Chapter 6

Inevitable Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Good morning, Daddy!" Seung Yeon greeted. It was a Wednesday, snowy and cold morning, little snow flakes were falling from the sky. "Good morning, Baekhyun!" but she didn't realize her pumping heart when she saw him. Neither did Baekhyun, both of them decided to ignore it.

"Morning," Kangsu said with a fatherly smile.

"Morning," said Baekhyun, a soft smile playing on his lips.

"Beautiful snow, eh?" Kangsu remarked while looking out the window and Seung Yeon took a seat beside her father on stool, opposite of Baekhyun and at the same time she agreed with her father.

"Daddy, I have ballet today, they added another day because we're doing a new showcase," Seung Yeon stated.

"Cool! What's the theme?" her father asked.

"Peter Pan," Seung Yeon said, Baekhyun listened. "And they're going to add romance," she shortly said and ate her toast. At the word romance, Baekhyun's eyebrows twitched slightly.

"That's great, when is it?"

"Middle of next month, but can you send me today? To the studio?" Seung Yeon stood up to make hot chocolate for herself, her father and Baekhyun. She took out three tumblers from the cabinet.

"Yeah, I probably can but if I can't, Baekhyun, do you mind sending her again, taking the risk?" Kangsu carefully asked Baekhyun. The boy glanced at Seung Yeon then back again to Kangsu, smiling.

"No, I don't mind, as long as I don't get caught," Seung Yeon's ears perked up at his words.

"Daddy, he's only sixteen. He barely has any of his license! And you work along with the police! You should know what's better for him, he shouldn't take the risk," Seung Yeon's words were laced with worry.

"I just work along with the police, I deal with drugs, I'm not a police," Kangsu casually said back.

"But what if you were one? You would not let him go! Plus, someone who works alongside with the police is sort of like the police!" she put pressure in her words. ".... no, no, I'm not letting him drive me there, he shouldn't take the risk. He's only sixteen Daddy, he doesn't deserve to be behind bars at such a young age if he gets caught, and it's all my fault if he does," Baekhyun and Kangsu chuckled. "I'll call Jong In Oppa or something... yes, that will do," Seung Yeon breathed out from talking and continued to brew the hot chocolate.

"Yeon has been like that ever since her mother's passing, she worries a lot about taking risks," Kangsu whispered towards Baekhyun with a light dry smile, Baekhyun glanced at Seung Yeon again. -

Seung Yeon took out her phone and scrolled through her contacts. When Jong In Oppa's name appeared, she taped on the contact and sent him a message.

To:Jong In Oppa

From: Han Seung Yeon

Sorry if I'm bothering you or anything but is it alright if we go to the studio together today of my Dad isn't available?

She immediately received a reply.

To: Han Seung Yeon

From: Jong In Oppa

Sure! No problem :)

Seung Yeon pursed her lips and she walked out of the cafeteria with her tumbler in hand, towards the library.

She took herself a seat on an empty seat and table and she placed her tumbler half-filled with hot chocolate on the table top. She pulled out papers from her bag and set them on the table with a pencil. Seung Yeon quickly zipped her bag up and faced the even-lined papers. She was going to try cursive writing again. She was supposed to actually do an essay on anything with the use of cursive writing and it was on Friday while it's already Wednesday, she had two days left! She was falling behind drastically.

"You need my help with that, Seung Yeon," her body jumped at the sudden voice but she recomposed herself as fact and looked up at the Baekhyun who was giving her a loop-sided smile. He pulled a chair close to Seung Yeon and sat on it before taking the pencil out of her grasp. He then readied his pencil on the paper. "Tell me what to write. I'll demonstrate it for you," he said.

"Maybe you should begin with the alphabets first," Seung Yeon said and Baekhyun started to write, but not the alphabets but what she just said. "No, no, no! That's not what I mean!" she hastily said but nevertheless, Baekhyun continued to write and he added the last statement as well. She watched closely as his hands expertly moved in cursive as he wrote the words on the paper. She noted that he had nice, slender fingers, for a guy. Baekhyun finished the last word with a full stop at the end. "You're really good," the words came out of raspily, was so dry, Seung Yeon quickly reached for her tumbler, hastily opening it and drinking a gulp of the hot beverage, it slightly burned her tongue but she didn't mind, it was Winter. Seung Yeon cleared . "You're, you're really good at it," she said and Baekhyun smirked.

"You watched, right? Okay, now you try," Baekhyun showed the pencil to her and Seung slowly took it, feeling unsure, Baekhyun slid the think paper in front of Seung Yeon and the pencil in her hand hovered closely over the paper. "Go on then," he urged and Seung Yeon began, though she miserably failed right at the start. She just couldn't learn the curving of the lines of the letters. A chuckle left the boy's lips beside her, Seung Yeon could only smile sheepishly, embarrassed, it was usually the girls who had the agility to do cursive writing than boys, but between Baekhyun and Seung Yeon, it was the other way round. "Alright, I will help," Baekhyun adjusted his chair closer to Seung Yeon and Seung Yeon's heart pumped faster at the proximity of their closeness. It was clear, she was attracted to him.

Baekhyun's arm slowly made it's way behind her back and his hand covered over Seung Yeon's. He was feeling nervous as well, but he forcefully ignored the feeling. At the skin contact, her fingers twitched, Baekhyun too. Their heads were close as well. Baekhyun controlled Seung Yeon's hand with writing on the paper. He smoothly wrote the letter and words, his hand securely over hers, that made her feel anxious. Seung Yeon gulped and just focused herself on the writing, she was so close on wanted to turn her head to Baekhyun but she didn't, she didn't want any interruptions. Even though he was already warm, Baekhyun felt his body temperature go warmer, at the corner of his eyes, he saw that Seung Yeon was intent on the work. The last cursive word finished and Baekhyun's hand retracted back as well as his body, the hot fire went away immediately. Baekhyun cleared his throat, "Do you think you're able to do it now?" he asked.

"Hopefully," Seung Yeon awkwardly said and smiled, it didn't reach her eyes. "... um... I'll get going first, see you later," she brusquely added then packed her things quickly before buzzing away, out of the library. Baekhyun knocked his head on the table, feeling like a fool. He in his breath and let it out loudly.

"Let's just read," he said to himself and pulled his baseball cap tighter on his head before opening the book he was currently reading. When the words from the chapter appeared, his eyes were going through all the letters, words and lines but it didn't go directly to his brain but went out of his head. It made a shortcut, the words didn't want to go through the main processor. "Good Lord!" he grumbled under his breath. 'Do I like her? As a friend, yes. God, I'm thinking about this again, it's so frustrating!' Baekhyun though exasperatedly. 'How will I teach her cursive writing next time if she needs my help? It's just a mere attraction, she's pretty alright, that's it.. right?' he then slammed his baseball cap on the table and crumpled it as hard as he could until it pained his fingers. It was frustrating.

-

Seung had just finished reading the text message fro her father saying that he wouldn't be able to drop her off to ballet class nor could he fetch Baekhyun up so she quickly sent a message to Jong In if he could drop Baekhyun off on the way. And she go ta quick and positive reply saying that he could. Kim Jong In was his full name. Black hair, a bit wavy, short, typical dark brown eyes and tanned skin. He had a normal height for a twenty year old Korean. Jong In was very kind and friendly, he had a very nice pers

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter