A new beginning

You are my sunshine

When Shinhye entered her class after the lunch, woobin smiled at her and tapped the free seat next to him.

“you haven’t changed at all shinhye..”, woobin started the conversation after a long silence.

“Excuse me.. what did you say?”, Shinhye looked confused.

“I said You haven’t changed since I last seen you”

“You know me already??”

“We attended the same middle school”, woobin smiled at her.

“Chincha.. Mianhe.. I couldn’t remember you”, shinhye apologized sincerely.

“its okay shinhye. I know that you were not close with anyone.. you cared only about the studies”

“yeah.. I was a very lonely person back then”

“but I guess you are not a lonely person anymore”, he smiled mischievously.

“oh.. yes.. I have my best friends seohyun and yonghwa”

He held out his hand asking, “friends??”

Shinhye was hesitant at first but remembering seohyun’s advice to be social, she reached for his hand and said friends smiling at him.

 

Yonghwa and seohyun reached their class. Since the teacher is late, seohyun decided to start the conversation.

“Yong.. what is with the part time job?? You didn’t tell me too..”

“mianhe hyunnie.. I really thought of telling you both today evening”

“okay.. but why do you need a job all of sudden??”

“I just don’t want to disturb my parents for pocket money anymore..”, he smiled at her.

She smiled back and was about to ask something. But then the teacher entered the class and started giving instructions regarding their assignments.

Yonghwa’s pov:

Sorry hynnie.. I cannot tell anything to you now. Because I myself is not sure about my feelings and what I am doing.. when the right time comes, I will let you know surely.. thank god.. the teacher interrupted our conversation.

“Students.. listen to me.. I have an assignment or you to complete in 1 month. You will be in pairs to work for this assignment. And you will select your pair from the lot”.

Seohyun’s pov:

Select your pair from the lot?? This is interesting. Who will be paired up with me?? I think I will get a good partner.

Students came one by one to select their pair. And it was yonghwa’s turn to select. Being friendly with almost everyone in the class, yonghwa thought that he could complete this assignment with anyone he gets.

He picked a lot and opened it.. to his surprise, it was seohyun.. his best friend. He ran quickly to her and grabbed her hands shouting, “you are my partner hyunnie…”

Seohyun: that’s great yong.. lets work hard.. fighting.

Yonghwa showed the fighting symbol too.

“students.. now you all know your partner. Your assignment is to compose a song on any theme”.

Student 1: but sir.. we just started our classes today.

Teacher: I know that.. you will have classes and workshops for first 3 weeks and you can complete the assignment the last week.

Student 2: then why did you divide us into pairs now itself sir??

Teacher: its because I want you to get along well with your partner. (he winked at his students)

 

Shinhye was waiting for her friends at the school entrance. She has been waiting for 30 mins already but there is no sign of yonghwa or seohyun.

Shinhye’s pov:

What is taking them so long?? Omma told me to come home early today.. what should I do?? Oh.. yong... hyunnie… please come soon… don’t let me go home alone..

Then there was a beep sound from her mobile. She got a message from yonghwa.

sorry shinnie.. our class is getting late.. don’t wait for us.. go home safely.. see you tomorrow

Shinhye sighed on seeing the message. So she had to go home alone.. no other option. She walked slowly to the bus stop.

Suddenly she realized someone walking very close to her. She was startled and turned to see the person. It was none other than Woobin with his caring smile.

Shinhye: oh.. woobin.. you startled me.. (she pouts)

Woobin: shinhye.. you are so cute when you pout.

Shinhye: what?? (she stopped walking and looks him with her eyes widened)

Woobin: come on… we are going to be late to home if we miss the bus.

Woobin smiled again and grabbed her arms and pushed her slowly to continue walking.