Episode 37

Boys Over Flowers 02 - My heart can’t rest even for a moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I didn’t know that these kinds of issues are running between you and him and I didn’t know that Je Kyang is working with him also.” Yoon Ji Hoo said surprisingly after he heard everything going on with Jan Di while drinking a hot coffee in the cafeteria in front of the skating ring.

“Didn’t he call you?” she asked back.

“No, he didn’t contact me.” He replied shortly. He has always thought that why didn’t he contact him after he leave the country. Though he said to think about him as a brother, Jun Pyo might not be able to think like that. He sighed.

“I don’t want to think wrongly about Je Kyang Unni but my heart feels different when I get to know that he is with her all the time these days.” Jan Di said with a sad voice. Ji Hoo knew that her feeling of Je Kyang was fair. Once back she was the one who wanted to get Jun Pyo eagerly.

He suddenly remembered the day Jun Pyo kissed Je Kyang at the school corridor and how Ji Hoo hugged Jan Di covering her head not letting to see it further. Even today he couldn’t think and figured out that how Jun Pyo did something like that though the situation was with Je Kyang much not critical at that time. The concept of kissing the lips of other girl for the purpose of mitigating the awkwardness of her following while being in love with another would not be able to understand anyhow. But he didn’t mentioned anything to Jan Di even now, because he didn’t want to confuse things to her further.

“Gum Jan Di, as much as the internal bond of you and Jun Pyo is strong, no one can enter mid of you. How deep the roots of yours have gone then don’t worry about the background happenings at the moment. Make sure only the roots of yours are stronger.” He said looking at her sad full face. She nodded her head. His words felt to her heart like a rain which falls in the mid of a dessert.

“You always guide me towards him though the every trouble comes your way because of me.” She said with a gratitude smile.

“I am just guiding you towards your happiness Jan Di-ahh not towards him because as per my view, your happiness is always within him.” He said in a strange and strong voice.

“How can you know always where is my happiness?” She asked back staring at him.

“I don’t know since when, but I think I can read your eyes and understand your words and your voice all the time. But I can’t read your heart.” He said staring at her eyes seriously.

“Yes, only thing you can’t do is, read my heart. I agree with that.” She said back seriously. Her thoughts were running back to so many incidents in the recent past where she lost in her thoughts over her sunbea unknowingly. If he could read her heart, then he must have known how she felt at those times.

Ji Hoo strangely looked at her. But her eyes were emotionless and staring at the far night sky.

He didn’t want to continue the discussion further. He has brought her to get calm down and again he didn’t want to see her confused and upset.

“Today is a starry night.” He said trying changing the topic.

“Hmmmmm….” She murmured.

“What about our new couple Jan Di-ahh?” He asked smiley.

“Ga Eul told me that they are going for a walk and later they will spend the night at the beach in a tent.” She said while looking at the sky.

“Really…..?” Ji Hoo asked surprisingly.

“What is so surprise?” Jan Di asked back when she heard his surprised voice.

“Nothing….. I just said.” He whispered while looking at the stars as her. His mind was filling with happiness about his friend. He knew what kind of life Ei Jung was spending because of his complicated family matters. ‘Falling in love and making romance with the same girl whom he loves must be a jackpot to him. He deserves it.’ Ji Hoo thought happily. But the deep corner of his heart was getting ached suddenly. ‘I will never be lucky to live like that with the girl I love.’ A sudden thought just ran to his thoughts making him sad again. He slowly stared at her and sighed.

“What is the meaning of staring at me and sighing?” Jan Di asked suddenly looking back at him. He smiled and remained silent.

“Let’s go inside now. It’s getting cold.” He said again.

 

………………………………

 

“Harabeoji, I need to speak something with you.” Ji Hoo said while sitting next to him on the couch in their living room. His face was so much dull and it was full of disappointment at the moment. Grandfather quickly realized the facial expressions of his grandson and understood that he is going to speak about something important.

