Chapter 8

Inevitable Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kwangmin sensed the tense atmosphere and he quietly told Baekhyun and Ah Reum to go out, he knew very well of what was going to happen next. He knew it all too well because it happened too many times already, but he had a gut feeling that this one was going to be the worst of the worse. Baekhyun wondered why all of a sudden that he and the couple had to leave while Seung Yeon remained with Youngmin inside, he didn't know why but he was sure that he would find out soon.

"You should stop," Baekhyun heard Seung Yeon say behind the blue and white curtains. "You have to stop this, you have to!" Youngmin looked away from his sister. "No, look at me!" her voice raised a notch. "Look at me, Youngmin!" she dropped the honorifics, the brother queasily turned his head, Seung Yeon was on the edge of breaking down, she was shaking, the gesture expressing anger, hurt, disappointment and worry. "Do you know how many times I have to rush to this hospital already because of you getting injured due to you and your street racing? Do you know?" she said through gritted teeth. "I get so, so freaking scared when Daddy wakes me up in the middle of the night, telling me that you're at the hospital emergency room, do you know that? Do you know how I feel?" droplets of tears fell down from her eyes. "See, you don't. You don't think about me, Kwangmin Oppa or Daddy. You never do! You don't give a damn thing about your own family! About your only family!" more tears streamed down her face.

Outside, Baekhyun was growing very worried for Seung Yeon.

"This happens every time Youngmin rushes to the ER, but I think this is the final straw of Seungie's anger and disappointment to Youngmin," said Kwangmin gloomily. "She doesn't usually cry, she doesn't cry at all actually about this, she just gives a long prep talk, but today, she's letting it all out," Kwangmin continues, Baekhyun gulped.

"I don't want to lose another family member, I've already lost Mommy three years ago!" her voice raised again. "You're my brother, my family, do you think I want to lose you as well? Huh?!" Seung Yeon was trembling really hard. "Do you know what it was like losing Mommy for me? You don't because you don't even think about me, Oppa," she sobbed. "Please, Oppa, just please..." Seung Yeon hastily wiped her face but the tears didn't stop, Youngmin was accepting all the blame, he knew what he had done to his family, to Seung Yeon. "Please, just cut down the driving and listen to me," Seung Yeon said and turned around, pushing the curtains aside before she fell into her father's arms and sobbed her heart out. "Do something Daddy, please, please, for the family, for Mommy," Seung Yeon mumbled against her father's chest.

"I know Yeon, I know...." replied Kangsu and he kissed the top of her head before letting her go and he went into Youngmin's emergency room.

Baekhyun stood up before he went to Seung Yeon's side and he placed an arm around her shoulders. "Let's have a walk, shall we?" he said and Seung Yeon nodded after wiping her tears hastily with the tissue that Baekhyun gave to her.

They got outside the building and started to walk on the walking track that covered around the hospital area, Baekhyun's arm still on her shoulders. Their friendship was already at the point where they were able to do that, it was comfortable to do so.

"Let it all out, Seung Yeon, there's always a shoulder to lean on, my shoulder is available at the moment. Just let it all out, I don't mind," said Baekhyun softly.

So Seung Yeon did, she let all the tears inside her flow and stream down her face. There was no sobbing or choking but the tears all just fell, the tears that was formed by Youngmin's troubles. Baekhyun's hold on her tightened and he kept quiet, that's why people called him a helper or the shoulder to lean on. He helped people, he was always there to soothe you. He often busied himself by doing community service whenever he could, usually he took care of children in a kids centre or the orphanage. He played with kids and was there with them, teachers there adored him to the very best, but he kept it low-profiled, he didn't tell anyone about it, there was no bother to.

When Baekhyun saw a bench, he led Seung Yeon to the bench and sat down. Seung Yeon inhaled a sharp breath before she slowly rested her head on Baekhyun's shoulder. There was no more tears but she was feeling down as ever.

"Can you hum a song for me?" Seung Yeon's voice was quiet.

"Sure," Baekhyun said and he started humming "Say Something" by A Great Big World and Christina Alguilera.

The night was cold but fortunately there was no snow or winter wind, just cold air, bearable for them to sit outside and Baekhyun can hum a song while Seung Yeon comfortably sets her head on his shoulder. She started to like him more after what he had just done. Baekhyun sniffed and he pulled her close to him.

