Chapter 8

My Broken Prince

Sehun was pacing back and forth anxiously in the waiting room, trying to process everything that he had learned in the last hour and a half. Coming to a stop he shook his head, rubbing at his eyes as if to try and dispel that images in front of him for now before letting out a long sigh, “How? How is this even happening?”

 

Xiumin sighed as he stepped closer, placing a hand on the youngsters shoulder, “Tao must have been a carrier.”

 

“That’s impossible!” Sehun nearly shouted, shaking his head, “If he was then he never showed any...” the maknae stopped his words, realising that yeah actually now that he thought about it, Tao sure could act like a carrier at times with how cute, silly and infectiously funny he could be but those piercing eyes and strong build defied that side of him as well. There again, Sehun wouldn’t have called Yifan out for being a carrier either.

 

Luhan and Kyungsoo were obvious candidates but the dragon and the wushu panda certainly weren’t.

 

“Tao wasn’t a carrier or a giver,” a new voice joined the conversation, causing both the knowing father and the suddenly finding himself with the title one to turn, “He’s a switch. Probably like you are Sehun.”

 

Blinking at Yifan, Sehun looked lost for a second or two before launching a hug towards the still just slightly taller man and clinging on tight, “But what do I do? We’re not prepared for any of this, what if it’s something else and this is just the symptoms and if it is really happening why didn’t he show anything until now...” the words came to a stop as his eyes fell on the baby who was being carried carefully in a papos by Yifan.

 

For a second the panic disappeared as Sehun reached across to prod the baby in the nose with his finger, “Aww, is this Keunlong?”

 

Yifan nodded, “Yeah, he was squirming so much in his crib when I got the call that I had to bring him along. Xing’s taking the kids to Mom’s and I think that’s where Sooye and Ai were headed too. This little one is just too small to be left at the moment.”

 

“I would think so,” Xiumin said with a shake of his head, moving up to gently run his hand over the top of the baby’s head like he had done with Ai on the insistence of Luhan so that he’d have a normal shaped head, “He was only born a week ago.”

 

Yifan smiled, “Yeah, didn’t think that he’d have a little brother or sister so close in age to him.”

 

That immediately caused a groan to leave Sehun’s lips as he resumed his pacing, “This still doesn’t make any sense! I mean yes we’ve been trying again but it’s only been the last month that we have and it was mainly for me to get pregnant. Tao’s never...I mean...yes we swap and stuff but...not for months have we seriously...I mean it’s just...”

 

“Wait, didn’t he take you to Japan a few months ago?” Xiumin supplied, blinking and wishing that there was someone else here to help calm Sehun down, “Cause he’s early right so...” counting down the months of his fingers, the bazoi boy did the calculations and nodded, “Yeah, it would be around this time that you were in Japan.”

 

Opening his mouth to counter argue, Sehun suddenly found himself closing it as his memories filtered back to that week in Japan and everything that they had done. He flushed bright red and sat down with a bump on the nearest available sofa, “Oh my god.”

 

Yifan chuckled, “I know that expression all too well.”

 

Xiumin sighed, “You weren’t there when we all suddenly realised that we could possibly be the father of your children.”

 

“I may have not but you all still wore it the first time that we met up,” Yifan chuckled, shifting Keunlong in his arms as the baby started to squirm once again, “and just what is the matter with you, my little wormy? You’ve been squirming around all day long.”

 

The door to the waiting room opened and the rest of the group tumbled in, quite literally as there was a fight to get through the door. Yixing couldn’t help bursting into giggles as he crossed over the pile of groaning bodies to quickly embrace his husband and give his youngest son a gentle kiss on the forehead, “How’s our little dragon doing?”

 

“Fine, just wriggling around a whole lot,” Yifan said, shifting the baby higher and pushing Yixing towards Sehun, “Go see to Mister new daddy over there.”

 

“So it’s confirmed?” Baekhyun said, helping Suho up off the floor, “Tao’s pregnant?”

 

“Tao’s having the baby now,” Sehun said, shaking his head slowly as the shock finally began to actually hit him, “Oh god! He’s having the baby now and we’ve got absolutely nothing ready in the slightest and I don’t even know...”

 

“Whoa, slow down,” Kyungsoo said, stepping up and placing his hands gently onto Sehun’s shoulders, glad for the fact that the youngster was sitting on a chair as it made it so much easier, “Just breath. This isn’t exactly anything new for us you know and we’ve probably got more than enough stored away to get you and Tao all set up.”

 

“Plus I already spoke to Siwon who saw the whole thing and everything is being done to make sure that things go smoothly,” Suho said, still proving that he was the Guardian of Exo despite whatever situation was thrown his way, “Tao is going to be fine, you’re going to be fine and by the end of today all of this stress, fear and worry is going to be replaced with the type of joy that only a few of us have experienced on a personal level so just relax for a second, okay Sehun?”

 

For far longer than a second, Sehun remained standing stock still, clearly processing Suho’s words before he leapt forward to wrap his arms around the shorter man’s neck and bawling for all of his worth. He knew and understood the words that were being said to him but it was still a strange situation to find himself in and the maknae was far from done with panicking. However with everyone now virtually present it somehow managed to just make things a little more bearable for now.

 

Until a knock came at the door and a nurse popped her head around it, “Mr. Oh?”

 

“That’s me,” Sehun said standing up from the hugs that had been given to him.

 

The nurse smiled, “Your partner is requesting for some assistance and it seems that only you will do. Please follow me.”

 

Yifan shook his head, grinning brightly, “Needy panda.”

 

“Says the dragon who still sleeps with plushi’s,” Yixing cut in but the rest of the teasing argument was lost to Sehun’s ears as he made his way down the corridor and to the specialist room where Tao was. The nurse was babbling away to him, trying to tell him what was going on but his ears were closed down to her as he was far more concerned with what he could be called for assistance for.

 

The room was a pretty simple affair, with a bed and a series of machines that looked big and scary and Tao had been set at the most uncomfortable looking position and Sehun felt his heart break. His panda was covered in sweat, looked sicker than he had ever done before in his life and his large eyes were on the verge of drooping shut but they brightened when he spotted Sehun and held out his hand. Moving quickly, Sehun caught hold of it and pressed a kiss to the sore knuckles, “I’m here, what did you want help with?”

 

He had managed to pick up the fact that Tao was due to go down for surgery soon and hopefully everything was going to go well, they were just waiting for one of the rooms to be free.

 

Tao wet his lips and managed to breath out, “Names…”

 

Sehun felt tears in his eyes and smiled as he leaned forward, pressing a kiss to his lover’s lips. “If it’s a boy, we call him Ziwang and if it’s a girl…” for a second he floundered completely on the name, having nothing coming to his mind easily in the slightest.

 

However Tao looked up, still panting heavily, “How about Angel? Cause she will be.”

 

Nodding, Sehun pressed a few more desperate kisses to Tao’s lips, “Yes, our Angel, our miracle. Oh Tao, if I had known I would have spoilt you rotten this whole time.”

 

“You already did,” Tao said, smiling despite the fact that there were tears trickling out of his eyes, “You do it every day.”

 

Feeling his heart beating rapidly, Sehun smiled and rested his forehead against Tao’s, “You’re the one who spoils me, I thank the heavens that we are together like this every hour of every day. My beautiful Prince.”

 

Tao chuckled a little, “That’s my line.” Their lips managed to reconnect once again before another contraction raged through Tao’s body, breaking through their little happy bubble to bring them back to the situation at hand. Sehun stayed as long as he could, tightly holding onto Tao’s hand and providing as much comfort and support as he could until the doctors came to take Tao down. Still Sehun remained as close as he could until he had to be physically stopped from going any further.

 

“I love you!” he yelled loudly over the frantic beating of his heart, “I love you Huang Zitao, please come back to me.”

 

“I will do,” Tao promised, though his call was not as strong for obvious reasons, “I love you too.”

 

The doors closed at that point and Sehun would have broken down into more tears if he hadn’t started almost feverishly praying for his lover’s safe return. He was led almost blindly back to the waiting room where the rest of Exo were waiting desperately for news or else cooing over their newest arrival. Sehun managed to break himself out of his panic long enough to actually get a hold of Keunlong and frown a little when he noticed that he settled down just a fraction from all of the squirming that he had done.

 

Yixing smiled, “Hmm. I wonder if Keunlong and Taohun’s child are going to end up in a Taoris style relationship?”

 

It was Chanyeol who managed to sneak an arm around and smack their unicorn on the back of the head, “Will you seriously please stop it with the shipping names? It’s freaky.”

 

Sehun let the rest of them boil off steam with the pointless argument, just staring at the bay in his arms and wondering what it would be like to hold his own child in the next few hours. 

 

authors babbling:

yup life got crazy again but hopefully this smush will make up for it

also virtual cookies for anyone who guesses just what Tao is going to have in terms of a baby