Chapter 4

Inevitable Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Oh my god... why, just why do I have to remember it now?' Seung Yeon was irked by herself. 'Might as well take the taxi or something,' she then hurriedly went into her room and threw her stuff on the floor of the room, her satchel remained immobile on her shoulder. She ran back down the stairs after she spoke to Baekhyun.

"Uh, Baekhyun, I'll be back," she quickly said.

"I'll drive you. No wo-" he didn't get to finish his sentence when the doorbell rung, Seung Yeon shortly smiled at the guy and headed to the door, opening it without checking who it was.

"Jong In Oppa! My things!" Seung Yeon exclaimed jovially. Jong In was holding a plastic bag full of stationary things in his hand. Jong In smirked and handed the plastic bag to Seung Yeon.

"You forgot those as well. Joo Hyun was yelling at me about your stuff," said Jong In.

"You should stay for dinner. My dad would be glad to see you again," Seung Yeon offered.

"Sure, thanks," Jong In accepted the offer and slipped inside the house after leaving his shoes by the shoe rack. She lead him to the living room and Baekhyun stood up at the new guest.

"Baekhyun, this is Jong In, Jong In Oppa, this is Baekhyun," Baekhyun extended his hand to be shaken, Jong In gladly shook it.

"Hey," Jong In casually said, Baekhyun said the same.

"He's my ballet partner, Baekhyun and Baekhyun here is a family friend, Oppa," Seung Yeon said and she could only smile. "Watch TV or something, I'll be in the kitchen," she then went off to the kitchen.

"So, what brings you here with Seung Yeon?" Jong In started, Baekhyun picked up his book.

"I'm living here for the next several months," replied Baekhyun, he flipped open the book, a habit.

"Are you and Seung Yeon close?"

"Oh, no!" Baekhyun chuckled. "I just met her yesterday. Only found out that we went to the same school too!" Jong In grinned. "What about you? Close?" they sat down on the couch.

"Maybe, I guess. I met her two years ago for our ballet show. She's been my partner for ballet since," said Jong In.

"How old are you?" to Baekhyun, Jong In didn't seem young.

"Twenty, you're sixteen I guess," Baekhyun nodded while thinking, 'Twenty years old?! He seems more than that.' Baekhyun expected Jong In to be somewhere around twenty-four or twenty-five.

"I'm back!" Kangsu announced aloud when he came in. He appeared in the living room and was surprised to see Jong In. "Jong In!" je exclaimed. "Glad to see you after so long, how have you been?" Kangsu immediately asked.

"Well, very well Mr. Han," Jong In stood up on hi legs shook hands with Kangsu.

"You staying for dinner?"

"Yeah, Seung Yeon invited me,"

"Good, good. Sit back down, I guess you've met young Baekhyun here?"

"Yes," Jong In smiled politely before Kangsu patted him on the shoulder and went upstairs. Jong In sat back down on the couch and glanced at Baekhyun who was reading. "You read?" he asked, sounding interested, eyes shinning.

"Yeah," Baekhyun smiled curtly. "Do you?" he asked back, Jong In made a motion with his hand that showed: a little bit.

Once it was dinner, Seung Yeon noted that Jong In was very keen on sitting beside Baekhyun, she found it a bit weird and odd but shrugged it away and thought that they were guys and they were probably friends already. Seung Yeon had made lasagne for dinner that was strongly appreciated by her father and Baekhyun, he once again was really impressed by the sixteen year old girl's cooking skills. Jong In was appalled as well but his attention was mainly on Baekhyun, always trying to open up a conversation.

"So, what do you parents?" asked Jong In to Baekhyun.

"They're freelance travellers," replied Baekhyun not looking at Jong In, Baekhyun took another spoonful of lasagne and met Seung Yeon's eyes. "It's really delicious," he smiled at her genuinely, on the other hand, Jong In was watching how friendly the two were at that moment when they've just met the previous day.

"Daddy, can you still pick me up after ballet?" asked Seung Yeon to her father.

"I'm not sure sweetie, the police's getting a bit more tight now. There was a scene two days ago, I'm not sure, but Baekhyun, can you still pick her up if it does happen again?"

"Sure, I would gladly do it," Jong In looked at Baekhyun, the high school boy knew that Jon In was looking at him but he didn't turn his head, he didn't want to. 'Something is up with this guy,' thought Baekhyun suspiciously.

-

"Are you sure you don't want any?" Seung Yeon asked to Jong In, he was at the doorstep, ready to go back home, Baekhyun was beside Seung Yeon at the door, Jong In kept on glancing towards Baekhyun that made him keep on shifting on his spot.

"Nah, no, I'm fine," said Jong In. "I'll see you on Wednesday, Seung Yeon. It was nice knowing you, Baekhyun," Jong In waved goodbye and went off. Baekhyun and Seung Yeon stood immobile at the door until they realized how cold it was. Both of them shivered and went into the house trembling, both their noses red coloured. Seung Yeon looked at Baekhyun. They were so awkward.

"Um, I'm just gonna clean things up in the kitchen," Seung Yeon said and she flew away to the kitchen, a chuckle left Baekhyun's lips. 'We are so awkward,' he thought.

-

It was two in the morning when Baekhyun woke up, it was something that frequently happened to him, something like insomnia. The room was dark and only the moon was giving off the small light through the curtains. Baekhyun sat up and leaned against the headboard behind him of the single-sized bed. He switched the heater off beside him and pushed the bed covers off him. Baekhyun sighed as he put down his legs and his feet touched the cream-coloured floor. Baekhyun brushed his hair with his fingers. He got off from the bed and quickly slipped on his warm pullover. Baekhyun grabbed his book before going downstairs and to the kitchen.

And apparently, Seung Yeon was there, her head rested on the bench, sleeping.

Baekhyun could only stare at the sight. The lights were off but he could still see her silhouette. He walked his way to the switches and switched on one of the lights making any sound apart from the click of the flip. He tiptoed to Seung Yeon and saw a paper underneath the girl's head. he focused his eye on the paper and realized that it was a cursive writing sheet, a pencil was still in the girl's hand. He slowly pulled the pencil away from the girl's grasp and set it on the table. 'Maybe I should wake her up,' thought Baekhyun, he went to the kitchen to drink water but ended up doing something else instead. He scratched his head like a lost kid and was nervous whether to wake her up or not. Baekhyun sighed and pinched his nose bridge. He then gently placed a hand on her shoulder, shaking her very softly.

"Seung Yeon, wake up," he shook her slight and just by the small shake, Seung Yeon began to stir. She was a light sleeper. 'Did Mr. Han not wake her up?' thought Baekhyun and he shook the girl once again, this time, Seung Yeon fully woke up. Firstly, she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter