Chapter 9

My BFF

I glanced at the muscular men worriedly. Their fierce stares were intimidating the three of us and of course they gave the other hostages afraid. I was thinking of the way to escape counting that the three of us have our hands and legs free, however, I wasn’t sure whether they had guns loaded with bullets. I really did not want any bullets to hive in my body. Even the thought of it was enough to make me shiver slightly.

“Do not ever think to escape or you’ll know the consequences!” One of the fierce men said before left. He had a large ugly tattoo on his left arm. I was hoping the other man would leave too, however he kept standing on his place and I sighed. How could we escape if the muscular man was still around? I really regretted this whole idea. We should have been in school, probably been scolded by the teacher if we had not done the escape plan. Damn it, why on earth would I provoke such stupid idea? I ruffled my hair in frustration as I leaned back to the wall. The other hostages were looking so sad and it seemed that they did not have any energy left. Kyungsoo looked really terrible while Chanyeol was staring onto the ceiling, probably wondering if someone would come to save us. But the three of us knew the sad truth, nobody was coming.

I heard something was going on outside. Some men started to yell with loud voice and someone slammed the table, however, the situation was getting worse to the point that the man that was guarding us decided to leave and check what was going on outside. I used the chance to make the guy next to me speak.

I uncovered his mouth as I asked, “Why are you guys here?”

“I don’t know exactly. But I once heard one of them mentioning about human trafficking, kidney, I only heard part of a sentence.” He shrugged. He seemed to be losing hope. My eyes were widened in horror, Kyungsoo’s eyes grew even bigger as Chanyeol gasped in shock.

“They… T-They are going to mutilate us?” Kyungsoo stuttered. The guy hung his head low but he nodded. I would rather be sold to someone of work as a slave than being mutilated!

I then heard footsteps coming nearer and so with an apologetic smile, I covered his mouth with the duct tape again. Just in time, the door flung open revealing the muscular men. They forced us to stand up and drag us to the truck that we checked before.

“Why should we move them? This is insane!” I heard one of the men yelled in fury.

“This is not my decision! Boss ordered us to do so!” The man that I assumed as the head said. He was bold and looked terribly scary. Once the truck was loaded full, they jumped to the front seat. Two men stayed at the so called hut. I suddenly had an idea but I was not so sure if it would succeed and so I told Chanyeol and Kyungsoo about my idea.

“I won’t dare to.” Kyungsoo immediately said.

“Well, it’s the only way!” I argued but he shook his head firmly, “It is not. I believe we stand a chance later on. It is just so dangerous! I’m not going to jump from a moving vehicles. Besides, this place is a remote area. They are going to find us easily. It’s impossible to go to the city, you do know how far it is, right?”

This time, Chanyeol agreed with Kyungsoo. “I usually really like dare and that is very challenging but Kyungsoo is totally right. It will just send us a dead wish.”

“Then are we just going to give up?” I asked in an unbelievable manner. Chanyeol shook his head strictly, “No, of course not. We will figure out the way soon, but definitely it will not be a good escape plan.”

I heaved a sigh as I leaned again to the truck’s body. What an uncomfortable position!

“Kris, or Kyungsoo, do you have your phone with you?” Chanyeol asked out of the blue. Kyungsoo shook his head directly. I slid my hand to my pocket and I touched my phone. I smirked in satisfaction as I nodded joyfully. Chanyeol grinned widely as he said, “Change to the silent mode and call for a help.”

I excitedly did what Chanyeol said, however, it seemed like luck wasn’t on our side. There was no signal at all! I shook my head disappointedly and Chanyeol sighed once he knew what was going on. One of the hostages suddenly moved and gave signal that he wanted to say something. Kyungsoo immediately uncovered his mouth and the guy spoke, “Your phone is iphone, there is an application called ‘search my iphone’ or something like that and if you have that in your laptop or computer in your house, your parents might use it to locate your phone and finally will find us.”

Just before we wanted to jump in happiness, he added, “However, it can only occur if your phone is not running out of battery.”  I then checked my phone and I sighed loudly, “46%.”

“Not good. Iphone is draining battery quite fast.” The guy said and I nodded almost instantly. Damn! I should have brought my Samsung instead!

“Don’t waste it, we may have other chances when we can find signal, so turn it off!”The guy said again hurriedly. I obeyed him and slid back my phone to my pocket. Nevertheless, Chanyeol shook his head, “From movies that I’ve watched, some men will check you later on, my guess right now is we are going to be mutilated. So I think, it’s not a good idea to put it in your pocket.”

“What the hell?” Kyungsoo straightened up upon hearing Chanyeol’s guess.

“Well, that is what usually happens in movies.” Chanyeol said and continued, “Put it inside your underwear.”

My eyes widened as if it could poke out from its socket. “The hell bro?”  I declined instinctively.

“It’s true! You’ve got to do it man!” Chanyeol argued. I sighed in defeat as I found myself doing what he told. This was really uncomfortable! It felt like my junior had its competitor!

Kyungsoo covered the guy’s mouth once again. If we were ever able to survive, I would never do this kind of thing again, never again! I wondered what our fate would be if we hadn’t lied and come up with the idea!

I fell all my energy was drained and I suddenly felt a thud on my left shoulder. To my surprise, I found Kyungsoo was sleeping soundly on my shoulder. I smiled slightly as I felt myself was drifting to sleep.


“Get up, you stupid!” I felt someone shaking my arms harshly and I opened my eyes while grumbling. I felt someone pulling my hair impatiently and I shot my eyes opened. The hell!

I winced in pain, “God damn it! Stop it!” I stood up and finally I got the picture! We were going to be transferred to a ship! A big ship! I found my hands were being tied now and soon enough, A duct tape was placed harshly to cover up my mouth and the next words I said were unclear.

The twelve of us were forced and pushed into a room. The room was dark, dirty, and absolutely smelly! Spider webs were here and there, and then, there was a rat too! I winced at the sight but I could do nothing. The door was locked from outside, the sound of ‘click’ was loud enough though. I glanced at my surrounding once again. The room was actually quite big for twelve people, but still, the place was not close to nice. As I’ve said before, spider webs were all over the place. There were also some boxes, empty boxes to be exact. There was also a ventilation hole. Then, my eyes landed on a quite big window placed on one of the side. I approached it and I could see the clear sea. So, we were on the other side of the ship! The window was obviously locked and strong, so there was no chance that we would escape from there. 

I wanted to shout and say something like ‘how can we get out of this mess?’ or merely just cursing but what I heard from myself was ‘hofdfdefeesdffff’. I sighed in defeat as I crawled to Kyungsoo and Chanyeol. Chanyeol seemed like he wanted to say something, however, I couldn’t get what he meant. Kyungsoo was also perplexed on what Chanyeol was trying to say. I knew that Chanyeol heaved a sigh, but I really couldn’t get what he was saying. Chanyeol then widened his eyes while trying to signal something and forced me to see what he was looking at. I followed his gaze that was actually on the rope that tied Kyungsoo. I then got what he meant but that still wouldn’t help!

How to untie the rope? I tried to move my arms a bit but I really couldn’t. Then, something hit me. I was a scout! I joined one year full of training! I joined the terrifying camping! What have they told me about it? No knot that can’t be opened! Oh yes, yes! I just needed to remind myself how to untie it! I signaled Kyungsoo to move closer to me and soon, we were back to back already. I tried to reach his tie and tried with all my strength to open the knot. I could feel 10 pairs of eyes were fixed on me and Kyungsoo and I could feel that the tie was soon getting lessen. I smiled in satisfaction and tried even harder as I felt myself getting more excited. I finally did it! And Kyungsoo hugged me in a second. He uncovered the duct tape and said, “You are awesome!” He then untied mine and together, we untied the others.

“Now Chanyeol, what’s the plan?” I asked.

“Errr… To be honest, I was not sure that we can go this far. So, I have not had any idea yet.” He rubbed the back of his head and grinned widely. How I want to smack his head!

“Your phone!!!” Someone said suddenly. Oh yes! I quickly hid myself behind a big empty box as I ped my trouser and pulled out my phone from my boxer, I felt really good now.

I turned it on and waited patiently, but unfortunately, there was still no signal! I turned to them and shook my head. All of us sighed heavily. A dirty room. 10 guards. A ship. No signal. How could we get out?

Now, what to do? 


I hope you enjoy it ^^

Please don't forget to comment :D

<3 you all~~~

~exopromise~