His point of view pt 3

New York

As he waits for the waitress to bring his meal to him he thinks about what has happened an he suddenly misses her more. It's been about two years since that night. Leaning back against the booth "Promise you'll always be here no matter what." She told him when the last guy let her down. "I promise." Was all he told her.  With that promise things began to change. Remembering how it all started he began to simply text her and say he was busy or at work. He than just wouldn't text her back knowing he could text her later. Then later never came. He got to the point he only would text her on major holidays and only called her on her birthday. Every now and then he would texts her for a few days straight and then quit again.  As the plate hit the table he was snapped out of his thoughts. Mumbling a quick thank you to the woman she scurried away. Ashamed he looked out the window of the diner at the busy street he hoped she would walk past again. That time he wouldn't mess up this time.  Taking a bite of his food his phone began to vilently vibrate on the table. Cautiously he picked his phone. It was Tony : "where you at bro?"

He quickly types: "In the diner."

As he he exits out of the message he mummbles. "I'm sure she changed her number." But he decides to try anyway. He is flustered by what to say so he just types "I'm sorry." He hits the send button and puts the phone down. 

Startled by Tony sitting down he jumps, "Bro you ok?" 

He has no choice he needs to tell someone and his good friend is the best one to tell. 

"Yo dude maybe it's fate. You need to find her." Tony shakes his head as he takes a few fries from his friend. 

He sits there in silence thinking about what he has just said and what Tony has told him. "I text her. Not sure if it's her number anymore." 

"It's a start man." As Tony slaps his hands on the table the phone that is laying face down on the table begins to sing is song of life again. The two men just stare at one another.