∞ Chapter 1 ∞

Hysteric

 

Laughing reverberated off the iron gates of the school as a group of rowdy boys dashed from its grounds. It seemed like a great day to just skip school and enjoy their lives as teenagers. The sun was shining brightly in the sky as the puffy white clouds floated just beyond reach. The group rushed as far from the high school as possible, not sure whether they continued to run from the guard or because of the soft breeze that caressed their faces as they ran.

 

The boys looked like some kind of angry mob from afar as they rushed down the empty street and out into the city. They didn’t even stop to think about how they might appear to pedestrians as they continued to laugh, and run aimlessly down the road. To anyone they might look like a group of gangster that got a kick out of beating some poor kid senseless, but they didn’t care. They were a family having fun.

 

Their story as the ‘Infinite family’ started on their first day of school. The boys had all come from different parts of Korea -- Some lived in Daegu, while others lived deep in the depths of Seoul or Busan – and had come to Seoul High of their parent’s request -- They all lived different lives, with different personalities, but they were still, somehow, a perfect fit for one another. The day had started and ended smoothly for the boys. It was a day full of meets, greets, laughter, and sarcastic jokes. They were an instant fit for one another despite their differences.

 

Only minutes after disappearing out the school gates the group had come to a halt at a café a few miles away. It was a tiny café, not nearly large enough to fit all seven of them, but they made do and squished their way into the booth – some having to be sat on to make room for them all.

 

“Hyung!!” The youngest whined angrily as his elder for being so girlish. Sungjong had never taken being called gay very well. He looked girly, he’d admit that. Maybe he even had a better fashion sense than some girls, but he certainly wasn’t any less manly than his hyungs were. However, his hyungs just continued to chuckle heartily as their maknae attempted to seem more manly.

 

Everyone was happy -Ecstatic even. Their past week had seemed almost surreal. It’s like the world was turning perfectly, and the stars seemed to align in their favor -- It’s like something was watching over them. However Sungyeol had felt uneasy ever since the sky had begun to darken, signaling that the night was near. He felt as though something was going to go drastically wrong, and he wasn’t far off.

 

That night, everything changed – Not for the better.

 

After arriving back at the dorm’s that night they had enjoyed a heartwarming dinner together -- There were jokes, shoving, and even the occasional handful of peas launched from straws. It was a typical family dinner, something that you would expect to see out of a drama. They’d played, and joked until all the food was either wasted or eaten, and only then did they retreat to the T.V to watch ‘I Give My First Love To You’.

 

They had barely started the movie, still watching little Mayu struggle to pull down Takuma’s pants as Sungyeol’s cell phone rang loudly throughout the room. Sungyeol fumbled with it, quickly answering just as his hyungs began complaining.

 

“Hello?” He whispered to the person on the other line.

 

“Sungyeol-ah!” A shaken and desperate voice screeched from the other end. The high pitch of the voice forced Sungyeol to pull the phone a few inches away from his ear in order to avoid hearing damage.

 

“Calm down and tell me what happened, Auntie.” He commanded albeit forcefully.

 

“Your mom just fainted in the market today! You have to come back to Yongin now!”

 

 


 

 

A/N: BENSON YOU PABO!!! YOU LEFT OUT SOME OF MY EDITED INFORMATION!!! DX It didn't flow well!!!!!

                                                                                                                                               --Cassie