He said touching her hair which was on her shoulder. Jan Di didn’t know to reply in any form. She was dumb without being able to catch the words.

“Let me give you the congratulation hug”

He said slowly hugging her in to him. His heart was becoming empty when passing moments. He knew he had to let her go. The wound in his heart was not just healed but with the passed time during previous period he has realized lot of things and accepted the facts as it were.

It’s the truth we must accept to get realized for everything…. Without accepting the truth, a person can never realize the deep of the facts…. When we hurt, we cry…when we cry…we feel the emptiness…When we feel the emptiness…we know the reason… and when we accept the reason…we will realize the truth…. Though the truth is how much bitter and worse, the process of overcoming the situation is always the same with much of hurt and pain but it will let a person to become free and realize the way of the life…

When the students of the college was staring at the hugging couple with full of jealousy Jun Pyo slowly stepped away from her. Yoo Won who was behind the gate secretly, just heard some words of Jun Pyo which made him surprised.

“Are they going to break up?” he felt like a miracle. The deep in his heart, a small hope was blooming hearing the words of the couple.

Jan Di kept looking at the car which was flying away from her. With the relief of her heart, she felt a burden too at the same time without feeling a reason. The paper was in her hand and it was just need her signature. She could see his stylish signature there. She placed envelop in to her bag and slowly stepped out from the college.

But one thing still making her down and worries. It’s that she was not in a position to connect with Yoon Ji Hoo. She knew she is able to get connect with him, getting the help of Eun Ji but she didn’t try to do it so far because she had a bad feeling throughout the period. She felt that he has forgotten her by now. She felt that Ji Hoo has let her gone from him without being in contact though Eun Ji asked her not to think badly about him.

She knew the every time when she was alone, how she felt the hurt in her heart because by now she has known clearly that she has lost the two guys because of her negligence. When the loneliness was killing her without being able to hear his voice and seen his calm face and without being able to feel his warm chest and touch of his hands, she had felt like going crazy but she had held everything in her heart. When time to time she spoke with Ga Eul about her pain, after she got to know about the pregnancy of her friend, Jan Di has not tried to make her upset anymore telling her troubles. As same as she knew that Jun Pyo also was in pain and sad because of her but like she searched Ji Hoo’s warmth when she got hurt from Jun Pyo, this time she has not searched Jun Pyo’s warmth when she missed and felt hurt because of Ji Hoo.

Jan Di sighed and cleared her breath to the open wind. Hopefully tomorrow will be a new day for her…….

 

………………………………

 

Jan Di ran in to the house. When she got close to her home, all the complicated feelings have gone away from her. She wanted to shout to the world that she has become a doctor. Her world was her family… she ran towards them.

“Mom…………..Dad………..Where are you……..??? Come out soon………….!” She shouted removing her shoes in the front of the living room.

“What happened? Why are you shouting?” all three came to their small living room with a curiosity. She stood in front of them with a joy full face and spread her hand towards them with the result sheet.

“What is it Jan Di?” father got the sheet by asking.

“Mom, Dad, Kang Sang, listen carefully what I am going to say. I, Gum Jan Di, is a licensed doctor now. I have got through the final exam” she said calmly at first and then her voice went up with the enthusiasm.

“What? Really? Let me see….” All three got shocked at once with her words. After getting known that their daughter has become a doctor they were over joy.

“Ohhh!!! Jan Di-ahh, you did it. You did it very well…. You are great….Ohh!! Jan Di-ahh” mom ran toward her and hugged tightly.

“Jan Di, my daughter…now I have a doctor in my family…how proud I am to say that you are my daughter….this father, never helped you for anything but you have won the life…it’s great Jan Di-ahh!!! Father also came and hugged both mom and daughter.

“Noona, like you, I also will be a computer engineer so soon…. My Noona is a doctor now…..” Kang sang too hugged the family and four of them were jumping and shouting with the happiness. After long time Jan Di felt the happiness in her heart. After all it’s the family ultimately someone get at last when everyone left them.

 

……………………………………

 

After having the lunch with her parents Jan Di relaxed in her bed. Becoming a doctor was a dream in her life so long back. She dragged her back pack towards her and took envelop to her hand. Again she read the document which has been given by Jun Pyo. She sighed at once while keeping it next to her on the bed.

‘When someone’s absence change someone’s life, then it should be accepted the reality that their presence has a deep meaning in our lives’

Her thoughts were building one by one like that. By now she has achieved her dream and she has got the cancellation of engagement which she waited so long patiently too. But she felt that her life has totally changed with the absence of her sunbea by now. And she felt what kind of a deep meaning she feels for that reality too. She misses him right now a lot….

She took the phone to her hand and stepped to his number again. She wanted to hear his voice in this purple evening badly. She wanted his presence at this moment deeply. She wanted to tell him that she has become a doctor and she has got the consent from Jun Pyo to cancel the engagement as soon as possible but she knew at the same time that she has lost him by now.

She dialed his number with a trembling heart. She knew by experience that the phone may have been switched off or disconnected but without a purpose she just dialed the number while keeping the phone in her ear. She could hear the ringing through the phone lines. Her heart was beating highly. Her other hand went automatically to her own heart. She waited and waited so long and finally she heard the picking sound from the call.

“Hel…lo…” she murmured to the phone slowly. Her heart was filling with lots of wishes right now.

“Hello… May I know who is speaking there please?” but at once what she heard was a feminine voice. The hopes which were building suddenly fall down in her heart.

“This is Yoon Ji Hoo’s phone…Am I right?” she asked from the unknown receiver.

“Yes, but at the moment he is not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter