His point of view

New York

It started like any other day. I was on my way to meet Tony at the usual spot up on 108th. Get this I stood on the crowded corner  waiting for the light to change and that's when I saw her. I'm sure it was her, she just looked younger, happier. I thought to myself how long has it been since I talked to her? "One day I'm going to New York. I want to see the big apple, the big bull, Central Park, F.A.O Swartz. Visit someone who means a lot to me.." the memory of this sends a pain and a sense of guilt through me. I try and focus on the light, waiting for it to change. Trying to blend in with the crowd, hoping she doesn't see me. I lower my head a bit and begin to weave through the crowd the stampede of people. That's when I collided with someone. I reach out my arms to steady them. I meet their gaze and it's her. Heat runs through my body and my heart races. I begin to panic as I release my hold. I hear her mumble what I think was an apology. When she finally looks at me her eyes grow wide and she looks shocked. I don't give her the chance to say anything else and I walk away. I look back and she is still frozen in the street hanging open like she saw a ghost. All I can do is give her a weak smile and lower my head. ", I blew it again." I ran into the nearest entrance of a building, I look back and she her on the street conert frantically scanning the crowd waiting for the light to change.