Chapter 2

Inevitable Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How old are they? Your brothers?" Baekhyun asked.

"Twenty-five. Youngmin Oppa is older than Kwangmin Oppa by two point three seconds," replied Seung Yeon and she went to the over, preheating it to one-hundred and eighty degrees Celsius. My parents adopted them a week after they got married, which was twenty-five years ago. I was born nine years later," Baekhyun watched as she skillfully made the cupcake mix while talking. "Do you have other siblings?" she had looked up and asked.

"I have an older brother, he's twenty-three. Does Youngmin and Kwangmin Hyung's go to Seoul University?" Seung Yeon nodded.

"Kwangmin Oppa majors in Law and Youngmin Oppa majors in Archeology. Does your brother go there too?"

"Yeah, majors in Economics."

"What's his name?" Seung Yeon was putting the paper cups in their places on the tray by the time.

"Byun Baekbeom, maybe your brothers know who he is,"

"Maybe," it was the end of their conversation. Baekhyun was watching how Seung Yeon poured the dark pink coloured mix in to the cups carefully with the spoon. His eyes moved from left to right following the silver spoon. She looked very profession while doing so to Baekhyun, pretty too. She poured in the last scoop of the mix and smile after putting down the bowl. "These can go in the oven now," she muttered and she grabbed the tray, pushing the tray in the hot heated over. "Twenty minutes to wait," she brushed her hands on her apron.

"I bet they'd turn out yummy," Baekhyun said with a slight excitement in his voice. "Seung Yeon," her head spun in an instant at the call of her name. It felt nice being called so casually by Baekhyun, she didn't know why. "Can I have your number?" the question was so random that it made the girl giggle for a short while. Seung Yeon gave Baekhyun her number before cleaning out the kitchen after the mess there was. She washed the dishes before seating herself down opposite of Baekhyun.

No words were spoken between the two and it became very awkward, sometimes they would go awkward and sometimes they wouldn't. Just when they though that they were already comfortable with each other, a silence between them was awkward, it wasn't comfortable at all. Seung Yeon started to drum her fingers on the marble bench while Baekhyun started to read the book he brought down with him. Seung Yeon rested her chin on her palm, still drumming her fingers. Minutes of awkward silence passed but them Seung Yeon let out a loud sneeze that made Baekhyun's body twitch in surprise, the girl could only apologize and chuckle sheepishly.

"Sorry," she said shamefully, Baekhyun only grinned and continued reading. Seung Yeon hopped off her seat and went to crouch down in front of the oven. Her eyes scanned the red cupcakes that were in the oven. 'Just ten more minutes,' she thought and sat back down but she got back up and went to open the fridge instead. She took out two containers of Philadelphia cream cheese and whipping cream, then she went to the close cabinet beside the fridge and took out a pack of caster sugar. She grabbed one big and dry bowl from the dish rack and it on the bench along with the three ingredients, Seung Yeon was good at holding many things. She then quickly went to the sink and washed the wooden spatula he had used before and dried them with quick speed, Baekhyun watched her every move. "What's your favorite colour Baekhyun?" she suddenly asked.

"Hmm? Oh.. I don't have any. Colours are all nice to me," Seung Yeon pulled out a disappointed look but she quickly brushed it off. "What about you?"

"I like white," she said and she starting making the cream cheese topping for the Red Velvet cupcakes. Seung Yeon started to add two-hundred and fifty grams of cream cheese into the bowl then she moved onto the whipping cream, adding one-hundred milliliters into the bowl then she added a hundred gram of caster sugar into the bowl. She started to mix the the three ingredients in the bowl slowly and thoroughly. She made sure she didn't over-mix too much. The oven ringed just in time. Seung Yeon took her green oven mittens and stretched open the oven glass. She grabbed the tray on both sides and set it down on the bench. The Red Velvet Cupcakes were looking very appetizing in the eyes of Baekhyun. After done dealing with the oven, Seung Yeon looked at the cupcakes with delight.

"As it's still hot, we're gonna have to wait to glaze the frosting," said Seung Yeon to Baekhyun. "I know you want to try," a sly smile was on her face. "Your face says it all,"

-

After having some fun frosting the cupcakes with the cream frosting, Seung Yeon and Baekhyun took one cupcake for themselves and savored the taste of sweetness.

"It's really really good," said Baekhyun, his mouth half full of the cupcake. Seung Yeon giggled lightly, Baekhyun then wiped his mouth with a sheet of tissue. "It's you mum's recipe?" the girl nodded and she touched the corners of her lips out of habit. It was something that she grew accustomed to do with her mother always telling her to always be cautious of the corners of . "Do you do this frequently?"

"Yeah, almost every week," Seung Yeon replied. "I'm in the middle of trying out all my mum's baking recipe's since the beginning of last year. It's been a year now, knowing that it's already January,"

"Wow! She has that many recipe's?" Baekhyun asked with awe.

"Yeah, I'm amazed as well," Seung Yeon started to take out the cupcakes from the molds of the tray.

"What was your mum's name?" Baekhyun asked without hesitancy.

"Lim Ye Seul," the girl replied. "How was your Christmas lest year?" she beamed, she wanted to avoid saying anything about her mother.

"It was great! My family and I went to Busan to my Grandpa and Grandma's house," Baekhyun replied with a bright smile. "What about you, how about your Christmas?"

"I had a good time. We stayed here in Seoul and our relatives come to our house from all over Korea, but my grandparents came from north of Seoul, not so far like the one's who lives in Gwangju," replied Seung Yeon while she set the cupcakes on a small cupcake stand. "We should bring this to the lounge. They must be waiting," Seung Yeon grinned. Seung Yeon carefully carried the tray to the living room and the twins' eyes sparkled upon seeing the cupcakes. She set the tray on the coffee table and the boys wolfed won a cupcake in just a matter of seconds.

"Mum's recipe is always the best," said Youngmin.

"And will always be," said Kwangmin. Baekhyun was still trying to get used to the twins appearance, the looked insanely the same.

"You got some stuff there," Seung Yeon said, pointing at Kwangmin's nose, but she did the pointing very unseen. Kwangmin wiped the icing off his nose automatically with a sheepish smile, Baekhyun was watching TV. "Baekhyun, you can have another one if you like," Seung Yeon said and she caught his attention. Baekhyun's eyes twinkled and he grabbed another cupcake to eat.

"You have mum's talent Seung," said Kwangmin, a soft and gentle smile appeared on Seung Yeon's face. "Do you still run the bakery?" he asked and Seung Yeon simply nodded in reply.

"During weekends only. I don't have time during school days,"

"Why not?! What about after school?' Youngmin exclaimed loudly. "You'd create tons if you do," but Seung Yeon just frowned at her brother.

"You know why very well Oppa," she announced. "I'm the only one working! Mommy's not her anymore! And you think I can handle all that?!" the girl was trembling, Youngmin was shocked by the girl's sudden outburst  and he was at a lost of words. Seung Yeon was never the type of girl to speak ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter