Chapter 5

My BFF

Time flew so fast that it was finally only a week before the deadline. We really had been waiting for this to come and it was suddenly in front of our eyes. The three of us were crossing our arms while taking a look on every girl in the class.

“So, have you found the suitable girl?” Chanyeol suddenly nudged me.

I shrugged and threw again my glance. Heck, I was at names! My eyes landed on a girl with a long wavy hair. That girl could help us I guessed. However, I didn’t really like her, she was kind of snobbish. She was clever, but she was too conceited. So, I shook away my first thought. That would definitely not work, and I could say that she wasn’t my ‘fan’.

“How about that long hair girl?” Chanyeol suddenly asked, throwing his gaze to a girl with a very long hair.

“You mean the very long hair?” I asked him dumbly. He rolled his eyes to me and let out a sigh before nodding his head.

“Hmm… What do you think?” He asked. Let me recall her. She loved her hair so much, certainly. She was that girl who would go to the toilet every one hour, probably to fix her hair. And she was quite y. She always tried to show off her by wearing the skirt too high, and she always spoke with her annoying voice. Oh, and she was my ‘fan’ I guessed, since she often came to my table and shoed Chanyeol away only to talk to me. But I actually never really responded her. I didn’t really shoe her away, but I just nodded and shrugged until she was bored and got back to her seat. So my conclusion was she was the suitable girl.

“Okay. She is our target.” I smirked to Chanyeol and he lightly punched my arm.                         

Your target to be exact. Remember the dare!” He laughed a bit too loud, but enough to make all gazes turned to him and Mr. Kang shot him a deadly glare, “What’s so funny, Park Chanyeol?”

Chanyeol flashed him his cheeky smile as he said, “Sorry Sir, I was just too happy that I could finally understand math.” What a dumb reason!

“Oh really? So I suppose you don’t mind to teach then? Since you are now already smart!” He sarcastically said. I knew Chanyeol was probably slapped himself mentally and I did hear him cursed.

“It’s okay Sir, I better be here.”

“No, Chanyeol. Tell me what you finally understand.” He shook his head and gestured Chanyeol to go in front of the class.

Before he walked, he said under his breath, “I’m so ing dead, Kris!” And I could just giggle. I knew it was probably not the good thing, but well, he is Chanyeol! He could handle everything, right?

Chanyeol stepped to the front and fiddled with his fingers before said, “So I finally understand math lesson which in this case means I understand algebra.”

And he was about to go back to his seat when Mr. Kang’s voice once again stopped him, “then teach your classmates what you’ve understood.” And the whole class burst into laughter while Chanyeol himself froze there.

Mr. Kang gave him the marker and signaled him to write down something on the white board. For a minute, Chanyeol was just standing there while staring onto the ceiling, probably waiting for an idea to pop into his brain. But then I saw his familiar smile plastered on his face and he wrote something down.

9x – 7i > 3( 3x – 7u)

“Okay guys! We are learning this right? But I saw Mr. Kang just gave with 2 variables, but here, I’m going to teach you how to solve 3 variables questions. And this is actually a formula that I discovered myself.” He said and made everyone shocked. Since when he was good at math? And I could read from their faces that they were pretty curious on what formula Chanyeol invented. I myself just knew he could do such thing.

“Okay, pay attention on how I solve this! This formula will be very useful later on!” He made everybody even more curios than before.

Then, he wrote down things.

9x – 7i > 3(3x – 7u)

9x – 7i > 9x – 21u

-7i > -21u

7i < 21u

I <3 u

And everyone turned into laughter once again.

“See? It’s really useful, right? It’s a ‘love’ formula! You may need it alter on to tell your husband or wife or simply, your lover!” He grinned widely.

Mr. Kang was first shook his head several times, but eventually he laughed as well. God! Chanyeol was really one of a kind! How could he come up with such idea? That guy really is something!

Everyone, and I meant it, everyone, including me, and Mr. Kang clapped hands.

“Okay, so Park Chanyeol over here does really understand! And I can say that he is very creative, therefore as an appreciation, I will give him extra 20 points for his exam. If he gets 100, then the 20 will be kept for his other tests.” Mr. Kang who was known as the most killer teacher even appreciated Chanyeol! Chanyeol bowed to Mr. Kang before he went back to his seat.

“How could you come up with such idea?” Kyungsoo turned back only to ask Chanyeol that question, maybe he was more curios than I was! Hahaha.

“Because I’m the highness Park Chanyeol!” He arrogantly stated. We both could only roll our eyes and paid our attention back to Mr. Kang who was now already back teaching us.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Now you, go there!” Kyungsoo whispered to me while he kept his eyes on the girl named Hyerin.

“Alright, can you both please just stop pushing me? She might have seen what you guys are doing! And really, are you sure it will be good to approach her in the middle of the crowd?” I hesitantly asked. We were having lunch at the canteen and they both perused me to talk to her here. Wasn’t it a bad idea?

“Believe us!” Chanyeol said and gave me one last push. Damn it!

I walked to her table with my cool way and I did see her eyes sparkling. Was I that handsome?

“Wait guys, I have something to take care first.” I heard her said to her friends before she approached me.

She ily slung her hands over my waist as she greeted me, “Hey Kris. Do you want to eat with me?”

Her voice did really make me want to vomit, but I tried to stop myself from doing that. Geez! I thought I chose the wrong girl. But I had to control my emotion, because I really needed her help.

“Sure, why not?” I tried to give her a smile. Then, she happily went to her table and said something to her friends before she dragged me to the table exactly beside Kyungsoo and Chanyeol. I could see both of them were stealing glances at us. Could they be more obvious?

We did a little conversation and I was really a bit confused on how to get into the ‘thing’.

“Hmm.. So have you done your assignment? You know, it’s only a week left.” Nah, there it was! She opened up the topic herself, and I really didn’t need to think of something. She wasn’t that bad I guessed besides her annoying voice, sometimes y actions, and she being talkative.

“Ummm… It should have been finished since a week ago, but-“I hung my sentence as I tried my best to look sad.

And she fell for it! “But what? What happened?”

“Kyungsoo’s brother was mad and destroyed our project.” I hung my head low. According to the book that I’ve recently read, by doing that, it would make the person we talked to become more sympathy to us.

“Awww!! That’s bad! I wish I could help you. If only the theme of every group is same, I can lend you mine and you can do something with it.” She said with a ‘sorry’ tone. And my eyes were widen in surprise. So… The theme of every group is different? My God! Then plan A would definitely not work!

I tried to hide my shock, and she didn’t notice it, fortunately. Then, to avoid her being suspicious towards me, I dragged on the conversation to other topic. I could see that Chanyeol and Kyungsoo were confused on what we were talking about and I gave them sign that I would tell them later with my hands under the table and I knew they have seen it because after that, they didn’t steal glances at us anymore.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

“So, how was it?”

“Did it turn well?”

“She is willing to lend hers, isn’t she?”

“She fell for your charm, right?”

“Speak!”

They bombarded me with questions right after the bell for going home was rung.

“Guys, it won’t work!” I said.

“What do you mean?” They both asked in unison, feeling surprised.

“Because the theme of every group is different!” I explained to them.

“Damn it!”

“Why damn it?”

“Right!”

We threw glances to each-others while slowly smirks plastered on our faces as we shouted, “HOORAY!”

Yes, that meant, we would do plan D! And plan D must work!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Updated!

I hope you guys enjoy this onel! 

And please do comment^^ Comments really help me to know what you guys think about this story and to improve my mistake too! SO please, leave comments :D

And guys, thank you for your support! And of course, for getting this featured!^^

~janeloveexo~