Chapter 6

My Broken Prince

authors warning: uttermost cuteness ahead. 

Tao couldn’t help but bite down on his lower lip to stop himself chuckling as he held up his camera to click about a million more photographs of the absolutely stunned expression that Sehun was giving right now. It made the usual stoic ice prince looked unbelievably cute and Tao just couldn’t resist the opportunity to get these photographs and save them to be uploaded as blackmail material later on. Or just shared with the guys to prove the fact that his boyfriend could be absolutely adorable too.

 

Blinking Sehun turned towards Tao, let his cute expression fall for a second before knocking the camera away and throwing his arms tightly around the slightly taller man’s neck, “Oh my god, are you just like the most amazing guy ever or something?”

 

“No, you’ve just been talking about coming here for a really long time and I knew that I couldn’t really resist the opportunity when you agreed to come visit Japan with me,” Tao said, eyes all crinkling up in joy because his boyfriend was happy.

 

Sehun pressed a quick kiss to Tao’s lips as he pulled back, virtually bouncing like a little kid and not the twenty one year old that he actually was, “But but…I never actually thought that…I mean that’s…it’s…”

 

“We haven’t even got inside yet, Hunnie,” Tao said with a giggle, catching hold of the others excited hands and beginning to haul him down the path.

 

“But that’s a great big…” Sehun started.

 

Tao rolled his eyes, “There’s a bigger one inside, come on.”

 

“How do you know that?” Sehun asked, half landing on Tao’s side as he was pulled up the steps and looking at his panda with large eyes.

 

Chuckling, Tao shook his head, “I came here with my parents when I took part in a Wushu tournament when I was younger, so trust me when I say that there is a huge Totoro inside this place.”

 

Sehun’s eyes widened almost comically but before he could let out the slightest bit of a squeal about that fact, his eyes fell on a little interactive window which held some sootballs which had him pointing and cooing. A few curiously odd glances were sent their way but since a majority of people at the Studio Ghibli Museum were actively cooing at everything in sight no one really questioned it. They got recognised of course, it was a bit hard not to when there was a gaggle of teenage school girls who were clearly displaying EXO merchandise but once they had signed a couple of things, taken photographs and actually received some supporting messages for Sehun in the wake of the announcement, they took off to go explore whilst Tao and Sehun waited for the next tour to begin as they had been a little too late to get onto the one that the girls were on.

 

Passing the softly smiling boy a cup of fresh coffee, Tao smiled, “You seem happy.”

 

Sehun nodded as he smiled and took a sip out of the cup, “I guess I forgot that we have some nice fans once in a while.”

 

“Yeah, I do to,” Tao said with a grin, taking hold of his free hand to give it a squeeze, “Everyone is waiting for you to come back and they’ll give you back every last bit of confidence that you lost, baby, that I can promise.”

 

“I know,” Sehun said, squeezing back just as tightly, before raising it to his lips and kissing the back of Tao’s hand, “But you’re always the one who gives me the most confidence. I never want to lose you.”

A blush crept across Tao’s face as he lightly ducked his head, “You won’t. That I promise you.”

 

Almost immediately both of them broke out into little giggles because this whole situation was really cheesy but neither were going to complain. Especially as they got to spend the rest of their little rest time before the tour in the coffee shop, holding onto one another’s hand in just a beautifully quiet settled atmosphere that only slightly changed when Sehun got bored of sitting on his seat and opted to snuggle up onto Tao’s lap for the last fifteen minutes and just enjoy listening to the sound of the others heartbeat. As well as breathing in the unique scent that could only belong to his beloved Tao.

 

They were called brightly by the hostess and Sehun virtually bounded into the line, only being stopped by Tao’s hand because he was really being just a bit too much of a big kid over this whole affair and was almost bullying some of the little cute kids who were staring at him with wide eyes. Sehun pouted a little towards Tao but managed to settle himself down so that they weren’t called ‘creepy wierdos’ by the other visiting guests.

 

They walked through the museum hand in hand, staring at the displays and enjoying all of the funny little animations and other wondrous little bits and pieces that there were to find and explore. The floors seemed to be endless but in a really innocent and childish way with a million and one things to discover around every last corner. Though it would forever become a running joke as to who had to pull who away from the huge cat bus toy climbing frame that was only meant for really little kids. Both maknae’s had tried to come up with an excuse that would allow them to get near the toy but none of them had worked in the slightest so they had merely spent time watching the little kids clamber all over them instead.

 

Wandering up the spiral staircase up to the garden, Sehun’s eyes opened wide as the vast green space in the middle of a huge city seemed to be really something out of a children’s story book and a great inner peace completely and totally filled the younger man. Taking hold of Tao’s hand, he laughed openly before tugging him along hurriedly so that they could explore this wondrous green space without crashing into many people. They found more wondrous statues and hidden little gems that had them both gasping in surprise and not feeling the least bit idiotic as they acted like they were the little kids who were running around like crazy little kids.

 

Eventually they came to a stop on a bench to try and catch their breaths from all of the running around that they had done. Lightly Tao leaned back against the bench, letting his head loll back a little to soak up some warming beams of sunlight before a bright smile crossed his face as he felt Sehun rest his head on his chest and automatically wrapped an arm around his significant other, “How’s my sunshine?”

 

“Can we stay here forever?” Sehun asked softly, idly playing with the buttons on Tao’s shirt, “I’m sure no one will mind.”

 

Tao chuckled, “If it were possible then sure.”

 

“Only possible?” Sehun pouted towards Tao causing the elder to look at him.

 

“Well we do have a real world filled with work and people who care about us you know,” Tao said softly, “I think they’d miss us.”

 

Sehun sighed a little again, “I suppose you’re right. But it’d be nice for a little while.”

 

Tao nodded, “Yeah but there again, maybe it wouldn’t.”

 

“How could it not? We’d get to play with Totoro all day,” Sehun immediately pouted back towards the other.

 

“Sehun have you ever sat through a Ghibli movie?” Tao said, sounding a little exasperated but grinning all the more.

 

About to respond that of course he had, Sehun suddenly clicked to Tao’s meaning. Most of the movies focused on major events occurring to young children and adults who had to learn to fight and cope with the change to their peaceful world to build a bigger and brighter place for themselves. A soft smile crossed his lips as he resettled onto Tao’s chest and returned the hug, “Yeah…and I understand them all a bit more now.” Pausing he gently his lips with his tongue and tried to think about how he wanted to phrase his next question, “Do you think we can get through this, Tao?”

 

Instead of answering, the Chinese male merely placed his fingers under Sehun’s chin and tilted his head up before placing his lips on the others and holding them there for a few long seconds. When Tao pulled back, Sehun quickly chased them back and returned the soft little kiss which quickly turned into a series of just sweet, chasing little kisses that didn’t require anymore words to be spoken for them both to understand one another. Finally they pulled apart, though Tao rested his forehead against Sehun’s in a mutual comfortable silence before they returned to their previous position and watched the children go rushing about chasing the greenery and looking for sootballs or Totoro.

 

After a long while, Sehun shifted upright and stretched, offering his hand to Tao to begin to lead them out of the garden and to the rest of the museum that they hadn’t seen as of yet. They were soon back to having tons of mischievous fun and they made complete fools of themselves at the Totoro photo place but they bought the photos regardless and planned to frame them just to make the others completely jealous of the fact that they had gotten pictures taken with Totoro. After they had visited the gift shop, the pair headed out once again hand in hand but both agreeing that they did indeed feel completely light headed and wonderful.

 

“Oh here, I got this for you,” Sehun said, digging into one of the numerous bags and pulling forth a leather bound book to hand to Tao.

 

“But you already bought me like half of the store,” Tao said, sounding a mixture of shocked and honoured and also a little bit on the dismayed side for not getting something else for Sehun.

 

Sehun rolled his eyes, “You bought the whole store for me so this is to make up for it.”

 

Tao blinked and looked down at the book, realising that it was a journal come photograph album that was laid out like a Ghibli movie story with drawings of the characters and pretty detailing. The title on the front read ‘Your Story’ with a space underneath to presumably write a name. Looking up at Sehun, Tao was confused for a few seconds before finding an even brighter smile crossing his face as he engulfed his partner in a tight hug and tried to stop the tears falling from his eyes.

 

Today had really been a turning point for them both it seemed and that was all that mattered.

 

Authors babbling: 

Yeah so that was so teeth rotting sweet that I don't know quite where it came from myself but I'm happy with it. Also I've never actually been to the Ghibli musuem before and since there is a distinct lack of what is there I've had to be quite vauge (except for a few pictures and one promotion youtube video) but god if I ever go to Japan it is on my places to visit. 

And I am so sorry for how long it's taken me to update this, between work, social life, going to Paris to see Boyfriend (who are so cute and funny) I've barely had a chance to think let alone update so I hope this sugar filled nonsense makes up for that really long delay. 

Hope you enjoy and see you soon