Another Challenge

Decisions

    Key brought his arm around back to wrap it around Jonghyun's neck. He was about to turn in Jonghyun's arms when someone called out heatedly, "Key!"

Both snapped apart. "Taemin!" Jonghyun bit out, "You startled me".

"With reason", Taemin spoke, advancing toward them, "Anyone could see you both and you forget what he did to you"

"He didn't betray me Taemin".

"So he claims"

"And I still believe him"

Key finally spoke, "I am going to leave you two to finish this"

"No, Key, don't go please",  Jonghyun entreated while grabbing his wrist. Even Taemin was surprised. Jonghyun rarely begged. But Key pushed his hand away and started to go when Taemin had to throw, "Yeah, of course. Leave us in the chaos as usual".

Key stopped as if to do something, took a very deep breath and kept walking, letting these two behind him. Immediately he was out of sight, Taemin cried out, "I thought you were over all this"

"It's only because we are friends of long date, Taemin, and you are damn good at what you do", Jonghyun snapped, "or I'd smash your face in for interrupting us!".

But Taemin would not let this go. "Us?! Us? What is this? He didn't even stick around when you had to deal with the repercussions. Rumours are still barely dieing out at work".

"He didn't know all this Taemin"

"He didn't want to know", Taemin bit and Jonghyun turned away from Taemin so Taemin softened his voice. "I can't understand what this tie is between you both but I advise you to sever it. He is Minho's now and Minho is a very good friend to you. Key nearly destroyed you professionally. Don't allow him to also destroy this friendship you treasure so much".

                      Key found Minho in conversation with some big wigs. He stood discreetly in a corner not to disturb. Finally Minho joined him, "Ready to leave?" Key nodded, slipping his hand into Minho's strong, warm ones.  He was eager for them to return home and they did.

They were in bed and Key was languid from all Minho had done to him. "Open your legs", Minho whispered. Key did and Minho started sliding in when Key hunched. "No, no ,no", Key was muttering unitl it grew louder and he was pushing Minho's chest above him.

"Shh", Minho whispered and caressed him gently to calm him down, "I want you so much Key", Minho said panting from the exertion of holding back. But Key really could not. "I can't Minho, I am sorry, I can't".

Minho slipped the head out of Key and fell on his back beside Key, an arm covering his eyes, his teeth clenched. Key lay beside him quietly before saying hesitantly, "Minho".

Minho flung his arm away and got up all at once, grabbed a robe and walked out. Key still lay in bed. He could hear the banging in Minho's office and knew he could not hide for ever. He too got up, but more slowly, got his own robe on and went after Minho. He found Minho sitting at his desk working.

"Minho", Key said cajolingly, but Minho ignored him so Key walked toward him and tried again. Still nothing and finally, he swiveled Minho's chair around until they faced each other. He knelt before Minho between the long legs he opened. When he placed his hands on Minho's chest to run them down, Minho flung his hands away, pulled his chair back and snapped, "No!". Key looked up confused, "Why? I want to do this for you".

Minho looked at Key a moment before he spoke, "Key, do you know why I want to be in you so much?" Key shook his head and Minho continued, "It's just not . You are holding back form me and I want all of you Key". Minho brought his face closer to Key's to repeat, "All of you and my will not do it".

Key looked away as he explained, "Minho, I really wanted to let you. I don't know why I couldn't".

"Did something happen tonight?" Minho asked

"No", Key lied without hesitation.

"Key, I am falling in love with you", Minho said earnestly, grabbing Key's hands in his and all Key did was nod. He knew he had to get it together.

              Key called Onew to talk. Onew knew how to ask the right questions to draw Key out and Key unburdened himself on him. Key told Onew everything as he often did. Jonghyun, the meeting and what happened on the terrace, Minho, Taemin, everything. Even his inability to let Minho in. At least, here, he managed to convey the problem without going into details. "What you need is a day away from all this", Onew declared. "Ever sisnce you moved in with Minho, your life has narrowed, I think".

Key was unsure at first but Onew finally convinced  him. Both went to a popular club. It was a lot of fun unitl some guys started making pests of themselves. Key attracted people with ease. The ladies were often more refined and took his rebuff well. Some of the guys too, were gentlemen and did not press when he said no to them. But these two men would not listen and one actually grabbed Key's waist to grind himself against Key's behind. Key only saw a blur when a bottle was broken on the guy's head and he was bleeding.

" off!" It was Onew and he spoke very softly, he was barely heard but his expression could not be misunderstood. Something in his eyes scared the bleeding guy's companion. And Key too. Onew was about to hit the guy some more when Key grabbed his arm. "Onew, no. Let them be". He was scaring other patrons now as well. He turned to Key fighting to calm down. "Yes, yes, ofcourse. You are right", Onew murmured.

"Are you ok?" Key asked Onew later

"Yeah"

"You scared me for a moment there", Key admitted. The bouncers had gotten rid of the pests 

"I am sorry about that Key"

"Let's just go home"

"No, no. Don't let me spoil your evening Key"

"You are not. I am tired anyway"

"You sure?" Onew asked, placing a hand on Key's cheek and Key rubbed his cheek against that familiar hand like a cat. It was comforting and there were no expectations with this touch. His eyes were closed when he answered, "Yes, I am. Let's go".

Onew dropped Key off and the lights were still out. Minho was not home yet then. Key went in, his steps dragging. Kitchen first, he decided once his stomach growled. After a hearty meal, he showered and wondered what to do with himself. He looked around and reached Minho's study. He was bored and decided to find a book of Minho's to read. Something just to bring him up to speed on what Minho did and they can have more to talk about. He found a couple and was reaching for another when he elbowed something which fell.  It was a file and pictures spilled out. Pictures of him and Jonghyun! What was this? Some of them dated from before he ever knew Minho and was still with Jonghyun. Key fell bonelessly in a nearby chair as he went through the pictures. From when he met Jonghyun to the scandal after. The pictures seemed to stop when he moved in with Minho. He found more pictures of him and Jonghyun. The one by the lake that day time! He was holding the picture in absolute shock when a deep voice demanded, "What are you doing in here?"