Chapter 4

My Broken Prince

Sehun couldn’t help but smile sweetly as Tao quite literally cooed over some cute and fluffy little mascot toys in the window of a crane game. Unfortunately both him and Tao were useless at Crane Games so there was next to no chance that they would even get remotely close to getting the toy out of the machine. Though Sehun felt the sudden urge to completely indulge his boyfriend because this whole entire day had been the sweetest, fluffiest and most crazy date that they had ever had and he was remembering exactly why he was completely head over heels in love with the silly panda boy.

 

The day had started very early because Tao was determined to just have a normal day with Sehun and not get bothered by anyone in the slightest. So the early start had been for a bath complete with a blindfold so that a temporary hair dye could be placed into Sehun’s hair which had turned his hair into a nice dark strawberry blond and then Tao had helped him to put green contacts in to hide his eyes. All traces of any stage makeup was carefully removed and a very light fake tan was applied to his whole body that went a little bit darker than intended but it at least masked his overall appearance.

 

The Tao had styled him in something that resembled a nineteen eighties teenage flick movie that featured denim and graphic t-shirts the likes of which he would have never worn in a million years but would be just fine for one day. He had smiled at his reflection because if he had honestly not known that he was looking at himself then he wouldn’t have recognised himself either and he very much doubted that his own mother would be able to either.

 

Tao’s transformation had been just as extravagant with his hair being dyed a dark purple colour and the tan making his already naturally darker and oh so delicious skin colour become several shades darker. He had stuck with the eighties style of clothing and added a pair of black spectacles to draw attention away from his double eyelids. Sehun didn’t point out the fact that they made the ever resistible eye bags actually stand out more but he was happy to indulge his boyfriend. Especially since the whole crazy styling business meant that they weren’t actually bothered in the slightest the entire day. Well so far they hadn’t been which was great.

 

They had then headed out and joined the general throng of people going to work and school, as well as the tourists who were staring around at everything in curious wonder that ranged from adorable to just plain weird and Sehun was more than glad that they were not recognised in the slightest. They had boarded the train for Lotte World and walked instead of trying to get parked as it meant that they could literally do whatever they wanted with the entire day.

 

Once they were inside, Tao had treated him to a character themed breakfast which had been cute and fun and Sehun had the most adorkable shots of Tao hugging up to the mascot characters saved on his phone where one would undoubtedly become his wallpaper for when things felt tough. He had tried to swipe Tao’s phone a million times to get rid of the evidence of the ones that had been taken of himself naturally but the wushu master was always just far too quick and would give him that special grin which would make Sehun pout because he had nothing to counter that in the slightest.

 

The rest of the morning had been spent queuing for rides, riding on the rides, Sehun in complete hysterics when Tao actually freaked out on some little mini ghost train that was meant for kids because of the world’s most fake ghost ever before having his own shame doubled when Sehun somehow managed to get trapped behind one of the trick doors in a maze of mirrors and Tao literally had to go and get someone in order to help get the maknae out before he had a panic attack or something.

 

Sehun had huffily announced that he wasn’t going to be talking to Tao for the rest of the day because he wouldn’t stop laughing at the panic that had been expelled from the youngsters but in reality it had lasted all of five minutes because it was impossible to not laugh at the fact that he had gotten stuck behind a trick door and all he had to do was push it in order to get out. Plus Tao kept on making funny faces at him and doing the worst thing of all which was to tickle him in random places that resulted in him breaking down into fits of laughter.

 

Sometimes he wished that Tao didn’t know all of his little tricks but it only confirmed that they were meant to be. It made Sehun feel even worse for running away from the other, when he knew that the panda would always be there for him regardless of whatever happened.

 

With a smile, the pair had settled down for Lunch and Sehun insisted on paying because Tao had covered the cost of breakfast and a couple of other bits that they had gotten throughout the morning. They had devoured a small mountain of food between the two of them and giggled over the array of text messages which they had gotten from the other family members who were complaining about not being invited to Lotte World with them after a couple of photos had been uploaded to their own personal accounts that very few people in the world had access too.

 

Tao had smiled, “We should totally have a big family outing here sometime soon.”

 

Sehun nodded, “Though make sure that Tai is tied down, he’ll go hyperactive here.”

 

“Any kid is allowed to go hyperactive here,” Tao said, “Even you.”

 

“I’m not a kid!” Sehun had pouted cutely but after a shared kiss hidden by a couple menus had put an end to that little argument. Though naturally Tao sweetened the deal with quite frankly the biggest ice cream sundae that neither one of them could explain how on earth they finished together but they did.

 

Tao had planned to go straight to the Magic Island with Sehun after but the younger had insisted on taking a few very long minutes in order to let their big meal settle down before they tried anymore rides. To appease the pouting young man, Sehun had agreed to go to the arcade where there were lots of fun games to keep them until they were ready to move on.

 

Hence why Tao was cooing at the toys and Sehun suddenly got hit by one of his bright ideas. “Which one?” he asked suddenly, clearly startling his boyfriend.

 

“Huh?” Tao asked, looking confused.

 

“Which one?” Sehun repeated with a smile.

 

Tao looked back towards the toys and up towards Sehun several times, looking every bit as sweet and innocent as the day that Sehun had really fallen for him before pointing to one of the toys in the middle of the crane game, “That one.”

 

“With the white angel wings?” Sehun asked and grinned at the confirmation nod before stepping around to the controls of the machine and inserting the required amount of coins before Tao could even manage to splutter out a series of panicked words. The first attempt did not go to plan in the slightest as Tao had caught him just as the wrong moment and knocked his aim off but Sehun didn’t mind. Instead he just shushed his boyfriend by flicking him on the tip of his nose and concentrated on getting the toy.

 

Tao lightly shook his head, moving off to distract himself because he knew all too well that the crane machines were completely rigged and the chances of winning on them were next to impossible. It hadn’t stopped him from whining at all of his Gege’s and Hyungs to let him have a go of course or to try and win something for him, Sehun and Kai whenever they were around a theme park or something similar but he had learnt his lesson.

 

Instead he amused himself with a boat game, giggling along with a couple of kids who were trying to outrace one another and basically going around in circles. The two boys were friends he quickly learnt and they liked to play football and with their own sailing boats in the local duck pond near to their house. Tao was just happy to let them play about with his boat, teasing them into wildly spinning around and yelling when they pushed him into the scenery. Pretty soon their go was over and the pair went running off after their mothers called them, with friendly waves and a half yelled promise that they would all play boats on the same duck pond soon.

 

Tao shook his head as he watched them retreat away, “Cute kids.”

 

Arms wrapped his torso and a pair of lips were pressed to his neck, causing a smile to break onto the Chinese man’s face, “You were even cuter playing around with them.”

 

“I was not, I probably looked like an idiot,” Tao said, turning around with the intention of hugging Sehun only to find something being shoved playfully in his face to knock him back a step or two. “Wah! Sehun, I can’t see!” Tao complained, grabbing the thing which had been pushed into his face so that he could see and then finding himself coming to a complete stop. In his hands was the toy bear that he had wanted, complete with golden brown fur and white smock style dress and little angel wings. He blinked repeatedly and looked up at Sehun, “You won this for me?”

 

“Who else am I going to win it for?” Sehun asked, smiling brightly towards Tao, “You deserve it and more for everything that you’ve...hey! Yah, stop crying, what’s the matter?”

 

Hurrying forward, Sehun wrapped Tao in his arms and pulled him close, completely confused as to why Tao would be crying right now. Though a few seconds later, a tiny voice whispered, albeit hiccupped and slightly awash with tears, answered his question, “Sehunnie, she’s so...so beautiful.”

 

Blinking Sehun realised that it wasn’t just the fact that he had spent a little bit of money in trying to get him a bear, Tao still had not grieved for the loss of their child properly and whilst he was working so hard to make life easier on Sehun he had neglected everything that he felt with the situation. Granted he had had moments and said that he was dealing with it but clearly he wasn’t and that meant trouble. Tao was good at playing that everything was okay and that there was nothing for anyone to be worried about because he never wanted to let anyone down.

 

“Oh Taotao,” Sehun said, pressing a kiss to the top of his panda’s head, “I’m so sorry, I should have.”

 

“No,” Tao said, shaking his head and trying desperately to wipe at his eyes, “I’m supposed to be making you happy right now.”

 

Wanting to let out a frustrated huff, Sehun stopped himself and instead placed a kiss onto his boyfriend’s lips, “No, we’re going to make each other happy. This isn’t about just one of us getting over this terrible thing, it’s about us. We’re in this together Tao and I’m sorry for leaving you on your own so much.”

 

Tao shook his head and just continued to weep, not really caring that they were making a scene in the slightest. In a bid to get them both calmed down, Sehun lead Tao to the hot air balloon ride as it was nice and quiet in terms of the queue and it allowed them to snuggle together in a shared happy bliss where no one could tell them off.

 

Half way through the ride, Tao turned to Sehun and lightly pressed his lips to the others in a shy kiss, the tough outer shell melting away to reveal the cute and squidgy boy underneath, “I love you Sehun.”

 

“I love you Zitao,” Sehun said, returning the kisses and enjoying the rest of the ride before they got off, hand in hand and went to enjoy the rest of their day in Lotte World. By the end Sehun had three new teddy bears to his name and Tao was carrying/snuggling a huge massive white teddy bear that was virtually the same size as him.

 

Sehun smiled as they headed back to the hotel, “I’m really looking forward to going to Japan tomorrow.”

 

“Me to,” Tao said with a grin, before chuckling, “Though I’m not looking forward to the state of the room tomorrow morning. We’re going to have to tip the cleaners very well.”

 

Sehun nodded, knowing that getting the fake tan and hair dye off of their bodies was going to cause a mess but it could be a lot worse. For now he was just going to enjoy his time with his beloved panda because it really had been far too long since they had last been just able to enjoy one another’s company and express their feelings of love to one another. Yes Sehun was looking forward to the mini break in Japan because he was going to spoil his beautiful broken prince and make them both completely happy once again. 

 

Authors babbling:

Geeze maries, I'm soo sorry at how long it's taken me to update guys and gals, I've been hectic busy and trying to fit things in around everything has been a nightmare. Hopefully I'm going to be back to a more normalish routine soon but since I'm going to be busy most weekends this month it may not be ideal. But don't think I've abandoned this story or any others in the slightest, Chia Unnie/Noona/Jiejie is just a bit of a busy adult at the moment. 

Also don't be afraid of me doing anything bad to Tao either, as many of you know I fully support Kris and Luhan in their actions and I really hope that if Tao has left the group that he's back home, getting spoilt rotten by everyone including his two Gege's and that he's getting plenty of rest, medical care and is on the road to recovery. SM should have never allowed him to get into that state in the slightest. I am also still a fan of EXO too though I wish SM would stop being little gits with the members. 

Anyway, away from that nonsense for now, I hope this really fluffy and silly chapter makes up for the wait. I was grinning so much when writing it cause fluff abounds everywhere here and it should continue in this vein. Also I have never been to Lotte World if that wasn't obvious and I had to do some internet research to get a general idea. So all in all I hope it matches up to your expectations and now I'm off to bed.