Chapter 9

Inevitable Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"When are you gonna talk to him?" Baekhyun asked Seungyeon, they were in the library, Baekhyun having a novel in his hands and Seung Yeon doing her classwork. This time, Baekhyun had worn his baseball cap backwards, it was cute in Seungyeon's opinion.

Seungyeon shrugged with pouty lips. "Today probably," she replied, it was a Monday and she had ballet practice with Lee Joon. "He didn't contact me last weekend, but I'm sure Jongin Oppa would want to talk about it as soon as he could, I'm not sure though, I don't know whether he will show up today at the same studio or not. He might practice with Aemi Unnie in the other studio,"

"Oh.... hey, I think we have sports together today," Baekhyun's eyes brightened up.

"Huh? Really?" Baekhyun nodded. "That's never happened before,"

"It has, maybe we just didn't really care, we didn't even know each other back then and we've never been in the same team before,"

"Which sport are we doing today?" she asked.

"Swimming I think," Seungyeon nodded her head understandingly.

"I don't think I'll go," she said instead.

"What? Why?"

"I don't really do sports, I only do ballet, I do a lot of gymnastics though, but not such sports,"

"So that's the reason why I've never actually seen you before," he smirked.

Seungyeon laughed. "Yeah, I'll skip, I'll be in the dance studio, Mr. Yoo always lets me, yeah, I'll be in the studio,"

"You don't like sports?" asked Baekhyun nonchalantly.

"I do, but not much, ballet and gymnastics is more than enough for me, at least this school does a lot of gymnastic activities throughout the year, that keeps me active and I do ballet thrice a week, quite reasonable, don't you think?"

"Yeah... guess so,"

"Do you take in any?" Seungyeon flipped a page and continued writing her French essay.

"I take hapkido classes, and I occasionally play basketball once in a while,"

"See, we're equal," a small smiled etched on her face.

-

After Baekhyun changed into his gym clothes over his swimming shorts, he waited in the cubicle until everyone was gone, Baekhyun peaked through the door and checked if the coast was clear and after he made sure of that, he shouldered his sports bag and sneaked out of the changing room and went to the third floor of the building, where the dance studio was. Nobody was in the hallway and heard nothing, the arts floor of the building was empty until he arrived close to the dance studio where he heard soft music being played on a low volume.

Baekhyun smiled and looked through the small square shaped glass window on the door and saw Seungyeon, wearing her gym shorts and shirt with her hair tied up in a bun, she was wearing no shoes. Baekhyun huffed out and he quietly opened the door and shut it back as quietly as he could so that he wouldn't disturb Seungyeon. She had her eyes closed so he was sure that she wouldn't see him but he wasn't so sure about the sounds he made. Baekhyun placed his bag down and walked to Seungyeon slowly and steadily until he was sure that she would fall into his arms. Her eyes fluttered open and she looked at him with a confused.

Seungyeon was light, so Baekhyun had no problem holding her in his arms. "Hey," the word came out from his mouth softly, a gentle smile on his face.

Seungyeon's mouth opened and closed to say something but nothing came out and instead came out, "Hey," she looked so beautiful fallen in his arms that he could just kiss her. She didn't say anything else after that and with one free arm, Baekhyun brushed away the short strands of hair o her forehead and cupped her face with that one hand.

"You're really beautiful, you know that?" Baekhyun muttered and she blushed, Baekhyun saw it. His head slowly moved towards closer to her, Seungyeon was moving her face closer to him as well but Baekhyun pulled back and he let go of Seungyeon, she let out an inaudible disappointed sigh, Seungyeon was looking forward to it as a matter of fact.

Baekhyun cleared his throat. "What are you doing here?" Seungyeon asked him rather curtly, flattening her shirt.

He just shrugged and pointed at Seungyeon with his jutted lips. "To see you," he said and sat down on the piano seat before he pressed his fingers on the keys and played a tune, struggling a bit. "Haven't played in so long," he muttered to himself. Baekhyun had taken piano lessons when he was in middle school and hadn't played since then, but the piano's black and white keys were still familiar to him yet it was foreign. Seungyeon walked towards the piano before she sat beside Baekhyun.

"You can play?' she asked him, the disappointed feeling gone from her chest.

"Used to, during middle school, I don't play frequently though," Baekhyun softly said and he continued pressing the keys before the sound from the keys turned into a beautiful and mellow melody, Seungyeon charmed all over by his talent.

Seungyeon then stood up slowly before she walked to the centre of the room and she danced to the tune Baekhyun was playing. She did swift and smooth ballet moves. Baekhyun glanced at Seung and a smile slowly appeared on his face. He continued playing and Seungyeon continued to dance. Nobody was there, nobody knew, it was just the two of them spending their sports class together on the third floor, somewhat mischievous.

-

Jongin looked at Seungyeon and Lee Joon dancing together before changing his sight to Baekhyun who was reading. He was with Aemi, practicing their parts in the same studio as Seungyeon and Lee Joon. Aemi noticed how Jongin had a regretful look on his face and she placed a hand on his shoulder.

"What did you do this time, Jongin?" she asked him. "You look upset," she was one of the people who knew about Jongin being gay.

"I did something really wrong the other day," Jongin answered to Aemi's question, "And I need to apologize to that person I did wrong to," he added before turning to Aemi and placed his hands on her waist and they started dancing.

"May I ask what you did wrong?" Aemi asked carefully.

"I kissed Baekhyun," Jongin muttered quietly. "And I think I upset Seungyeon,"

"You really like him, do you?" Jongin nodded rapidly. "But then at the same time, you don't want to like him because of Seungyeon?"

"Yup, you know me too well, Aemi," Jongin said and smiled at her. Jongin and Aemi had always been good friends. "Seungyeon and I have to talk soon, I know she wants to," Jongin placed Aemi's hand in his and changed the dancing steps. "See me at my campus after I talk to Seungyeon today?" Jongin looked at Aemi and she just nodded.

-

Seungyeon was putting her hair up in a loose bun when Jongin approached her. She looked at him and a small smile played on her lips, Jongin sheepishly smiled.

"You don't have to apologize to me, but to Baekhyun instead, I'll pass the message onto him for you," Seungyeon said with a small shrug and curled a strand of hair behind her ear.

"But you like him, so I need to say sorry," said Jongin.

Seungyeon chuckled. "It's not like we're together or something, Oppa," her cheeks flushed red.

"Yet," he added and smirked. "I'm sorry... see you on Friday?" he looked hopefully at her.

"Yeah, Friday," Seungyeon nodded and smiled before she made her way out of the studio building where Baekhyun was waiting for her. They were going to take the bus home.

"So?" Baekhyun started.

"Sooo, he says sorry," Seungyeon replied.

"That's it?"

"Mhmm," of course she wouldn't say that Jongin knew that she liked Baekhyun. "You guys should be okay by this Friday or so," they sat down on the bench and Baekhyun immediately pulled Seungyeon closer to him by draping his jacket over both their shoulders. "Hey.. you don't have to, I'm warm enough already, keep it for yourself, Baekhyun"

"Mom says that sharing is caring," he replied with a childish grin and Seungyeon could only laugh, shaking her head. "...oh, it's snowing again," Baekhyun reached out his hand out and let the snow flakes fall onto his palm, Seungyeon did the same, a small making it's way on her lips.

"Mommy and I always did this when it's snowing at my balcony," Baekhyun looked at her side profile. "We would just sit there, gaze at the whiteness of the snow with mugs of hot chocolate in our hands," then he couldn't resist it and planted his l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter