His point of view pt 4

New York

"What if it's her?" Tony states as he stops his friends hand that is hovering over his phone.  

"I don't know man. I got to do something if it is." He picked his phone up but the message was from Jay. 

"Who is it dude?" Tony asked in his thick native accent.

"It's Jay he wanted to know if I was going to his party tonight,  you coming?" 

"Nah dude I got work." Just then his phone broke it's silence.  "Look bro you should have the gang come by the club tonight my girl and a few of her friends are celebrating her roommate's promotion. Lots of single ladies." Tony smiled his million dollarsmile. 

"I don't know man I'll see what the guys want to do." 

"Tell Jay I'll put ya'lls on the V.I.P list." 

"I'll tell him." He looked at his phone again. Nothing yet. 

"So tell me about Y/N again. It's been a while since you talked about her. Refresh my memory again. Do you know if she is single, maybe I'll try and hit her up." 

For some reason he felt jealousy creep into his body. He knew his friend was trying to get him to either remember her or forget her. He hasn't ever told any of his friends that he thinks he may have actually fallen in love with her. 

"You know we met when we met we were still in high school. We talked every day for almost 15 years. Sometimes we'd stay up all night and watch movies together. She has always been there when I needed her the most. Ya know just a friend online kind of thing."

"No that ain't it. You ain't telling me." Tony took a long drink of his soda. 

"What do you mean? That's the whole thing." He swallowed harshly and looked away from Tony. "She was just a really good friend."

"Hmph. Bull." Tony leaned back and shook his head. "She isn't just 'some friend' because you wouldn't be acting this way. You fell for didn't you?!" 

He couldn't meet Tony' eyes just yet. "*sigh* I don't know when it actually happened, but yea I guess I did. !"  

"She's why it never worked with Ailee, isn't it?" Ailee had been his girlfriend for 4 years, a couple years ago. 

"No..." he said defensively "*sighs* maybe.... ok yes I guess so. She was amazing.  I don't know why I let her go."

Tony looked at him with disappointment. "Why didn't you tell her anything if you liked her?"

"I don't know  i was about and then I met Ailee and she was here and Y/N lived in Los Angeles. I thought long distance wouldn't work."

 "Are you ing serious bro?! You thought the world of this girl. Always finding ways to include her in to our conversations." 

"Well..." Guilt hit him and it hit him hard. 

"They have things called airplanes ya know?!" Tony became annoyed with his friend. "Wait when you got in deep with Ailee that wasn't when...." 

He didn't let him finish. "That's when I began to ignore her."

You're so dumb. You had Y/N and you gave up because she live on the West Coast? I don't know man, I don't know. "  

"Look I know i mess up big time I don't know what I am going to do I'd she writes back.It's  been two years. What if she doesn't want anything to do with me?"

"Look moron, I got to get ready for work. I just know is she texts you back don't it up again."