He realized

You are my sunshine

Yonghwa was startled by jungshin’s sudden question. He tried to replay his words again in his mind to get the correct meaning. He came back to his senses when jungshin shook his arm hardly.

“Yah.. hyung.. answer me.. you love your best friend right?”, jungshin repeated his question.

“What do you mean by that jungshin ah? Whom do you refer as my best friend?”

“don’t worry hyung.. I didn’t mean seohyun”, jungshin chuckled.

Yonghwa sighed in relief but his eyes widened again hearing jungshin’s next question.

“I am speaking about Shinhye.. don’t you love her?”

“Shinhye.. Shinhye is my best friend.. nothing more than that”, yonghwa stammered avoiding eye contact with jungshin.

“Come on hyung.. Accept it already.. if there is nothing between you and shinhye, why did you react that way earlier?”

“That is because I am mad. Wait.. how did you know about that?”

Jungshin laughed hard before calming down himself and giving a punch at yonghwa’s shoulder.

“Hyung.. you are really stupid. That is not anger.. that is jealousy. Actually I stopped at the literature department to meet my friend, it is when I witnessed your jealousy”, jungshin stressed the last word and started laughing again.

Yonghwa was about to ask something when their teacher entered the class. Jungshin tapped his shoulder with an assuring smile and ran inside followed by the confused yonghwa.

Seohyun’s pov:

I think shinhye had already apologized to yong. I couldn’t even speak to him after that.. thanks to jungshin!! Now they are entering the class behind our professor.. I have to wait for this class to complete to know what happened with yong and shinnie.

Yonghwa could not concentrate in the class anymore. All he could hear is only Jungshin’s words. He smiled liked an idiot, not caring about the people around him. Seohyun gave him a confused look and nudged his elbow.

He winked at her and mouthed, ‘Shinnie is writing for us’. Seohyun could not control herself and clapped her hands in joy, earning a strict glare from the professor.

Seohyun and yonghwa was on their way to shinhye’s home. Yonghwa’s heart started racing fast as they near the home.

Yonghwa’s pov:

Omo.. why am I feeling like this? Aaaahhhh.. we came.. how will I face shinnie?? I hope she will not out find my feelings.. if not for jungshin’s advice, I would have not figured it out.

This is my best friend’s home.. I have been to this house so many times before. Though I feel something more than friendship, I cannot lose her friendship at any cost.

Seohyun: yah yong.. you are spaced out and smiling yourself again..

Yonghwa: hyunnie.. I am just happy for meeting shinnie.

Shinhye’s mother welcomed them and said that shinhye is not home yet. She made them to sit in the living room and went back to kitchen to get them something to drink.

They were enjoying their drink and discussing about their song when someone came inside. Yonghwa looked at the door excitedly but his expression changed immediately looking at the person coming with shinhye.

Woobin: oh.. yonghwa.. seohyun.. you are here..

Yonghwa walked towards them and circled his arm around shinhye’s shoulder and said, “we came to meet our best friend..”

Shinhye just smiled and reached for seohyun who hugged her tight.

Seohyun: I missed you badly shinnie.. thanks for helping us.

Shinhye: yah.. no thanks between us. Atleast we can spend more time together like before.

The girls were taking their own time. On the other hand yonghwa grew jealous again seeing how woobin was looking at shinhye.

Yonghwa: woobin ah.. are you not getting late for the part time job?

Woobin: I still have time for that yonghwa ah.. moreover how can I go without drinking eommoni’s delicious drink?

Woobin smiled at shinhye’s mom who brought a class of juice for him. He settled in the couch next to shinhye and seohyun. Yonghwa stamped his leg to the floor and frowned.

Yonghwa: woobin ah.. you can sit with me here.. I think that couch is not comfortable for three.

Woobin: I am okay with this yonghwa. (Then he turned his look to shinhye again) Shinhye why don’t you have your juice? Drink this..

He offered the glass in his hand but yonghwa stopped him by holding his arm.

Woobin: yah.. yonghwa.. what are you doing?

Yonghwa: Shinnie don’t like that juice..

Woobin looked at shinhye. She nodded and smiled at yonghwa. Yonghwa showed his toothy grin and went to kitchen to get her favourite juice.

Yonghwa’s pov:

Yayy.. I gained a point woobin. I know her more than you. Are you trying to impress her?? no way!!

After yonghwa came back, all four were drinking their juices silently when woobin started the conversation again.

Woobin: shinhye ah.. I am free tomorrow. Since it is the weekend, can we hangout together?

Shinhye: Mianne woobin ah.. I can’t come tomorrow. I must help hyunnie and yong.

He smiled weakly and looked at yonghwa who had a prideful smile plastered all over his face.

Yonghwa’s pov:

Better luck next time Kim woobin!! But why is he acting strangely?? Does he like shinhye too?? Oh my god.. then I have a heavy completion. But I won’t be that easy to let her go to him.

Yonghwa smirked on seeing woobin leaving the home and closing the door behind. Then he followed seohyun and shinhye to her room.