Chapter 9

My Broken Prince

It was quiet when his eyes first flittered open and Tao blinked, feeling like he was waking up in a fog and for a few seconds he felt completely alone and terrified in a really dark place with no idea about where he was supposed to be or doing. However there was a gentle shift next to him and a familiar body and smell wrapped closer to him which allowed the young man to let out a contented smile and just roll slightly onto his side to wrap himself happily around his life partner. Immediately any sense of being scared or alone was driven out of his head and he fell back asleep almost instantly.

 

The second time he woke up, it was due to a huge coughing fit that erupted from his lungs and spilled forth something that he presumably tried to eat before but he really couldn’t focus on it because as soon as whatever had been expelled from his system, the panda crashed back onto his pillow and was immediately fast asleep.

 

The final time that he woke up was due to a noise the likes of which Tao had never really heard before but instantly knew what it was. It was a cry of a child, no correction, it was the cry of his child. His baby and it was the cry that said that it wanted his mother. Blinking his eyes, he rubbed at them quietly before shifting upright and wincing slightly at the pain that shot through his lower regions as he had almost forgot that he had gone through some pretty intensive surgery down there but he avoided looking as he spotted the little support crib that was near to his bed. Taking a couple of steps forward, Tao felt tears immediately in his eyes as he stared down at the almost impossibly tiny little child who lay in the special crib, connected to a series of tubes.

 

For a second he panicked, not understanding why his child would be in such a state before a pair of arms quietly wrapped around his torso and a pair of familiar lips landed on his neck, “Shh, it’s okay, she’s okay Tao. She just needs a little extra help at the moment.”

 

“She?” Tao asked softly, turning to lightly embrace Sehun, still not quite believing this whole situation.

 

“Yes,” Sehun whispered back, carefully rubbing his hands up and down the boys back, “Our little Angel. It’s just to make sure that she’s okay, since she’s a little premature. But the doctors say that she’s doing more than fine and is getting stronger. They’ll check her tomorrow morning and we should be able to hold her after that.”

 

Tao gulped, “Why was she early though? I mean…I’ve not…”

 

“Don’t start that Tao,” Sehun said gently, kissing his lovers lips as he placed both hands either side of the others face, thumbs running over the large eye bags that he loved so much, “Angel decided to arrive early that was all. Come here, I’m sure she just wants to know that you’re okay too.”

 

Turning Tao around and grabbing a nearby chair, Sehun helped the Chinese man to sit before taking hold of the hand and directing it to the small round hole that was covered with a strange little plastic thing. It was only now that Tao took the time to notice that his baby had his dark skin tone but the sterner features of Sehun and little pink knitted booties on her feet. However the breath caught in his throat as the most tiny, precious little fingers suddenly latched around his outstretched ones and tears literally welled up in his eyes. For once Tao did not feel ashamed about crying in the slightest as he could never recall a time when he had felt more happier and complete in the entire world. Well he could do if he really thought about it but he put it down to the fact that he already knew that Sehun was magically managing to spoon him from behind as their daughter gently clung onto his finger and he just knew that this was a moment that he would forever cherish in his heart and mind.

 

“I love you Angel,” Tao said with a smile, despite the tears that were leaking out of his eyes, “I love you to pieces. I promise to look after you and care for you, my lovely little girl.”

 

Sehun gently pressed a kiss to the shell of his ear and then ran them down his neck in soft, gentle movements that were sensual and expressive without the need for any words to be spoken. Tao could have spent the rest of his days like that, just letting his feelings overwhelm him and knowing that he had his life partner and daughter sitting there enjoying the moment with him.

 

~*~

 

Two months later, Angel was finally allowed to be discharged as she had gained more than enough weight and was deemed to be healthy enough to go home. Tao was more than ecstatic for the day to finally arrive as he had remained with Angel the whole time, not wanting to lose a single moment with his daughter and he was really looking forward to sleeping in his own bed, with Sehun and having everything that he really wanted within easy reach. Everyone had come to visit him and the new addition to the family and Angel was certainly the star attraction.

 

There had been a tiny little upset between Sooye and Yueliang over the new little girl but no one had been quite able to figure out just what it was all about. Until Ai had turned around and told Sooye off for being rude and acting like she was older than Yueliang when she wasn’t. Kyungsoo had words with his daughter about her attitude and Yixing did the same with Yueliang though it turned out to be nothing too sinister, just a feeling of slight mistrust between the two. Yueliang was more than happy to accept Angel as a little sister, whereas Sooye had been reluctant because she was far pickier about whom she played with but it was sorted for now so no one really complained too much.

