Chapter 7

Inevitable Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!" Seung Yeon came running in the house and towards her father's office. She  looked at him with beaming eyes while Kangsu was clueless. "Guess who I saw today!" she excitedly said to her father.

"Who?" asked Kangsu.

"Lee Joon!" she squealed, her inner feelings pouring out for the dance but Kangsu didn't seem to know who it was as his face showed a puzzled one.

"Who's that?" he frowned, Seung Yeon sulked.

"Never mind," she glumly said and walked out of her father's office with a disappointed look on her face, but Kangsu was taken aback and he jumped out of his chair.

"Seung, Seung! He's a dancer isn't he? And you met him?" Mr. Han quickly said that made Seung Yeon turn around with a joyful grin on her face and she nodded her head vigorously. "Good for you, are you collaborating with him?" asked Kangsu.

"Yup! He's Prince Hook!" said Seung Yeon. "Isn't that great?"

"That's pretty cool, make sure you just don't hurt yourself, okay?" Seung Yeon nodded and she went out of the office in a positive mood. Being the youngest and a daddy's girl, she was always attached towards her father, always positive with each other. "Oh, and Seung Yeon!" she popped her head in. "There was a phone call for you from a guy named Chanyeol, said that he's in the same class as you," Seung Yeon frowned. "I think he wants to order, who is he? He sounds like he knows you,"

"He's just.. someone I bumped into the other day," Seung Yeon shortly said and she quickly wen towards the living room where the home phone was. Kangsu sighed in relief and sat back down before loosening his tie. Kangsu promised Ye Seul that he was going to be the most supporting father for Seung Yeon, that was the last words of Ye Seul to Kangsu, he was still in the house, in his office when he heard the fire alarm sound go off. When he came down, Ye Seul was already in the last moments of her life, just as Kangsu went to her side, Ye Seul said those words to him.

Baekhyun wasted as Seung Yeon ran to the phone that was on a small table beside the television. Seung Yeon grabbed the phone and then she went towards the kitchen, his eyes still following on her. Baekhyun's eyebrow couldn't help but arch. 'I am living under the same roof as her, right?' the thought suddenly flashed in his mind. Baekhyun closed his book and shifted his spot on the sofa to get a better earshot. He heard the beeping numbers being pressed on the phone. Then the call beeped, a cell number.

"Hi, Chanyeol!" 'Chanyeol?' Baekhyun was shocked. "My Dad told me that you called?" Seung Yeon said to the phone, Baekhyun didn't hear what Chanyeol said on the other line but was Seung Yeon said gave him a clue. "Okay, one set of plain chocolate brownies. Is that all? Alright, when do you want it?" Seung Yeon asked. "Anytime? Okay, is it fine with you this Saturday at noon? Great! I'll see you tomorrow!" the phone call ended and the scribbling of a pencil was heard. 'Did Chanyeol just order for chocolate brownies...? Oh yeah, Kwangmin Hyung did say about their bakery,' thought Baekhyun and he busied himself again with his novel. He had read more than half already but a thought went through his head again and Baekhyun forced himself to not think about it. 'Does Chanyeol like Seung Yeon?'

-

Seung Yeon and Baekhyun were in the library, working on with cursive writing for the girl, she was slowly improving. Last time ended up a bit awkward but this time was a bit better, no touching or what so ever. Baekhyun was doing is best demonstrations.

"Baekhyun cleared his throat that made Seung Yeon look up. "We should break the ice shouldn't we?" he said.

"Yeah? Yeah.. hah, yeah," Seung Yeon stammered, a crooked smile playing on her lips. "We should," she told him and focused back on writing the joint letters. Baekhyun smiled, loop-sided.

"What's the bakery that Kwangmin Hyung talked about the other day?" Baekhyun asked and he casually pointed at the small mistake she did, Seung Yeon quickly fixed it.

