Paper Stars

I Wish, I See - TaeNy Drabbles

People tell me things. A lot of things. I seem to be the one that everyone trusts when it comes to secrets.

I would sit in class, minding my own business. Next thing I know, some person I never even noticed was sitting down in front of me ready to pour their tears and sorrow to me.

What did I do to deserve this?

"Hi, Taeyeon..." A girl pulled a chair to face me.

I raised my eyebrow.

Her eyes were darting around nervously but refused to meet my line of sight.

"What do you want?"

"Um, I know you don't know me..."

"Obviously."

She just scrunched her face up at me. It was pretty cute to say the least.

"I want your advice on something."

I was waiting for her to continue but she seemed to be awaiting a response.

"Mhm?" I urged, wanting this to go by quickly.

"And... um..."

"Get on with it."

"I like girls!" She blurted. She instantly shut her jaw and pulled backward, no doubt expecting me to lash out at her for being gay.

"So what's the problem?" I continued casually. I feigned uninterest but deep down I admired her for coming out to me, a total stranger, like that.

"Huh?" She made cute noise as she realized that my tone of voice was calm, level. She then moved to put her face directly in front of mine. "You don't hate my kind of people?"

Bothered, I palmed her face and pushed it away. "Your kind? You make it sound like we're an entire different species."

She paused and just stared at me for while. "We're?" She asked softly.

Ah crap. I'm in for some deep now. "Uh... yeah. We... right," I cleared my throat, "I'm gay. Also."

Her eyes widened at the confession. I wanted nothing more to crawl back into the shell that I've built for myself over the years. How did she squeeze it out of me so easily when all I did to others was just push them away?

"Taeyeon..."

I cleared my throat yet again and grunted, trying to get this to end as quickly and painlessly as possible.

"Tiffany, I don't really understand why you're telling me this."

"Tae-"

"It's not that bad of a thing to live with, I mean sure you can be bullied and degraded-"

"Taeye-"

"But it's not like you'll be found out if you just keep it a secret, right?"

She stopped her interjections as yet again, she stared searchingly into my eyes. Averting mine seemed to be the best idea because the shivers I felt crawling up my spine told me she was looking straight into my soul. And I decided that I didn't like it.

"Taeyeon," Tiffany started slowly, "I'm not just telling you this without a reason. Everything happens for a reason."

I calmed my breathing rate and connected our line of vision. "And for what reason is yours?"

She thought for a moment. Okay, deep breath. She audibly took one too. "My reason?" She then continued,

 

 

"It's because I like you."

 


Oh squeal. I'm writing more fluff nowadays. Like many of you like it. Gross.