Her point of view

New York

As the subway comes to it's choppy she stands and makes her way through the crowded station. She is greeted by the aroma of different colognes and perfumes battling with one another and is at war with the filth that fills the air. She dodges a tiny old lady carrying bags. "Excuse me." She quickly offers. Swear words exit the frail grey haired woman's mouth as she shuffles on her way. As she nears the steps sunlight begins to devour the underbelly of the city. Yellow blurbs dart past her as she stops for a moment at the stairs. Finally she has made it. New York City.  Breathing deeply a smile sweeps across her face as her pride is puffed up. Adjusting her purse a little higher on her shoulder, looking at the street sign she is trying to remember if she is going the right way. Deciding to go right she walks down 108 the street she is taking back to a younger self. "One day I'm going to New York. I want to see the big Apple, the big bull and Central Park, F.A.O Swartz. Someone  who means a lot to me." The ending of the memory breaks her heart a bit. She thinks, "I wonder whatever happened to him." As she continues to walk down the trash filled streets; "I wish I could tell him." Putting those thoughts behind her she continues to walk. Waiting for the light she begins to look at the crowd that surrounds her. Catching a man in a suit bitterly talk in to his phone clutching a brief case she wonders why he is so mad. Then she spots a woman holding a toddler who is trying to wiggle his way out of her grasp. As she crosses the crowded street she bumps into someone, losing her balance she grabs on to the man's hand. The man immediately clutches onto her. Looking up to him to apologize,  his embrace isn't there. She knew that face she is sure of it she is paralyzed for a moment as the man turns around to look at her. His dark eyes have an apology way deeper than the bump that almost knocked her down. He gives her a sympathetic smile and bows his head. In that moment she is stunned and with the blink of an eye he dissapears.