"It's this bakery that my Mummy opened when I was seven, it's called Sugar, Flour and Eggs. I open it only during weekends with the help of the Oppa's and this other friend of mine who's the daughter of my mother's best friend, she's a Sophomore in this school," replied Seung Yeon. "How's your parent's doing?" she asked.

"They're doing good. They're in Africa right now I think," Baekhyun said and it surprised Seung Yeon.

"Really? Wow, that's cool..hey, how do you do this one?" she questioned, pointing at the letter R.

"Just like this," he said while he showed how to connect a letter with a lowercase R. Seung Yeon tried but struggled.

"No matter how many times I try, it doesn't work on me," she said. "It turns turns into an S," she sighed then her heart rate sped up as Baekhyun's skin made contact with hers. His hand enveloped hers totally and his touch was delicate though his index finger was a bit rough due to turning so much pages. His and her hand moved in sync on the paper as Baekhyun wrote "Parachute" in cursive with the pencil. When he let go, Baekhyun seemed like nothing unusual happened but to Seung Yeon, the different had happened to her. Different feelings, different adrenaline, the nervous feeling was a different type and everything else was different. It was something she's never been through before but she enjoyed it, the differences.

"See, it's simple. You just have to get used to it," Baekhyun simply said. "You should practice everyday and your hand will get used to it, I struggled with cursive as well, two years ago, I was extremely bad at it, one of the worse in class, even!" he chuckled, Seung Yeon dryly smiled.

"That was two years ago, you were fourteen! And I'm sixteen and I still can't do it," she said, jealous over the fact that Baekhyun was so good at it, but Baekhyun laughed.

"Don't worry, my brother can't do it. At all," said Baekhyun and he bumped shoulders with her. "You'll be able to do it, don't worry," he patted her back, then the bell rung. Seung Yeon and Baekhyun packed their things and faced each other. "So, I'll see you after school or what?"

"Yeah, Mari and her friends want to come over our house today, is that gonna be alright with you...?"

"Absolutely! Don't mind me," Baekhyun smiled and went away. "After school!" he said aloud, Seung Yeon smiled. 'He's really nice,' she thought.

-

While Seung Yeon was busy putting her things away on her locker after her final class, Mari appeared with her two other friends.

"Hey," Seung Yeon said and closed her locker before twirling her scarf around her neck.

"Hey," Mari said and they started to walk. "There's someone waiting for you outside. He said you're his sister," Seung Yeon turned her head with a serious expression, she squinted her eyes at Mari.

"What hair colour does he have?" she questioned.

"Black," Ryuhyeon replied and Seung Yeon could only sigh.

"What the hell is he doing here?" she muttered.

"You know him?" Na Jung bemused.

"Yeah, he's one of the adoptive brothers I was talking about. His name's Kwangmin.

"Oh! And I saw Baekhyun talking with him, do they know each other already?" Ryuhyeon asked.

"Yeah, they met last Sunday,"

"Your brother's hot," Mari bluntly said, Seung Yeon chuckled.

"He's twenty-five Mari, and I think he has a girlfriend. Sorry to disappoint you though," Mari made a face like she saying: "Darn it!". Once they reached outside of the school main building, the four girls walked up to where Kwangmin and Baekhyun was, who were talking. Baekhyun turned his head as he saw Seung Yeon, Kwangmin did too. Seung Yeon walked up to her brother and she tightened her scarf around her neck. "What are you doing here?" she asked.

"Really? That's what you say to you brother when you meet him and he's like nine years older than you?" Kwangmin remarked but later shrugged when he said the bored expression on Seung Yeon's face. "Ah Reum's birthday is in a couple of days and I want to bake her a cake. Teach me? Please?" Kwangmin took hold his sister's shoulder with his hands earnestly, but all he got was an arched brow.

"Who's Ah Reum?" she questioned, Seung Yeon didn't recall anyone with the name Ah Reum in her mind.

"My girlfriend," Kwangmin deadpanned, Seung Yeon glanced at Mari and she had a dejected look on her face

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter