Chapter Ten

Cracks

“Mm, we should, go to class,” Eunhyuk moaned in between breaths. Somehow they had been simply sitting on the sofa in the old common room after their chat with Kyuhyun to Eunhyuk lying on top of Donghae on said sofa and passionately kissing.

“Yeah, if we’re late together we’ll look suspicious,” Donghae admitted. Eunhyuk stood up and reached out a hand to pull Donghae up too.

“Thanks,” he muttered, legs slightly weak after having the best part of Eunhyuk lying on them. The pair left the common room to walk to class.

“You know,” Donghae began. “I’m thinking now maybe we should tell Ryeowook.”

“What made you change your mind?” Eunhyuk asked.

“I guess if Kyuhyun really is breaking up with him, as holders of that information, we should warn him. If he really does break up with Ryeowook, and we didn’t tell Ryeowook this when we knew, Ryeowook would be mad, right? Because he would have known it was coming and could have saved it before it ended,” he said triumphantly.

“I like the way you think,” Eunhyuk remarked.

Zhou Mi stood leaning casually against the locker next to Ryeowook’s, watching the latter shove his belongings forcefully in there, trying to make it all fit.

“You know, if you organise it a little, it’ll do wonders for fitting it all in,” he teased. Ryeowook looked up at him as if to say ‘I’m not stupid you know’. He turned back to his locker and continued to stuff everything in. Zhou Mi just watched and chuckled. Ryeowook neatly slid out a red book from the bottom of the ‘pile’ and slammed his locker shut before anything fell out.

“You know...next time you open that,” Zhou Mi warned. Ryeowook waved his hand.

“I’ll be ready to catch it,” he finished confidently. Zhou Mi raised his eyebrows and nodded his head, deciding against pressing the matter.

“So,” he began as they walked side by side down the hallways, about to speak but disturbed by a familiar pair. “EunHae,” he teased. Eunhyuk raised his eyebrow in annoyance at the couple name. “Sorry,” Zhou Mi apologised, chuckling.

“Kyuhyun came and talked to us just now,” Eunhyuk said slowly, letting out a breath he didn’t know he was holding. Ryeowook looked up at him sharply at this.

“What? What did he say?” he asked, rushing his words. Donghae and Eunhyuk looked at each other.

“Well, we weren’t going to tell you, but we figured we owe you the information,” Donghae admitted. Ryeowook nodded for him to continue. Donghae shuffled awkwardly, waiting for Eunhyuk to continue.

“We think Kyuhyun is going to break up with you,” he said honestly. Ryeowook's eyes widened.

“What?” he questioned.

“Well that’s what he said anyway,” Donghae said.

“He said it?! Are you sure? Did he say directly ‘I’m breaking up with Ryeowook’? Or was it an implication?” he questioned eagerly.

“Well I suppose it was sort of implicated more than said, but he said he’s made up his mind about it. I’m really sorry, Ryeowook, it was me who ranted to him about how he was being a bad boyfriend to you,” Donghae smiled sadly.

“You did what?!” Ryeowook demanded, grabbing Donghae by the shirt collar and pulling him near to his face, Zhou Mi tried to step in but was pushed away by Ryeowook’s free hand.

“I’m sorry! Ryeowook don’t be like this!” Donghae pleaded.

“Do you know how fragile Kyuhyun is? You can’t inform him of his flaws like that so directly!” he yelled. Donghae looked around frantically at the onlookers watching them as they walked past.

“I’m sorry! Someone had to tell him, just please let go of me and talk about this nicely,” he begged like a child.

“No one had to tell him apart from me, and kindly. You have to let that boy down gently in situations like this. I had it under control,” Ryeowook clarified.

“Did you really though…?” Eunhyuk questioned.

“Stay out of this,” Ryeowook snapped at him, before turning back to look at Donghae who he still had by the collar. Zhou Mi, in one quick movement, threw his hands round Ryeowook’s waist and pulled him back off Donghae, making sure he didn’t fall backwards. Eunhyuk was there to support Donghae by the shoulders.

“Mi?!” Ryeowook questioned angrily. Zhou Mi shrugged.

“Sorry, I wouldn’t want you to hurt him,” he admitted. Ryeowook sighed deeply.

“I need to go and find Kyuhyun, before he breaks up with me,” he snarled at Donghae. Ryeowook turned quickly and strode down the hallway, pulling his phone out of his pocket in the process.

‘Kyu, honey where are you?xx’ he texted his lover sweetly, he frantically searched the school, looking through all the door windows.

“Don’t ‘honey’ me,” a voice out of no where startled him.

“Kyu?” Ryeowook asked warily.

“I hope you have a good life with Zhou Mi,” Kyuhyun sneered.

“What? Kyuhyun you’re not thinking straight you’re just angry, we can fix this,” he pleaded.

“Good bye, Ryeowook.”

“Are you breaking up with me?!” Ryeowook demanded.

“That’s exactly what I’m doing.”

Yes it’s short, next chapter is where the fun begins, so I figured I’d just use this chapter as a short leeway into that.