“What is it? But I couldn’t ask about the trip? How was it? Did you all enjoy?” grandfather asked while folding the newspaper and preparing himself for hearing to his grandson.

“That was good.” Ji Hoo said shortly. The memories of the trip were running towards his mind one by one which were the memories he counted with Gum Jan Di. The moments in the beach, the moments in the boat, the moments in his room and the moments in the skating ring were eventually coming in to his mind. More than all of them the senses he was going through in each and every moment due to her presence and her touch were ghosting in his heart. Unknowingly his own fingers touched his own lips reminding the softness of her lips which made him shiver inside again and again.

“What is it you want to speak about?” grandfather asked curiously when he noticed the strange expressions of Ji Hoo. Yoon Ji Hoo came to his senses with grandfather’s voice. He completely knew that the heavy weight in his heart is the unbearable love for her which has never been care. He felt that his eyes were trying to become moisture.

“Harabeoji! I accept your proposal.” Yoon Ji Hoo bent down towards the floor letting hang his hands towards the ground and said in a low voice while looking down.

“Proposal? Regarding what you are talking about?” grandfather couldn’t realize properly.

“I like to meet the girl you proposed.” Ji Hoo whispered slowly.

“Are you serious?” grandfather asked back shockingly.

Ji Hoo raised his head and looked at his grandfather with his moisture eyes. The curves of his old face were changing quickly showing that he was curious about what he said at once.

“Harabeoji, I want to see that you are happy. I couldn’t make you happy within past 15 years. I am afraid if I continue this way, I will not be able to make you happy. If I cannot be happy at my own at least I should make others happy through my ways. So, I will like to meet her and see.” Ji Hoo said emotionally but his eyes were keeping stare at the floor.

“Ji Hoo-ahh!!! Are you alright?” grandfather asked strangely but Ji Hoo didn’t answer back. He was hiding his eyes from his grandfather and kept staring at the floor.

“Ji Hoo-ahh!!! Raise your head!” grandfather moved towards him and sat next to him. He raised the chin of his grandson and made him looked at him.

“What do you expect to see Harabeoji? Is this what you want to see?” Through the rolling tears over the cheeks of him he asked painfully.

“Ji Hoo! My son! I can’t see you like this again and again.”Grandfather said while wiping his tears from his old fingers.

“That’s why I am telling you to meet the girl you proposed. Harabeoji, I have tried so many ways of getting away from these tears. But still I am like this. Still I am crying and still I am holding the pain. The moments you saw my tears are lesser than the moments you have not seen them. Therefore, let me to try this way also. I am done with this and I can’t go on like this anymore. I tried everything I could to let go her but still…..but still……..” He straightened himself in the couch closing his eyes.

“Son, shall I speak with Jan Di? Does she know that………you…?” Grandfather couldn’t finish the words.

“No, Harabeoji…. Never do that. Never think about it even. I know her answer already. So there is nothing to be discussed with her. It’s my fault of being like this. She has nothing to do with my situation. Therefore help me to move with another. I don’t up to what extent I will be succeeded but I want to move on.” He said painfully.

Grandfather sighed. He didn’t know what to do but he thought to meet the daughter of his friend to him.

“I hope I will not cry anymore because when the tears are over and the last drop of tear left the eyes then there will no more tears to shed and no need to cry anymore. So let them to flow today then I will start tomorrow as a new day.” Ji Hoo whispered and stood up.

“Ji Hoo-ahh !!!” grandfather felt the same hurt in his heart too.

“I am going to sleep. Here it is really paining and it is unbearable.” He covered his heart from his hand. He moved to his room and he knew that this night will be a long night for him.

 

……………………………….

 

“Goo Jun Pyo! Are you busy?” Gum Jan Di asked while going through her medicine books at home.

“Gum Jan Di, I was waiting for your call. Why didn’t you call me?” he asked seriously.

“I called you that day and you were drunkard and not in a mood to speak.” She answered.

“Jan Di-ahh, don’t make me a jerk. I don’t like to shout you and I don’t like to blame

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter