Why do I miss you??

You are my sunshine

After few hours of peaceful sleep, shinhye woke up with a call from seohyun. She was worried about the previous day’s incident that she came to know from yonghwa.

Shinhye: I’m alright hyunnie.. and I swear not to travel alone.

Seohyun: that’s good girl. Get ready now.. I will wait for you at our bus stop.

Shinhye: ok.. sure..

They hung up the call and got ready for the first day of second year. One hour later, she met seohyun at their bus stop.

Seohyun gave her a tight hug and that showed how much she missed her best friend. They were waiting for yonghwa to join.

Seohyun: why is yong so late today? Should I call him to check?

Shinhye: lets wait for few more minutes. We are early to class anyhow.

Seohyun: yeah.. you are right.. but.. aaahhh…. Look.. he is coming.

Shinhye’s pov:

Yong came with a toothy grin plastered on his face. Why is my heart racing fast? This is not the first time I’m seeing him or his smile. Then why?? When he came close and gave me a pat, I missed a heartbeat. No.. he is my best friend.. I should move such thoughts away from my mind.

Yonghwa: shinnie.. are you still dreaming about your vacation at Busan?

Shinhye: hmmm.. yes..

Yonghwa: come back to reality or else you will miss the bus. (he chuckled at her and pointed towards the bus that is approaching their stop)

Once they reached the university, the truth that they are not going to be in the same class anymore hit them badly.

It is the second year in which they actually select their majors. Though they were excited to go behind their dreams but being separated is really hard for them.

Yonghwa and Seohyun chose music while Shinhye chose literature.

Yonghwa aspires to become a music composer, shinhye, a writer and seohyun, a singer.

Shinhye entered her new class. There were few people she already knew and she just smiled at them and sat at a desk quietly. Though they were friendly with her, she missed her best friends, seohyun and yonghwa.

Finally there goes the bell indicating the lunch break. She was excited and almost ran to the cafeteria. Seohyun and yonghwa also came at the same time.

Yonghwa: shinnie.. how is your class? (“I missed you to the hell. Do you feel the same way”, he thought to himself)

Shinhye: its good but I really missed you guys.

Seohyun: me too dear.. (pouted sadly and gave her a hug)

Yonghwa: girls.. stop your drama.. I’m hungry.

Shinhye: ok.. ok.. lets eat.. (“don’t you miss me yong? And why does this hurt me? Omo.. what am I thinking??”, she questioned herself moving her stare away from him)

Then they had their lunch with usual jokes and laughs. Suddenly yonghwa’s face light up and he waved his hand to someone.

Yonghwa: woo bin.. here.. come here..

Woobin approached them and occupied the empty seat opposite to shinhye. Shinhye and seohyun looked yonghwa for introduction.

Yonghwa: this is Kim Woobin.. he is my friend at my part-time work. Actually he is the one who recommended me for the job.

The girls bowed to him and yonghwa introduced them to woo bin.

Shinhye: since when you are working part-time yong? I don’t remember you telling me about that.

Yonghwa bit his tongue as if he spilled out something to be secret and tried to make it up.

Yonghwa: well shinnie.. I’m working at a coffee shop… just joined 2 days before.. I was about to tell you today evening…

Shinhye was not satisfied with this answer. She thought that something was wrong. But couldn’t continue the topic as yonghwa excused himself to leave first.

Seohyun: I too have to leave shinnie. Take care.. we will wait for you at the gate after the class.

Shinhye: oh.. ok hyunnie.. see you evening..

Now shinhye and woo bin were left alone and none of them started a conversation. So there was a silence.

After completing her lunch, shinhye excused herself to leave first and woobin bowed back to her. While she was on the way to her class, she felt that woobin is following her.

Shinhye’s pov:

Why this friend of yong is following me.. does he need to tell me anything? Or am I over reacting? If I walk slow, he will go past me..

She walked slowly until woobin crossed her and went ahead. Shinhye cursed her for being too silly and headed to her class. She was surprised to see woobin in her class. He smiled at her and and tapped the empty seat next to him.