Secret Notes

I Wish, I See - TaeNy Drabbles

I dab off the sweat dripping from my neck and hair. As I approach my duffel bag, I can't help but anticipate what would be next to be presented to me.

These days, I've been getting a lot of notes. Cute little notes with definite feminine handwriting and sometimes a little gift would tag along. No doubt it was that  Hwang girl from Calculus. She somehow always got into my bag as I practiced.

Hi! Hope you're doing well. Drink this and keep working hard! - is an example of one note I found a few days ago. The message was written hastily on a small sticky-note and attached to a carton of juice.

I ped the duffel as I squeezed water into my mouth from a bottle and again, I found a sticky-note. This time it accompanied a red USB drive. This is the first time I've ever received a gift that wasn't food or edible of some sort. It intrigued me.

The note held a clear message. Watch this.

 

When I got home, I decided to plug in the USB to my small laptop that I was able to obtain after months of part-time work and saving up. There was only a video file named Dear Taeyeon. I hovered the cursor over the file for a moment before double clicking, ensuring that I opened the video.

"Hi Taeyeon! This is Tiffany." She looked like she was trying hard. I smiled at the sight of her face.

She continued, "So, I hope you now can figure out that I was the one filling up your bag with messages. I'm sorry if it was bothersome! But since you didn't really react negatively to them I assumed you liked them." I appreciated them greatly, Tiffany.

"Anyway, I'm sorry for being a coward hiding behind a camera lens recording myself." She rolled her eyes at the sky as if scolding herself for being nervous about this. She then looked straight at the camera. "I really like you."

I smiled.

"I really, really, really, like you. I was wondering if we could hang out anytime soon? We could go to the park just to talk. Or I could come to your practice and wait for you so we can leave together. Anything is fine really, I hope we could just... hang out." She finished her sentence bringing her head down to look at the ground, strands of hair covering her adorable face.

"God, you're so lame, Tiff." I heard an off-screen voice say. This voice was completely different than Tiffany's. Where hers were silky and smooth, this one had rough edges.

The video became violently shaky, as if someone was repositioning the camera. When it came to a stable screen again, I saw a new face. Very up close and personal with the lens.

"So, Taeyeon. Hello, my name is Hyoyeon. I'm Tiffany's friend. She asked me to help her film this message except honestly, I think she needs a lot more than just help to film." She sighed. "The girl likes you, ask her out, reject her, do something about it. But something means be VERY clear, alright Taeyeon? If you even give her the slightest chance of false hope, so help me God, I will hunt you down myself."

I was taken aback at the attitude this Hyoyeon girl had at me, a complete stranger to her. Even if it was through the camera that was uncalled for.

The video ended with Tiffany giving me her contact info and when she would usually be the most available.

Should I call her?

I like her too.

Like... like like. Not just 'like'.

 

I called her right away.