∞ Chapter 2 ∞

Hysteric

“Hello?” He whispered to the person on the other line.

 

“Sungyeol-ah!” A shaken and desperate voice screeched from the other end. The high pitch of the voice forced Sungyeol to pull the phone a few inches away from his ear in order to avoid hearing damage.

 

“Calm down and tell me what happened, Auntie.” He commanded a bit forcefully.

 

“Your mom just fainted in the market today! You have to come back to Yongin now!”

 

Sungyeol was stunned into silence. "Sungyeol! Yah! Sungyeol, are you there?!"

 

"O-oh... I'm here... I'll be there as soon as I can." He replied hastily, hanging up as soon as his aunt replied with a simple "hurry". Sungyeol allowed the phone to fall from his hand and into his lap at he stared hesitantly at his hands. Realizing that he was actually shaking, Sungyeol let out an uneven breath in a feeble attempt to calm his nerves.

 

However, as he stared emotionlessly at his hands he bgan to think of worse case senarios. She had collapsed? What had happened? Was she sick? Did someone hurt her? -Poison her? -Hit her? 

 

There were too many possibilities.

 

"Who was that yeol?" Myungsoo asked, staring curiously at Sungyeol who looked as though he'd have a mental breakdown any minute.

 

"It was... my aunt. She said that my mom fainted... I need to head to Yongin and check on her." He muttered, still carefully watching his shaking hands.

 

"Alone?" Sunggyu piped up. As the leader is was his job to look after the members. Weather or not they were minors didn't really matter, he was responsible for their general well being -- Not to mention he might just care too much -- and sending a distraught member of his extended 'family', and one of the youngest at that, off to Yongin by himself didn't sound like the most sensible thing to do. "We'll go with you." It wasn't a suggestion, it was a statement.  

 

"Yeah, we'll head out with you." Woohyun offered in an enthusiastic tone, attempting to ignore the blantant disrespect that Sunggyu had just shown to the boy's personal life. "It's boring here anyway."

 

The whole group nodded in approval at Woohyun's words. The dorm was just a boring box of concrete and wood without the boys to liven it up. -And Sungyeol, Woohyun, and Sunggyu gone they would have three less people to pick on, tease, and play with anyway -- Of course they were going to go along with Sungyeol, what else were they supposed to do?

 

"Are you guys sure?" Sungyeol offered, scratching his head unsurely. "I'm not so sure about this... You guys might get hurt or something." Sungyeol knew his hyung's and if anything were to go wrong during the trip, his hyung's would have something to do with it.

 

"Don't worry so much, Yeol. We're big boys, we'll be alright!" Hoya laughed, lightly punching Sungyeol's shoulder in assurance. Hoya; Ever the relaxed one.

 

"Alright... If you guys say so..." He replied, still unsure about letting them tag along. Something was just bound to go wrong...

 

"Alright, everyone pack up your things. We're leaving first thing tomorrow morning!" Sunggyu snapped, pointing almost generally towards the direction of the shared rooms.

 

-And with those words the dorm buzzed with excitement. Everyone excitedly packed up their things; arguing over who's shirt belonged to whom, and who stole who's underwear. It was such a homey scene, one that would seem to mark the perfect ending to a perfect movie. However, one person felt the unsettling feeling that drifted just above the boy's heads. He was the one who stared at the ceiling in worry after everyone was packed and in bed, fast sleep. The one who was still trying to convince himself that everyone would be fine. -That the unsettling feeling in his stomach meant nothing. -That he had just eaten something wrong, or that his hyung's had secretly slipped some month old leftovers into his dinner. -But despite his best attempts to rationalize the feeling, he still knew that something was going to go terribly wrong... He was just waiting for it.

 

The next mornig was a mix of coffee, unsanitary devouring of rice, and milk drunk straight from the carton. The dorm was a mess, and, despite the fact that everyone was supposed to be packed the night before, Sunggyu was lagging behind with a still empty duffle bag.

 

"HYUNG! Faster!" Sungyeol whined, "Why are you bringing such a big bag anyway?! We're only going to visit my mom!" SungYeol asked the leader, tapping his foot impatiently as he stood in the door of the leader's room.

 

"Alright, alright! I'm done! Gosh!" Sunggyu complained, rushing out with his overflowing bag in hand.

"What's that bag for?!" Dongwoo asked, shocked at how big the backpack was. 

"For emergency things! We might get into accidents, 'ya know! Better be safe then sorry!" SungGyu explained making hand gestures.

"AISH! Let's just go!" SungYeol said going out to the door.

Everyone followed SungYeol to the bus stop as they waiting for the bus going to Yongin.

 

[YONGIN PROVINCE]

Sungyeol hurriedly called his aunt and asked her where they are.

"Arrassoyo Imo~ We'll be right there!" SungYeol puts his phone down and tell his group that they're in the hospital nearby. After they arrived at the hospital they hurriedly went to SungYeol's mom's room to check on his mom. 

"UMMAAAAAAA!" SungYeol runs to his mom and sits down beside her. "Kwenchanayo Umma? Are you alright???"

"Aigooo~ I'm alright son~" Mom said while her son's hair. 

"She just got stressed out." The aunt said. "Sorry SungYeol, for worrying you"

''Anni! It's alright!" SungYeol said, relieved.

"But she has to stay until tomorrow." The aunt informed him.

"We'll stay here for the night then!" SungYeol exclaimed.

SungYeol then ran out of his mom's hospital room and ran to his group and told them the news.

"HYUNGS! SUNGJONG! MYUNGSOO!" SungYeol shouted as he ran up to the group, earning some glares from the nurses.

"Whoa! Whoa! Yeollie, come down!" Hoya told SungYeol as he laughed.

"What's up? You seem to be in a good mood!" SungGyu told him as he smiled.

"Can we stay over tonight, PLEASE???" SungYeol asked with his aegyo.

The rest laughed at how childish he was asking but the rest complied to it anyway.

 

[LATER THAT NIGHT IN ONE OF THE EMPTY HOSPITAL ROOMS]

Infinite was preparing to go to sleep as they laid down on their beds and tried to get a comfortable position to fall asleep...

Not so long after, all of them had drifted off to dream land...

 

-SungYeol's Dream-

A little girl around 6 years old was walking down the hall with a tall woman, holding her hand. 

"Mommy, where are we going?" asked the child.

"We're going to an important event Alessa." The mom said.

"Alright Mommy!" said the child who was by the name of Alessa.

"We're here darling! Now follow them and I'll catch up ok?" The Mom said to the child as they came upon a big building and pushed her towards woman standing infront of the door.

The child hesitantly followed the women inside a large room. A tall, pleasant looking woman came near the mom and said, "Well done, Dahlia." The woman went in the room and closed the doors.

....

"Mommy! It's burns! It's hot!!!", said Alessa, who is shackled around a large iron ring and was laid over a pit of burning coals. Suddenly, one of the chains holding onto the ring broke which caused the ring to fall and the pit spilled setting the whole building on fire.

 

SungYeol suddenly wakes up and goes to the bathroom then washes his face. While he was washing his face, he felt as if someone was staring at him from behind. When he looked into the mirror, he saw a little girl standing behind him.

SungYeol was shocked. But when he turned around, no one was behind him.

He was now scared... He rushed out of the bathroom and back to the room where the others were sleeping. He slowly laid back down, trying to go to sleep again...

 


 

Author's notes: 

BENSON; AIGOOOO! This chapter is so fail!!!! huhuhuhuhu! I hope this won't make you leave me!!! I'm still learning~ [old]

CASLIN; Almost completely edited. XD