A Good Day

I Wish, I See - TaeNy Drabbles

I looked over at Taeyeon who had a longing gaze over the horizon. Sure, the scenery around us was beautiful but she was even more breathtaking. In my eyes, anyway.

"I wish we could stay here forever." She spoke in a soft voice. "It would be amazing. Every day like this with new adventures."

I leaned my bicycle on its kickstand and joined her standing on the edge of the cliff.

She turned towards me and beamed with pure joy as I grinned in return. "Don't you think so?"

"Yeah. I think so." My eyes roamed her face as I said so, the face that I would never get tired of seeing.

"Oh! Look look! I see a sea lion!" She exclaimed jumping up and down like a child in a zoo. I traced her pointing finger to the body of water hundreds of meters below us.

"Where? I can't see anything." The glare and reflection from the sun blinded me.

"Over there. Don't you see it?"

When I still shook my head, she grabbed my arm and pulled me to stand where she formerly was. She then extended an arm over my shoulder to direct me to the cute creatures.

"Don't you see them? They're so adorable!"

But instead, I turned my head to look at her straight on. Her eyes showed wild excitement but they slowly became calm as she saw that I looked at her with tranquility.

"What?" She questioned.

I just stared at her.

"Seriously, Tiffany. What's wrong?"

"Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?" I whispered.

Silence. But then she opened again.

"What did you say? I can't hear you, the wind is noisy." She said loudly.

I faced her with my whole body and pulled her into an embrace, hiding my blushing face in the crook of her neck as I did so.

"You're the best." I changed my words.

She was a bit surprised, however she brought her arms up around me and smiled.

"I know."