The talk

New York

      His head was spinning when he tossed the blanket off. Rubbing his eyes he thought of Y/N. Hanging his groggy head he noticed a pair of red heels on the floor. His eyes got wide as panic hit him. What did he do last night he thought. He slowly turned around and saw a brunette asleep. Regret slapped him in the face. He had Y/N in arms reach. Standing he slips his jeans over his hips before he grabs his phone. He enters the bathroom and grabs the asprin and darts for the kitchen. Flashes of Sam talking about her roommate and the all the drinks he ordered. The woman was a complete blur but those red shnoes he remembered those red shoes. Popping the two asprin he opens the fridge and takes a long pull of the orange juice and returns it  to its home. 

      He sat his phone down in front of him and runs a hand through his hair when he heard foot steps coming from the hall. 

     "Hi... Um/... I am going to get going." She says in a soft voice. "Here's my number if you want to hook up again."  Walking over to him she hands a business card over. 

     "Okay... Sure. Let me walk you out." He stands leaving his phone behind. They walk in silence until she is out the door. "Um.. Look I am going to be honest with you, I probably won't be calling you." He says as he slips his hand into his pocket.

   "I know." She says as confusion riddles him. " You kept calling me Y/N and my name is Kate." 

   "Sorry." He gives he a patheic smile.

   "Don't be., I still had fun." 

  Closing the door he shakes his head. he walks back into the kitchen and notices he has a message.

Y/N: WHY ARE YOU SORRY?

     He sat there for a moment before he answered.

B/N: FOR YESTERDAY

Y/N: SO THAT WAS YOU

B/N: YEAH, THAT WAS ME.

Y/N: WHY DID YOU RUN?

   getting a little defensive her writes:  I DIDN'T RUN

Y/N: YOU RAN LIKE I WAS THE DEADLIEST DIEASE ON THE PLANET. YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE EVEN TEXT ME AFTER YOU ACTED LIKE THAT.

A lump formed in his throat.

B/N: LOOK.... I MESSED UP OK. I KNOW I SHOULD HAVE CAME BACK TO YOU AND SAID SOMETHING. BUT

Y/N: YOU CHOSE TO RUN AWAY

B/N: LOOK I DIDN'T RUN

  *he sent that trying to convince himself. Hopping off the counter he walked to his room only to stop dead in his tracks at the messy bed and turn and walked away. Feeling like she could she him he felt embarassed.

B/N: WHEN I SAW YOU I THOUGHT I HAD IMAGINED YOU.

Y/N: WELL IT WAS AND IS ME.

B/N: YEAH I GET THAT. AND I AM SORRY. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN IN NEW YORK?

Y/N: ABOUT 6 MOS.

B/N: HOW YOU LIKING IT?

Y/N: I LOVE IT! I FEEL LIKE I BELONG HERE. I HAVEN'T GOT TO SEE ALL THE THINGS I WANT TO YET.

B/N: TIME SQUARE?

Y/N: OH NO I WENT THERE MY FIRST NIGHT HERE SAM TOOK ME.

B/N: THAT'S GREAT. MAYBE I CAN TAKE YOU TO SOME PLACES .

You hear Sam calling your name. she must be ready.

   Y/N: HEY LISTEN I GOTTA RUN, THERE IS SOMEWHERE I NEED TO BE.

B/N: YEAH SURE, I GOT TO GET READY FOR WORK ANYWAY.

Y/N: THANKS HAVE FUN AT WORK :)

B/N: THANKS CAN I TAKE YOU AGAIN?

Y/N: YOU HAVE ALWAYS HAD THAT CHOICE.