Their point of view

New York

          In the 45 minutes that it took for you to get home, Sam had ballons and her favorite Chinese food waiting for her when she walked in the door.

         "Yay Congratulations editor and cheif."  Sam ran into her friends arms.

          "I'm just one of the head editors that's all." You smiled as you hugged Sam tighter.

          "You're still the boss lady." She smiled, "Sit, tell me everything."

          The two girls giggled and sang along to the radio. Both girls began to talk with their hands and steal food from one another. As the sunset their conversation began to slow down. The ext slipped farther from her mind.

          "What time are we heading out?" You ask. "I kinda want to take a nap."

          "What the hell are you? Four years olds?" Sam tossed a crumpled napkin at you  and stuck her tongue out. "About nine or nine thirty. Tone's said that it's one of his friends birthday, so they are going to come through. And guess what? A lot are S-I-N-G-L-E!!!!"  She shimmied her shoulders back and forth and made kissing movements at you. "And I'm four years old with wanting a nap?" Laughing you say "I dont need a boyfriend. I just  scored my dream job. I cant handle both."

            Sam stared at you with a blank face. "Ya! When the hell did I say you need a boyfriend? I said single guys. And single guys equal free drinks, dancing maybe a few numbers. Who knows a free meal or two, a coupld of bad decisions on a few dates. Hell a one night stand or eight!!!" Sam was in a fit of laughter when she was done.

            "Oh shut up!!!! I am going to take a shower." You couldnt help but laugh too.

            "Well i'm doing your hair so kinda dont was it." Sam laughed as she told you she means business. You were greatful to have a best friend that was a hair and make up artist. You give her a thumbs up as you walk away.

             You throw your purse and jacket onto your bed and walk over to your closet to find something to wear. Pulling out at least half of your closet before finding what you were going to wear. The cream beige romper that has sugar skulls stren arcoss it seems like the perfect thing. Knowing that the top was sheer you opt for a black lace bra. You rummage through the million pairs of shoes you own before deciding on some basic black flats. Laying it on the chair in your room you reach for the sweats you will wear until it is time to go. As you begin o shower you think of al the things that have happened today you make the choiice not to tell Sam about (your bias). Sam knew how much you loved him. As you turn the water off you hear a knock on the loft's door.  There isnt a need to rush because you figure it is just Tony anyway. Once outside you are greeted by his thick accent.

           "Hey baby girl heard you got a job today... Congrats." He pulls you into a hug. "Sam says you two are coming through tonight." "Thank you Tony, Yeah we are only if our favorite bouncer can get us on the list so we dont have to wait."

            "Y/N you know I always have to keep my girls happy. Besides if I dont Sam will kill me." He winked as Sam smacked his arm playfully. He lets go of you and pulls Sam close. "I hate to babe but I got to run. I'll see you ladies later." He winked at you and kissed Sam once more.

            "Later Tony" You called after him.

            " Y/N lets go get ready." Sam sing songed "Do you want me to do your make up too?"

            "Duh! Is there a reason I should have to ask?"

             "Hmph! Well maybe I should charge you from now on." She brought her finger to her lip and began to tap it. "Hmm let me think of a price."

             "Hush and work your magic."

______________________________________

        Your hair was loosely curled down her back with the right side pulled back with a skeleton pin. Sam did it again. You make up was just as beautiful a dark brown smoky eye. It made your eyes sparkle and pop. You lips were a mix of a dark red and pink as if you had been kissing for hours. 

      Both girls were walking towards the front of the line at The Lounge. They hear a bunch of guys yelling at them. "Hey baby." "Damn girl you fine." "Come over here baby." "Look at that !" You knew not to give them any attention. Thank goodness they weren't going in the same club as you. Spotting Tony, Sam begins to wave. 

        "Looking good ladies." He said as he motioned for the both of you to come inside. 

         The two of you danced most of the night away. Every now and then sam took photos of you both. You realize that you left your phone at home so she decides to be the photographer tonight. You even run into a few of your other friends. You get asked to dance more than her. She giggles everytime another man comes up.  Towards the end of the night you begin to decline some. 

       It was about 2 am when the club starts to slow down a bit and Tony was off. "Thought your boys were coming through?" Sam waste no time on asking. 

        "Sorry baby girl. I guess they got caught up." He looks at you as he says it.

         "Ah it's ok Tony I got a few numbers anyway. Hey Sam I ran into CL in the ladies room and she is heading home and i am kinda getting tired. So I thought we could share the fare. Is that ok sam?" She batted her eyelashes trying to look cute and innocent to her roommate. 

         "Bissh please! You ain't cute! Yeah go ahead I'm going to stick around with Tony. Congrats baby. I'll see you tomorrow. " 

         As a wave of people were leaving the club you and CL ride it out. Only to be tossed about by a wave coming in. You can hear what sounds like the group of guys from earlier and thankful to be leaving. 

        "Hey bro happy birthday." You heard Tony yell. That must have been his friends but you were to tired to turn back. 

          The cab ride didn't take long. CL asked some about your new job and how you were liking New York.  You only gave her basic answers because both of you knew this conversation would be relived. When you two entered the elevator you rode in silence. As the elevator dinged she hugged you and mummbled. "Let's have lunch soon." You simply nodded and waved as she stepped out. 

        It was nearly 4am when you finally fell asleep. Her last thought was of (your bias).

        "Wake up sleepy head. Let's go eat lunch. I'm starving!" Sam shakes you. 

        Looking at the clock it reads 2pm, you groan. "Ok let me get ready."

       "You missed tone's friends last night. They came in a little after you left. I tested out a few and ended up giving your number to two. One of them was Jay, the birthday boy. Cute, full lips, tattoos, short, from Seattle. He said something about texting you today. "

        "Thanks girl I owe you." 

         A serious expression  crossed her face. "The other guy; he was a bit taller had a little longer hair, great smile. He was quieter than Jay. Kind of like he had alot on his mind. Tony thought he could be at least a good friend." She pauses for a moment before going on. "But when I went to put your number in his phone he already had it. I think he said his name was (bias name) or something like that. 

       Your eyes grow bigger. "It can't be." Is all you mummble while you search for your phone. Dumping the contents of your purse on the bed you shuffle through the pile and find it wedged in a magazine.  Hitting the power button you get frustrated. "Dammit" you swear under your breath. "It has to be him. Come on..."

         "Him who?" Sam starts to panic 

      "(Your bias full name)" you say as your phone comes to life. 

 ************ 

His view. 

     the two girls the guys have been yelling at never flinched. I couldn't help but look. One wore some black skinny jeans and a floral crop top she looked familiar but he couldn't place her.  Suddenly it dawned on him. It was Tony's girlfriend.  The girl with her must have been her roommate. 

      "YO man you coming?" Jay shouts from the door. 

        "Oh ya!" He hadn't noticed the line moved that fast. Showing the bouncer his I d he ccould feel the music bounce off of him. The buff man motioned for him to go inside. 

       The energy in the club dramatically change. An array of colored lights bounced, pulsated, blinked and strobe you in front of him. Thr music hit him harder in the chest. It felt as if the rhythm of the music took over his heartbeat. "Its Jay's birthday stop thinking about her." He whispered to himself.  

The night turned out to be better than he thought. He danced with a few girls and got a few numbers. But no matter what he did she was still on his mind. 

    It was a little after 2 am when the guys finally decided to head over to the Lounge. As he stepped inside he noticed Tony in the VIP section with the girl he saw earlier. He immediately began to search for the other girl but she wasn't anywhere.  

     "Hey man." Tony days as he approaches him. 

     "Hey Tony what happened to all the girls?" 

     "Ah bro you just missed most of them . Sam is going to give you her roommate's number though." 

   He simply  nodded and walked over to the bar. "Can i get a beer?" He told the bartender. Watching Tony strut back to who he now knew was Sam. Tony kissed her and pointed at him and said something. 

       "Here you go sir." The bartender  sat the beer in front of him.

        "Thanks here you go, keep the change." He handed a 20. 

        He leaned against the bar as he took a swig of the beer. He noticed Sam walking towards him. 

    "(Your bias name)?" She ask. 

      "Yeah what's up? " He stands a little taller. 

      "Tony was telling me that you were single and that you could be at least a good friend for my roommate. So can i have your phone?" Sam held her hand out and tapped her foot on the ground.

     As she unlocked his phone she noticed he had an unread message from a Y/N. Sam kind of brushed it off and went to his dial pad and punches Y/N number in but as she did it Y/N was already programed into his phone already. "Hmm"

    "What?" (Bias) asked. 

     "She is all set up in your contacts. Her number is an out of state area code. Hope that's not a problem. " Sam smiled.

       "Not at all. What's her name?" He asked. 

        "Y/N." Sam says as she walks away. 

      Shock slaps him in the face as she walks away. He wants to rush and ask her if it's her. He slowly brings looks at his phone and hits the power button and notices he has a message. Swallowing hard he opens the messages and it's her. He clicks to view the message. 

   "Hi umm. I'm not even sure if this is still your number. But I am in New York. "