"I think we're good friends now, don't you think so? The ice has broken," Baekhyun said that made Seung Yeon's lip corners twitch upwards a bit. "You know, the situation between me and my brother is worse than what you just did, you don't even wanna know," he added and caressed her shoulder. "You're lucky that you have other siblings, try consider yourself lucky, Seung Yeon, I envy you for that,"

"I don't have a mother, you have one," Seung Yeon muttered.

"I.. don't have another sibling like you, we're almost the same, we can relate to each other a lot," he replied and smiled before looking down at her and he brushed a tear away with his thumb that was falling down her cheek. "Think positive, don't cry," Seung Yeon could feel her cheeks go red.

"I envy you for your optism, Baekhyun," she said. "It's hard, so many people are so.... hopeless, that includes me. I'll try not to cry anymore, I'll try to be more like you,"

"No, don't.... you're perfect just the way you are, you don't have to change, you just gotta.... strengthen yourself, take it slowly, I know you can, Seung Yeon," at his words, she smiled and felt that there was still hope somewhere in her.

-

Saturday,the day that Chanyeol wanted his brownies and the day Seung Yeon gets to open her mother's bakery again, that was very delightful but memories from the previous nights still lingered in her mind. 'Maybe I should ask if he wants to come as well,' Seung Yeon thought and she went upstairs towards Baekhyun's room.

She knocked on the door and hear Baekhyun say, "Come in,". When she went in, Baekhyun was busy making his bed, he turned around and smiled at her. "Morning, feeling better?" he asked.

"Morning, yeah, better..um, I just wanted to ask if you wanted to come with me to the bakery today, I don't know, I mean, if you're not occupied or anything,"

"Yeah, sure, is it just you?" he asked.

"No, Yeri's gonna come and help, I' not sure about Youngmin or Kwangmin Oppa, but they would probably come after a few hours or so... so you're coming?" Baekhyun nodded with a smile. "We can go after breakfast, how about that? Okay with it?" she asked.

"It's your bakery, Seung Yeon, your rules," Baekhyun shrugged.

Seung Yeon smiled. "Okay, after breakfast it is" she replied and closed the door before going downstairs to have he breakfast. And surprisingly, the twins were there, one sprawled on the couch and the other laid like a starfish on the floor. Seung Yeon stared at the and then to her father who was in the kitchen. "Daddy, why isn't Youngmin Oppa in the hospital and why aren't  they in their room?" she frowned.

"Youngmin was discharged early this morning, Kwangmin, he was too lazy to go to his room yesterday and when Youngmin and I got back, he just crashed on the couch, boys..." Kangsu said, not amused at his sons' behaviour.

"Okay.....um, whatever, uh, Baekhyun and I are going to the bakery today, Kwangmin Oppa can join if he wants and Yeri's coming too, we'll get going after breakfast and we'll probably be back home before two or so," Seung Yeon told her father as she sat down. "But Daddy, are you busy today?"

Kangsu chewed on his toast. "Fortunately, no, for the morning that is, my friends and I are having a basketball game today," he replied.

Seung Yeon looked at him expectantly. "So you can come?"

"For the morning, yeah, sure," Kangsu didn't go to the bakery much and he often made excuses on not wanting to go because it was Ye Seul's bakery, his wife's bakery and it often brought back memories of him and her once he step's his foot in the bakery, it was sad, it was really sad, especially when he so vividly remembered how the ambulance came and when they tried to shock her with the defibrillats, she didn't wake up. Seung Yeon wasn't there, she was with her brother Kwangmin, being single people on Valentine's Day. While everybody were happy on the February of 14th, the Han's were sad, especially Seung Yeon, because that day, it was supposed to be a happy day for her, it wasn't supposed to be a sad day where she goes to see her mother's grave, no, that day, it was her birthday, and her mother passed away while making Seung Yeon's birthday cake, it wasn't supposed to be like that.

Seung Yeon smiled at her father, the expression on her face saying "Yay!".

-

Seung Yeon was making the batter for scones with the help of Yeri and Baekhyun was dealing with the oven. The bakery wasn't opened yet and that was why they had to bake the good before it opens and when it does, the goods would still be hot and fresh when they're purchased. They made the muffins and croissants soon, when those were finished in making, the bakery opened and Kwangmin was the first one to go through the door s as he was going to make pancakes to serve those who wanted breakfast. Before a real customer would come, Kangsu came, and no sign of Youngmin.

Baekhyun lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter