Chapter 10

My Broken Prince

The sun was shining brightly in the garden as Tao watched Angel crawling about happily in her little pink and white hand-me-down dress as she chased off after Keunlong who had indeed become her favoured playmate over the past few months. They both played with the others kids when they came over but they just seemed to be far more happier in one another’s company and it was extremely cute. Especially since Keunlong had clearly inherited his mother’s height and looked to be far bigger than Angel already. Sehun proclaimed to anyone who would listen that their daughter was going to one day end up taller than the boy but everyone just generally petted his head and told him to stop being a brat.

 

Tao found this extremely funny and took the opportunity to call Sehun by the name whenever the opportunity arose.

 

Speaking of Sehun, just as he thought about him said man turned up in Tao’s line of vision with some fresh glasses of ice cold orange juice and handed one to the panda boy, “Are they still playing chase?”

 

“Yup,” Tao confirmed after taking a sip, “Appears they’ve got lots of energy today.”

 

Sehun shook his head, “I honestly have no idea where they get it from.”

 

“They’re two dragons, do you really think they’re not going to have enough energy?” Tao said grinning towards Sehun because everyone had started calling Angel another mini dragon as she just seemed to be the exact same as Keunlong. It had been Chen who had started that one off two and even Yifan had found it beyond bazar when it first came up but it had been accepted now and would probably always remain.

 

“I know that but…why did we get stuck babysitting again?” Sehun asked, a playful pout on his lips even though Tao knew fine well that the boy next to him loved looking after all of the kids and if he had half of the opportunity he would have a house full of them all of the time.

 

Tao shook his head, letting out a playful sigh, “You know why. Stop pouting about it.”

 

“How many times do I have to tell Suho-umma that he’s over reacting?” Sehun said with a roll of his eyes, “I mean it’s not like I’m about to drop it any time soon.”

 

Gently letting out a sigh, Tao turned to give his lover a hard look and almost smirked at the blush that immediately crossed Sehun’s face. He didn’t even need to say the words to tell Sehun that he was being a brat right now and in some respects that was a good thing. In another it really wasn’t, especially since it was more than likely that he was going to have several long months of this.

 

Not that he was complaining of course, just the small little nagging at the back of his head already had everyone on double watchful duties when it came to the youngest. Making sure that he was rested enough, eating properly, not straining himself too much, doing only as much work as could be managed, having next to no stress, playing with Angel as much as possible and a million and one other fusses because they did not want a repeat of what had happened before.

 

Tao certainly never wanted to see his prince that broken ever again and he couldn’t deny that whilst he was a very proud and happy father, Sehun was positively glowing with a natural radiance now that they had confirmed that he was pregnant as well.

 

Chanyeol had joked that it was a good thing that they had gotten a three bedroom house when the news was broken to the group, because that would have entailed another move and that would have been extremely complicated.

 

“I know you’re not, we’ve got a few more months yet,” Tao said with a gin, “But we’re all allowed to worry over you, so get used to it.”

 

Sehun tried to give him ice prince pout but it broke pretty quickly as there was really nothing that he could do to argue against that point in the slightest. Turning his head to the side when he heard a gleeful yell, he let out a smile at spotting the fact that Angel had finally been able to catch hold of Keunlong and had resolutely grabbed onto his leg preventing the much bigger boy from being able to move. Not that said boy looked even the least bit bothered about it, turning to pet Angel happily and babble something in her general direction that sounded very much like fluent Minion to Sehun. He chuckled, “Looks like Angel caught him.”

 

“More like Keunlong let her so that he could pet her,” Tao said with an equal grin before shaking his head, “I think that dratted unicorn was right about the whole Taoris thing with them two.”

 

“Please I am not having the unicorn and plushi loving dragon as in-laws,” Sehun said, shaking his head, “That would be creepy and annoying.”

 

Tao frowned, “Only cause Yifan can totally beat you at board games.”

 

“Yah, he cannot!” Sehun argued playfully brat.

 

“He can,” Tao said, a cheeky grin plastering across his face.

 

“Cannot!” Sehun replied back.

 

“Yah!” Angel’s voice streamed across the garden, before a string of more Minion chatter came out of her as if she was telling them off for arguing.

 

Tao sighed, “Are we certain that she’s not related to Umma-Suho?”

 

“Positive,” Sehun pouted with a laugh, “Though I think she’s spending just a little too much time with him.”

 

“Agreed,” Tao said, moving across to pick Angel up into his arms and managing to gather Keunlong too who had just appeared to be about a second away from pouting, “Though I think these two are well overdue their nap times.”

 

Sehun nodded and plucked Angel out of Tao’s arms so that the little baby could lightly pat at his just about showing baby bump, “Certainly so. Yes Angel, that’s your new baby brother or sister. Do you want a touch Keung?”

 

The baby gave him a look which was so reminiscent of Yixing that Sehun rolled his eyes and petted the boy just to make him smile goofily before they headed into the bedrooms to set the pair down for their afternoon naps after making sure that they were changed and fully clean. Pausing before he left the room, Sehun smiled softly and let out a little sigh as he stared at the two babies, “Hey Tao?”

 

“Hmm?” Tao asked as he finished putting away the baby clothes before joining Sehun.

 

“Do you think that these two will accept the new baby?” Sehun asked gently.

 

Letting out a soft sigh, Tao pressed a kiss to Sehun’s lips and smiled softly, “I’m sure they’ll both love, treasure and protect the newest addition to the family, Sehun.”

 

Smiling brightly, Sehun wrapped his arms tightly around Tao and just let himself become lost in the beautiful warmth and feeling of protection that came from the other. He never wanted to lose this feeling, never wanted to end up in that dark place ever again and he was more than sure that this time nothing would go wrong because he had the most resilient and strong prince holding onto him every last step of the way.

 

The End

 

Authors babbling:

ugh sorry for the wait but life has changed a little so things have been a bit complicated but yes, this is the ending of the story and I had to give something to Sehunnie for him to cheer up since he's been a bit down int he dumps throughout most of this. 

and just a forewarning, I'm going to take a small haitus from writing Exo fanfictions - casue I've been doing them none stop for about a year or something and I need to just give myself a little to recharge. Don't worry, there will be new stuff just not for Exo at the moment. 

Anyways I hope that you had fun with this and that you'll follow me on future works

Love you all

Chia