Chapter 3

Inevitable Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seung Yeon got herself ready for another day of school that following day, Monday. She slipped on black jeans, a long sleeved green turtleneck before wearing her wool and warm black knitted sweater. She retrieved her white beanie before placing it over her head. And she left her hair free. She slipped on her socks then went downstairs with her school bag.

When she reached Baekhyun's bedroom door, she stared at it for a long time. Contemplating with herself whether or not to knock on the door but she decided not to and just went to the kitchen where Youngmin was cooking breakfast of pancakes, Ye Seul's pancakes, Youngmin was the best at making it.

Her father was already dressed in his working attire, gladly eating the pancakes. "Morning Yeon," he said.

"Morning, Daddy," she replied and sat her bag down on the ground supported by the bench's wall. Seung Yeon took a seat and began to serve herself pancakes. "Did you see Baekhyun?" she asked.

"Yeah, he's in the living room I think," her dad replied. 'He wakes up early,' thought Seung Yeon, surprised.

"Pancakes are wonderful, Oppa," Seung Yeon said as she continued to eat her breakfast. Munching down the last bit of her pancake, she bought the dish to the sink and washed it. After that, she made two thermos full of hot chocolate, one for herself and the other for Baekhyun. She put in her thermos bottle into her bag before going to the living room with her bag in her hand.

The living room was quiet when she went in, and she saw that Baekhyun was reading his The Surrendered novel, sitting on the couch comfortably. Seung Yeon made her way to the couch and quietly sat herself down, Baekhyun was so focused on his novel that he didn't realize Seung Yeon was even there. Seung Yeon waiting around roughly for five minutes until Baekhyun finally put his book down on his lap.

"Holy Jesus!" he yelped once he saw Seung Yeon. He looked at her, a fret expression on his face. "Were you here the whole time? Seung Yeon nodded and a soft giggle left her lips, Baekhyun found it slightly cute. "Why didn't you, I don't know, tell me or something?!" he said incredulously, still shocked.

"You seemed so engulfed with the book, I didn't want to disturb you," Seung Yeon responded. "Now look you're in the middle of the book already, chapter sixty-six," she said. "That's fast,"

"Yeah, once you start a book, you won't be able to stop, and this is a really good book, it's worse," Seung Yeon smiled.

"I made some hot chocolate for you, here," Seung Yeon passed the thermos to Baekhyun and he gladly took it.

"Wow, thanks, Seung Yeon," he smiled. "Thanks a lot. Uh.. what's the time?"

"It's seven forty-five,"

"Maybe we should go already," Baekhyun said and Seung Yeon nodded before she went out of the living room with Baekhyun behind.

"Daddy, are you ready?" Seung Yeon asked aloud that her father could hear from the second floor.

"Yeah, I just need to get my laptop," Kangsu replied from up the stairs, from his room.

"... why do you call your dad "Daddy"? I mean, not that's it's wrong or anything but just that teenagers our age don't really call their father's that, now-a-days. I'm saying it's wrong or anything, just curious," Baekhyun suddenly said and Seung Yeon faced him, she chuckled at the sudden question.

"I've been calling my dad that ever since I was a little girl and I haven't changed since. So, I don't think I can really change because it's hard to change when you're at this age," Seung Yeon replied with a flushed look.

"It's actually cute that you call him that," and Seung Yeon broke out into quiet fits of laughter, Baekhyun couldn't help but join in, her laughs were contagious.

"What do you call your parents?" she asked instead.

"Mom and Dad," he said with a shrug and his eyes diverted to the girl's beanie. "I like your beanie," he randomly complimented, Seung Yeon touched her beanie.

"I like your scarf," Baekhyun's red and blue scarf was eye-catching. His brown hair was combed neatly and Baekhyun was wearing jeans and a grey sweater over a stripped shirt. Soon, Kangsu came downstairs with his laptop in a suitcase. Kangsu slipped on her trench coat that has hung and grabbed his car keys.

"Let's go," he said and headed out.

"Daddy, I need to say goodbye to the Oppa's, it won't be long," Seung Yeon quickly said and she went to the kitchen in a hurry, Youngmin was washing the dishes. She went to up his and kissed his cheek. "I'll be going now, see you soon," said Seung Yeon and she smiled to Youngmin before hurrying up the steps to Kwangmin's bedroom. She opened the door and went inside the room, subsequently kneeling beside the bed where Kwangmin was at. Seung Yeon slightly shook her brother and Kwangmin groggily woke up, his eyes still closed though. "I'm going now, maybe you should come again next week, okay?" Kwangmin nodded his head faintly. Seung Yeon then kissed his head. "By the way, Youngmin Oppa made pancakes," when Kwangmin heard that, his eyes bolted open to the fullest, the girl giggled and she went back downstairs, going outside and into the car, sitting at the back, Baekhyun beside her. "Why didn't you sit at the front?" she asked him.

"I thought you were gonna do that," replied Baekhyun with a face of loss written all over.

"I feel like a chauffeur now, Yeon," groaned Kangsu, who was staring to drive, Seung Yeon held in a grin.

-

Seung Yeon kissed goodbye her father and went out  of the car quickly. Baekhyun went out through the other door and went to Seung Yeon who was fumbling with the straps of her bag.

"What's your first class?" Baekhyun asked and they started to walk into the school boundaries.

"History, and yours?" Seung Yeon asked.

"German," answered Baekhyun. A girl from the other side then ran up to Seung Yeon, she had black hair and tanned skin.

"Seung Yeon! Are you still gonna go to the stationary warehouse with us after school?" the girl asked Seung Yeon.

"Yes, of course," Seung Yeon nodded furiously. The girl smiled and went off. Baekhyun's presence didn't seen to faze the girl.

"Classmate?"

"Project-Mate is more like it, but she's still a classmate," Seung Yeon said. "We're in the same Culinary Arts class,"

"Ah..."

"So un.. I didn't really bother asking my dad about you coming to live with us for so long so.. why is it so?" Seung Yeon asked Baekhyun.

"My parents are travelers. They travel all the time and this time they're going away for six months, crossing all over the globe," he replied casually and it turned quiet when Seung Yeon nodded her head, getting the poi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter