Chapter 1

Inevitable Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seung Yeon drummed her fingers on the kitchen rectangular marble bench situated in the centre of the large kitchen, looking at a sponge cake that happened to be seen before her eyes. With a hand supporting her chin, she sighed. The girl had received news from her father the other day about a family friend's son moving into their house. She didn't know why or how long he was going to stay but she she understood what her said. 'He's a family friend, didn't think we had any,' she thought. The sponge cake was a mixed coloured cake of green and yellow. A smell of mint and lemon emitting off from it. Sprinkled with grated lemon skin and shredded mint leaves, Seung Yeon was proud of her work. 'Mommy's recipes are always the most different,' she told herself and a soft smile lingered on her face but not for so long when the doorbell was heard and it startled the girl, making her body jump a bit in surprise. 

Dressed in skinny jeans and wool sweater as it was the middle of Winter, she headed for the door and opened it. Before the door was a boy dressed in simple jeans and a duck-down jacket, his dark brown hair different from Seung Yeon's light brown hair, he had bright eyes with a friendly look.

"Come in please, it's freezing out there," Seung Yeon said and she ushered the boy inside. The boy smiled politely before going inside the house, then came in his parents, she greeted them before closing the door behind her. Her father came downstairs right at that moment and he greeted the two other elders.

Han Kang Su, Seung Yeon's father led them to the living room while the daughter went to the kitchen. She took a deep breath before grabbing the lemon and mint sponge cake in her hands and bringing it to the coffee table located in the lounge between two couches. She sat down beside her father and smiled at the parents of the boy.

"Have some cake please. A sweet treat is always good before going on a trip," Seung Yeon said to the three guests. "It's lemon and mint sponge cake,"

"Wow, the last time I saw was like 15 years ago, you have your mother's hair and your father features. Call me mother, Seung Yeon," Kim Tae Hee, the mother, said and she helped herself to the cake. "And you certainly have your mother's skill," she added, Seung Yeon smiled a gentle smile. "I don't think you remember him, but this is Baekhyun," Tae Hee gestured to her son, Baekhyun, the boy was busy eating the cake made by Seung Yeon, she diverted hey eyes to Baekhyun.

"Oh, sorry! It's so tasty, I'm Byun Baekhyun," Baekhyun said in quick surprise, the cake had occupied him, Seung Yeon suppressed a laugh.

"Han Seung Yeon," Seung Yeon said. "Daddy, what's the father's name?" she quickly whispered to her dad.

"It's Go Hoon," replied her father, whispering.

"I don't know whether you ever see Baekhyun in school, since he only stays in the library. You've ever seen him Seung Yeon?" Go Hoon asked, Seung Yeon shook her head.

"I don't think so," said she, Go Hoon chuckled.

"I expected that," he said and clasped his hands. "Since we don't wanna miss the flight, we better get going. the cake was wonderful Seung Yeon, thank you very much for that," the five of them stood up and headed for the door. Seung Yeon slipped on her Winter coat before joining them outside.

Baekhyun was unloading his stuff from the car's boot with the help of his father. The was two big boxes and a large red luggage. The Winter cold breeze of Seoul made their noses red, as well as their ears. Baekhyun and his father finished unloading and then went to his mother for an embrace.

"Six months, it will past in a blink of an eyes," Tae Hee said as she parted from her son and she pecked his cheeks. "And behave," Baekhyun kept himself from rolling his eyes.

"You don't have to worry mom," Baekhyun said and went to his dad for a quick hug. "I'll see you soon dad," Go Hoon grinned. Mr. Han too hugged the parents, his friends, Seung Yeon smiled on the side. Mr. Byun and Mrs. Kim bade goodbye before going away. Baekhyun rubbed his hands and turned to face Mr. Han and Seung Yeon.

"Let's go inside, it's freezing," Mr. Han said and shivered, the three went inside. "Yeon, I have a meeting to attend in a few, so could you show Baekhyun to his room? Youngmin and Kwangmin are going to come anyway," said Mr. Han once he was inside.

"Sure, wait, where's Baekhyun?" asked Seung Yeon when she realized that he wasn't in the house. "Daddy! His stuff!" she exclaimed. "And's it's freezing out there!" Seung Yeon shuffled out of the house quickly and surely, she saw Baekhyun dealing with his stuff. "You must be cold, you're the guest, I'll deal with your stuff, go inside," she politely said to the boy. His hands were almost frost bitten.

"No, no, no, we can do it together," Baekhyun said. "Can you help me with this box?" he pointed at one of the box. "It's quite heavy,"

"Of course," Seung Yeon walked to the box and she grabbed one of the side of the box with two hands on the bottom and Baekhyun grabbed hold of the other side. They walked slowly into the house and settled the box on the floor, close to the edge of the stairs leading upstairs. "What's in there?" she asked calm, the tone of her voice was soft and neutral.

"Books," Baekhyun replied.

"The other as well?" it was really peaceful on how she asked, Baekhyun nodded. They went outside and carried the other box inside together again. Mr. Han came downstairs in his work attire. "Daddy, can you carry his luggage please?" Mr. Han nodded and he went out, coming back in with Baekhyun's red luggage.

"Thank you," Baekhyun said and Mr. Han patted him on the back before going to daughter and giving her a peck on the forehead.

"I'll get going," Mr. Han said and he went out. Baekhyun and Seung Yeon looked at each other before a calm smile erupted from the girl's face.

"Let's get you settled first, I'll show you to your room, it's upstairs, "Seung Yeon said and Baekhyun gave his stuff a somewhat disgusted look, Seung Yeon chuckled. "I'll help you with those,"

"Since it's your room, do whatever you like to it. I'm gonna go downstairs. I'll be in the kitchen," Seung Yeon said and smiled before going down to the kitchen, Baekhyun breathed out, 'My new home,' he thought.

Seung Yeon placed her hands on her hips and smiled to herself. She tied her light brown hair into a ponytail with the hairtie that was around her wrist. She went into the kitchen and slipped on her pastel green apron, She took out ingredients to make Red Velvet Cup

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter