Chapter Twelve

Cracks

Ryeowook walked down the hallways of the school once again, his neutral mood perking up when he spots Zhou Mi at his locker.

“Mimi!” he called, approaching the tall boy, whose height was a massive advantage as his locker was a high up one. Ryeowook was lucky enough to get a lower down one, he imagine if he had a high up one he’d be carrying a step ladder wherever he went.

“Hey how are you? Did you sleep well last night?” Zhou Mi asked wholeheartedly.

“I’m fine, and I definitely did after the ice skating. It was fun. In fact I was going to say about that- thank you, Zhou Mi,” said Ryeowook, as genuinely as humanly possible. “Really, thank you. You have no idea how much I needed that distraction last night. Yes, I’m still upset, it will take me a while to adjust to life without Kyuhyun, but last night I completely forgot about it all and I had a great time, I can’t thank you enough.” Zhou Mi smiled down at him, a sense of accomplishment in his eyes.

“No need to thank me, I’m just glad that last night plans did exactly what I hoped they would. I know you needed the distraction. And I know you’re you’re still upset, but I’m here for you and you’re going to get through this, okay?” he assured.

“Okay,” Ryeowook nodded once.

“And,” Zhou Mi began again “remember you can talk to me anytime you feel upset about it, don’t worry and think that you’re annoying me or something, just come to me and I’ll be here,” he smiled kindly.

“You’re a great person, Mimi,” Ryeowook said, eyes glistening at such a kind human being. Zhou Mi chuckled.

“Come on, I’ll walk you to class, you’re going to be late!” he beckoned.

“What about you?”

“Free period.”

“Ah, okay, thanks,” Ryeowook chirped, joining Zhou Mi’s side as they walked at a reasonable pace. However, his mood lowered fast as he slowed down at the familiar figure walking towards them. Kyuhyun. Ryeowook didn’t know whether he’d rather the heartbreak of Kyuhyun just walking past them without even a glance, or the annoyance of Kyuhyun saying something nasty to either of them. He walked past, glancing slightly at Ryeowook, it was a cold glance, full of hatred.

“Are you okay?” Zhou Mi asked, catching on to what just happened.

“Did you see the way he looked at me?” Ryeowook said gently, a sinking feeling taking over his body. Zhou Mi slung an arm over him and patted his shoulder.

“I did, just forget about it though. Forget about him,” he comforted. Ryeowook nodded silently at him.

“Have a good time in class,” Zhou Mi said as they reached the door Ryeowook was to enter. Ryeowook looked up at Zhou Mi as if he was stupid.

“A good time?” he scoffed.

“Just listen well and don’t think about...him,” Zhou Mi wondered if saying his name would inflict more pain on Ryeowook. The latter smiled halfheartedly.

“I’ll try,” he sighed, entering his classroom, turning to give Zhou Mi a more genuine smile before he was completely in the classroom.

______________________________________________________________________

You talk to him,” Donghae muttered, leaning into his lover.

“Me?” Eunhyuk questioned defensively. The pair stood eyeing up Kyuhyun, daring to make a move.

“Yes you,” Donghae hissed.

“But you’re the one who talked to him before!” Eunhyuk said, hands flailing in annoyance.

“Exactly, so it’s you’re turn,” Donghae insisted. Eunhyuk sighed heavy and long, walking casually to Kyuhyun to not seem suspicious.

“Kyuhyun,” the latter said, grabbing the younger boys attention. Kyuhyun, turned his head slowly, looking coldly at Eunhyuk, who peered behind him at Donghae, looking at him for help. The latter shrugged and gestured for him to talk.

“Kyuhyun,” Eunhyuk repeated.

“What do you want?” Kyuhyun asked coldly.

“I just wanted to talk to you. I think you’re making a mistake-”

“Goodbye,” Kyuhyun interrupted, shutting his locker and walking off.

“No please hear me out!” Eunhyuk called, running after him down the hallway. He walked next to Kyuhyun, who looked straight forwards, ignoring his presence.

“Look, you’re being an idiot, Ryeowook is a great boyfriend to you and he really loves you don’t break up with him please just think about this! Donghae ended up feeling bad about putting the idea in your head and so we warned Ryeowook and he was pretty upset” Eunhyuk rambled desperately. “I mean, could you really do that to him?”

“Yes...and I did,” Kyuhyun replied bluntly.

“What?” Eunhyuk stopped dead in his tracks, watching Kyuhyun walk away. His mouth opened slightly before he ran back to Donghae in the other direction.

“He’s already broken up with him!” Eunhyuk hissed.

“What?! You’re kidding?!” Donghae demanded. Eunhyuk shook his head frantically.

“Ryeowook?” Eunhyuk asked the boy who so conveniently walked past them, exiting the class he just had.

“Wook, I didn’t think Kyuhyun would actually break up with you I’m so sorry I got the idea into his head I-” Donghae rambled.

“It’s okay, I’m sorry I lashed out on you when you were just trying to warn me, the break up wasn’t your fault,” Ryeowook looked down, saddened by the thought of his one and only true love. Donghae observed the smaller boy, taking in his sadness.

“Ryeowook…” he murmured. He suddenly turned around and ran down the hallways after Kyuhyun.

“Cho Kyuhyun!” he called after him.

“You as well? What is it?” Kyuhyun barely had the chance to say before Donghae had him pinned up against the lockers.

“You idiot!” the latter shouted, getting the attention of all the students passing by. “You willingly let go of the best thing you had in your life! Ryeowook never stopped loving you and you just dumped him like a piece of trash!”

“Stay out of it, Donghae. Even in middle school you always had a habit of sticking your nose where it’s not wanted,” Kyuhyun seethed.

“What happened to you?” Donghae asked. “When did you become such a ? I know you’re dealing with some , I know your home life situation I saw how it affected you in middle school when things got bad, but things got better for you when Ryeowook came along and then you break his heart and lose the best thing you ever had!”

“Please just leave me alone,” Kyuhyun stared blankly and emotionlessly. Donghae forcefully grabbed Kyuhyun’s shirt and shoved him away.

“Fine then, but don’t come running back to Ryeowook when you realise that he was the best thing in your life.”

“I won’t,” Kyuhyun confirmed, walking off nonchalantly as if nothing had just happened.

“Thank you, Donghae,” Ryeowook said as he approached him, walking next to Eunhyuk.

“It’s the least I could do, this is partly my fault,” Donghae smiled sadly.

“No, it’s not your fault at all, Kyuhyun’s just having a hard time, maybe he’ll come around and want me back,” Ryeowook smiled genuinely.

“No! Don’t let him...if he comes running back say no. You can’t let him drop you and pick you up as he pleases. You can’t believe what he tells you, if he gets lonely he’ll say anything to get you back don’t let him walk all over you like that!” Donghae defended.

“And I’ll have to give him the benefit of the doubt,” Ryeowook replied.

“Just be careful, okay?” Donghae smiled, patting the smaller boy on the shoulder. The latter nodded and watched as he walked off with Eunhyuk towards the old common room.

“Looks like you need some stress relief,” Eunhyuk teased as the pair approached the building.

“Too right,” Donghae chuckled, pulling Eunhyuk in and kicking the door shut.

“Do we do this too frequently?” the latter asked as they plopped down on the sofa.

“Course not. Couples kiss all the time, it just feels like a bigger thing for us because we have to go off somewhere private. All the straight couples can kiss wherever and whenever, no one questions it. That’s the difference,” Donghae confirmed.

“Mm, I suppose,” Eunhyuk shrugged, leaning in to kiss his boyfriend.

“I love you...so much...you know that,” Donghae whispered between kisses.

“I know...you tell me everytime,” Eunhyuk teased.

“I just wanted...to make sure you knew,” Donghae said breathlessly.

“Shut up and kiss me,” Eunhyuk said, hand running up and down Donghae’s side. A rustling sound came from the door and voices were evident.

“Hey no one uses this common room anymore, they’d never catch us smoking in here,” a voice said as the door opened. The couple looked up startled, causing Eunhyuk to fall of the sofa, Donghae just lay there lost for words. The boys that entered all began to holler at the sight.

“You two!! I never would have guessed!!” one of them remarked loudly.

“Just wait until the rest of the school hears about this!” another snickered.

Oh...well that was a dramatic turn of events;)