 

However the biggest change for Sehun and Tao, other than the sudden addition of Angel to their life, was that they had moved out of their one bedroom apartment and into a little bungalow that was near to Yifan and Yixing’s house. It had been a of luck and good timing that the house had come available on the market and Sehun had immediately gone around to snap it up because there was little chance that they’d get anything better for a long while otherwise. It had three bedrooms and a large bathroom with a combined open plan kitchen, dining and living room as well as a nice garden out of the back which would be perfect for them.

 

Sure it was sad to leave the flat behind but realistically it would not be the sort of place to bring a baby up in. Plus they had plenty of space to make many memories. Tao smiled as they pulled up in the car outside of their new place, he had only really seen it in pictures before and it really was a lovely place with light sandstone coloured walls and a blue door. “It’s perfect Sehun,” he smiled, leaning across to place a kiss onto his lover’s lips, “I can’t wait to see inside.”

 

“I’m sure you’re going to love it,” Sehun said with a bright grin before opening the car door and helping Tao to lift Angel out of the car in her seat. The little baby looked to be almost hidden in amongst the blankets that surrounded her but she smiled brightly up at her parents regardless as they made their way into the house.

 

Almost immediately Sehun noticed that something wasn’t right and as he took a step towards the living room there was a sudden clamour of noise as from literally every possible hiding place someone jumped out, yelling “Surprise!” at the little family. Completely caught off guard, Sehun jumped, tripped on the carpet that he had put down and landed flat on his which set Tao off into streams of laughter as the misfortune of his lover.

 

Suho was rushing straight towards the youngster and fussing, “Sehun! Are you okay?”

 

“Yes, I’m fine,” Sehun managed to just about breathe out, shaking his head before lightly pushing the older way, “Don’t scare me like that.”

 

“Oh don’t tell me that Sehun is a big scardy cat,” Chanyeol grinned goofily towards Sehun, causing the youngster to groan in frustration.

 

Thankfully he was saved from anymore teasing when a new peal of laughter filtered across the room and everyone’s attention immediately settled on Angel who was staring at Chanyeol and actually laughing at him.

 

Baekhyun giggled, “Oh looks like yoda is going to be a hit.”

 

Tao rolled his eyes and sighed, “Oh please, no fighting.”

 

“Too true on the fighting,” Luhan said, grabbing hold of Tao’s arm and giving him a tug, “Come on, we’ve got to introduce the babies to each other before they go bananas too.”

 

Sehun chuckled as he followed Tao into the room, spotting that the decorations were a mixture of new home and new baby ones which was just cute and there were a pile of presents in the corner that really caught his eye. Tao grabbed him before he could go wandering over to them, mouthing later as he tugged the younger man to sit down next to him as Angel was taken out of her little carry cot to be held softly so that the kids could come and see her.

 

However a sudden yelp caused the process to stop and everyone turned to frown at Yixing who had just taken hold of Keunlong from Yifan as the boy was fussing and fidgeting more than ever before. Tao and Sehun exchanged a glance with one another, sharing knowing smiles before Sehun shifted and pointed at his spot, “Yixing, bring him here.”

 

“No, he needs to learn…” Yixing started, trying to settle Keunlong down but the boy just started to cry and Sehun sighed.

 

As fast as lightening, Sehun was over to Yixing after safely putting the carry cot down and had plucked the squirming boy up out of his father’s arms before settling back down on the floor next to Tao and Angel, “There now. You can stop with all of the water works Keunlong, she’s just here and is perfectly fine.”

 

Chen blinked as almost immediately Keunlong calmed down as he caught sight of Angel in Tao’s arms and made something akin to a grabby motion for her, “Huh?”

 

Tao sighed, “Looks like Yixing was right with his prediction about these two. They hate being apart, Keunlong’s just a bit more vocal about it is all.”

 

Kai chuckled, “Oh my…so you mean there is actually going to be a Taoris between the two of them?”

 

“I think he more wants to protect his little sister,” Yifan called from where he was getting some drinks sorted, “but you never know.”

 

Sehun and Tao rolled their eyes and went back to fussing over all of the babies who were fascinated with the way that Angel interacted with Keunlong. Their family was certainly growing more and more and it was sure to be an interesting time when they all started growing up for real.   

 

authors babbling:

oh god, I am so sorry to you all. Life has been hetic and I've been trying to play catch up but that kept on going out of the window. However I hope this mushy chapter makes up for it all and that you can patiently wait for the finaly one too. 

Also I'll start asking now cause I really should so I can get some scribbling done at some point, which couple do you want me to focus on next fo rhte Babies AU? 

Baekyeol 

Suchen 

let me know in the comments okay? and if you have any suggestions please feel free. I've got an idea for Baekyeol but we'll have to see how my imagination decides to work. 

 

Catch you all soon hopefully ^^