New to me

You are my sunshine

Shinhye was rushing to the class since she was already late. She heard someone calling out her name loudly. She was surprised to see a boy running towards her. Though they were from same department, she doesn’t even know his name. He stopped at her, breathing heavily and handed over a book.

“hi shinhye.. can you please give this to seohyun and tell her that I’m taking a leave today?”

“okay.. but excuse me.. may I know your name?”, shinhye felt bad for asking him like that.

Yonghwa is really shocked to hear that question.

“what.. you don’t even know my name.. I may be a transfer student. But still, it was already 1 month since I joined your class”.

“I’m sorry”

“Never mind.. we can deal with this later.. it is getting late. You better go to the class”, yonghwa left with a smile.

Shinhye gave the book to seohyun and asked for that guy’s name. seohyun gave her questioning glare because it is not usual for shinhye to enquire about a guy.

“why do you want to know his name?”

“because it is embracing to ask him”

“you must get over your shyness and be more friendly with everyone, shinhye. And it is easy to have friendship with yonghwa. We became friends at our first meeting itself.. you know.. ”, seohyun laughed brightly.

“I will try my best, seohyun. Please convey my apology to him”

“why should I? you do it by yourself”

“seohyun… wont you help your friend?”, shinhye pouted with puppy eyes.

“I’m sorry my dear.. All I can do is to give you his contact number”.

 Seohyun’s pov:

I’m helping you to be social shinhye.. That is very essential for your professional career too. So endure it for now.

That evening, Shinhye called Yonghwa to apologize. Yonghwa didn’t mind about her not knowing his name and introduced himself casually. After a few minutes of random talks, they ended the call.

Shinhye’s pov:

Seohyun is right.. he is very friendly. And I feel some kind of relief after apologizing to him. It is good to speak out openly. 

Next day, shinhye was in a coffee shop near the university with her friends. Yonghwa passed by her and greeted with a smile. She wanted to greet him back but the fact that they were in public place made her stop her action. She didn’t even acknowledge his presence. So he left the place disappointed.

Due to her ignorance, yonghwa got angry. He never felt like that before. He thought of calling her to ask for explanation but before that she called him. He attended the call and said seriously,

“I’m angry with you”

“I’m really sorry yonghwa. I didn’t mean to hurt you. I am used to be casual with my friends only”

 “So you didn’t consider me as your friend.. right? ”

“It is not like that.. It is new to me to…”

Before she could complete, yonghwa cutoff her by saying, “It is new to me too.. this is the first time I’ve been ignored. Alright.. I will not embrace you with my friendship. Good Bye!”