Chapter Eight

Cracks

“Are you okay?” Ryeowook asked his boyfriend, who hadn’t spoken a word for the entirety of their journey to school. Kyuhyun just nodded in response. Ryeowook sighed and gave up trying. “Well we’re here,” he pointed out. Kyuhyun nodded again and entered the school and walked ahead to class on his own as they weren’t in the same class for the first half of the day. “Kyu aren’t you at least going to say goodbye?” Ryeowook called after him. Kyuhyun just continued without looking back. A tall figure stood leaning nonchalantly against the lockers, arms folded, simply observing the situation, and then watching Ryeowook just stand by the entrance in defeat for a few seconds before speaking up.

“I’m catching on to what you wanted to talk about.” Ryeowook turned in surprise.

“Mimi? How long have you been there?”

“The whole time.”

“Oh...okay,” Ryeowook muttered. Zhou Mi wandered over and stood tall over the smaller boy. He reached out and wiped a tear that Wook didn’t even know had fell. Zhou Mi just pulled him in a tight hug, wrapping him in warmthness that Ryeowook longed to feel. Kyuhyun stood at the other end of the corridor, peering round the corner at them, watching them from afar, tears spilling from his own eyes.

“Come on,” Zhou Mi soothed, putting his arm round Ryeowook to him somewhere quieter. At this, Kyuhyun went to class for real this time. Zhou Mi and Ryeowook entered the library and sat on one of the two sofas there.

“It’s my fault isn’t it?” Zhou Mi stated more than asked.

“What? No!”

“Wookie, I know Kyuhyun is jealous of how fast we got close, I can talk to him if you want and tell him I’ll-”

“No!” Ryeowook repeated. “Look, like you said, Kyuhyun can’t stop me from having friends. He’s just having a really hard time at the moment so he’s very sensitive to anything no matter how small it is,” he said sincerely.

“But, I can’t just sit and watch your relationship with him crumble when I could fix it by telling him that I won’t be your friend,” Zhou Mi replied, trying so hard to not let his own feelings get in the way of this situation. Ryeowook was about to open his mouth to speak before Kyuhyun- out of all students in the school- entered the library.

“Sorry, I had to grab a book for class, I forgot to bring my own,” he said bluntly. “Wouldn’t have come in, had I have known I was interrupting something.”

“You weren’t interrupting anything,” Ryeowook replied.

“Look,” Zhou Mi started, standing up to approach Kyuhyun; who backed away as if the taller boy was about to murder him. “I just wanted to say, me and Ryeowook were talking and-”

“Oh I bet you were,” Kyuhyun spat.

“Kyu let him finish,” Ryeowook commented.

“The only thing he needs to finish is hugging you in the middle of the corridors. If you’re going to cheat on me then at least do it in secret like other people do.”

“What?!” Zhou Mi and Ryeowook shouted in unison.

“Kyuhyun, friends hug you know…” Zhou Mi said seriously, “please don’t jump to conclusions, I only met Ryeowook properly yesterday you know.”

“Love at first sight was it?” Kyuhyun remarked as he grabbed the book on the shelf conveniently next to him and walked out of the library snobbishly. Ryeowook put his head in his hands, still sat on the sofa. Zhou Mi rushed over to put an arm around him.

“I’m sure he’ll come around, just give him some time…” Zhou Mi uttered, not fully believing his own words.

“I’m sorry he’s being like this,” Ryeowook apologised.

“Stop apologising on his behalf, I understand,” Zhou Mi replied warmly. Ryeowook left it there, deciding against taking the conversation further.
______________________________________________________________________

“Okay, class is over, off you go!” the teacher announced. Donghae squeezed Eunhyuk’s hand under the table for the last time before they had to let go. Eunhyuk smiled up at him as they stood up simultaneously and collected their books. They journeyed out of the door with the crowd of students. In a weird way, they enjoyed being caught up in the crowds, because they could practically hold hands without anyone seeing. Once out of the door and into the corridors they walked side by side to their lockers.

“I found a new location,” Donghae loud-whispered, putting emphasis on the word ‘location’, highlighting it’s important meaning between the two of them.

“Oh really? Quieter than the library?” Eunhyuk asked, instantly knowing what he meant.

“Yup!” Donghae nodded. “No one will ever catch us, we can be sure of it.”

“No one would ever catch us anyway, we’re too good at this,” Eunhyuk remarked proudly. Donghae sighed.

“We may be good at it, but you never know what could happen, what if we’re in the wrong place at the wrong time and someone walks in?” he admitted truthfully, “we might falter one day.” Eunhyuk sighed also, showing silent agreement with his boyfriend.

“Well, where’s this new place then?” he asked. Donghae smirked.

“How about I show you?”

“Right now?” Eunhyuk almost yelped.

“Yeah, why not? Come on we won’t be long,” Donghae pleaded. Eunhyuk just shrugged, shutting his locker and following his lover. Donghae lead him out of the main school building and to the other side of the campus near the science block. “Honestly I don’t know why we never thought of this.” He lead him round a corner and to a smallish building.

“You genius!” Eunhyuk cheered. Donghae smiled proudly as if he’d just won an award. They stood outside of the old grade 12 and 13 common room that was left unlocked but no one ever used...ever. The new one was bigger and better, and was on the other side of the campus, absolutely no one had a reason to be in there, it just existed. They both looked around to check the coast was clear before slipping in sneakily. Donghae lightly kicked the door behind him, at this point Eunhyuk’s lips had already crashed onto his. The kiss was long and passionately rough. Fiercely tugging at each other’s hair while moving their lips gracefully.

“I love you,” Donghae said breathlessly. Eunhyuk just kissed him more as his reply. “You know,” Donghae cut in, “I really love you, Hyuk, and despite the battle we face every day keeping this a secret, the thought of breaking up with you and living an easier life has never once crossed my mind. You’ll be mine forever right?” Eunhyuk just stared at him for a second before cupping his face with his hands.

“Shut up, you’re so sappy,” he chuckled, returning to the kiss they were previously having.

“Ooh what a treat, there’s sofas would you look at that!” Donghae chirped like a child. Eunhyuk perked at the realisation he was telling the truth.

“There is! They didn’t get rid of them!” he exclaimed, already dragging Donghae over to one of them and pushing him onto it. He climbed on top of him, lips back on his before he had even settled on the sofa. “Oh by the way,” Eunhyuk started, “I love you too.”

Look at these fast updates!xD The next one won't be as fast as the past three but it'll give people a chance to catch up I guess, chapter 9 should be up sometime around the end of the week ^-^