Chapter 9

Wanderlust: An EXO Fanfiction

Without thinking, Tao leapt forward, forgetting his fear for the moment as he tackled the fiend. The clown grunted as they tumbled to the ground, with Kuri and Tao landing on top of him. The knife clattered to the ground as Tao tried to pry Kuri out of the clown's death grip, until at last, with a groan, they broke free, but Kuri continued to sit on the ground, tears flowing freely down her face as she sobbed in fear, visibly shaking. The clown was lying on the floor, groaning as he tried to catch his breath.

"Come on, let's go." Tao tugged at Kuri's hand, trying to get her to move, but she wouldn't budge and curled up instead, shaking harder than ever from the shock.

Tao sighed in exasperation before scooping her up into his arms, trying to walk out steadily. The adrenaline rush that had powered him only moments before had faded, leaving him somewhat trembly from the shock and fear.

As soon as they exited into the bright sunlight, squinting, they caught sight of the other members, who were looking worriedly at them.

"What's wrong? Is Kuri alright?" Luhan and Chanyeol asked at the same time, as the pair drew closer to the rest of the group.

"Killer clown. It held a knife to and she went into shock, I guess." Tao shrugged, looking down at the teary girl in his arms.

"Y-you can let me down now..." She whispered, looking ashamed and blushing brightly as she wiped the tears off her face with her sleeve. She clung tightly to his shoulders as he lowered her to the floor slowly, careful not to drop her.

"There we go." He murmured as he set her on the ground, trying not to mind the mischievous grins on the others' faces.

"Are you alright?" Nessa stepped up to the younger girl, looking concerned as she pulled a pack of tissues out of her bag, before handing one to Kuri, who tried her best to clean up the mess that was her face, giving Nessa a tentative smile of thanks as she did so.

"... Coward." Baekhyun muttered, but there was no malice behind his words for once, only a lighthearted teasing tone. "What, weren't you the one screaming the loudest and shoving the most when we ran into those scare actors?" Kuri retorted playfully, a grin replacing the tears on her face. "What? No, that was definitely you. Besides, I wasn't the one crying when they ran into a killer clown." Baekhyun snickered, making a crybaby motion with his hands. "That's only because those have been my fear since I was a child okay!!" Kuri seemed almost defensive, but it was clear she didn't mind his words as she slapped his shoulder lightly with a laugh.

The others merely watched on in amazement. "When did you guys get so close?" Lay asked, confused. "Since the apology." Kuri smirked, turning to Baekhyun. "Probably the only time he's apologised to someone in like forever." She added, to the murmured agreements of the others, who were grinning at her words.

"Yeah, I don't even remember him apologising to ME when he bullied me." Luhan piped up, making Baekhyun glance at him in amusement.

"Fine, I'm sorry, alright?" He laughed, ruffling Luhan's hair. "You're such a petty deer." he continued, pinching Luhan's cheek, to which he reacted by puffing them out in mock irritation.

"And you're such a noisy beagle." Luhan replied, reaching over to pinch Baekhyun's cheek with a grin.

"Guys, I hate to interrupt, but look!! Bumper car rides!" Kai pointed excitedly at the ring where brightly coloured cars were slamming into each other, each car occupied by a pair of laughing people, screaming as they drove their vehicles right into others.

"Let's go let's go!!" Tao seemed to get pumped up again, forgetting the horrors of the haunted house as he jumped in excitement and jogged towards the queue, looking back impatiently every so often to check if the others were following. At the end of the queue was a very familiar back view of someone who appeared to be in a very animated conversation with a brunette, and as they approached, the voice of said familiar person became apparent.

"Suho hyung?" Kai asked in amazement, approaching the pair. "You never told us you had a girlfriend!!" He looked from him to the girl he was speaking to, his eyes comically wide open in shock.

"A-ah!" Suho jumped like he'd been stabbed, before looking at them like a little boy who'd been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

"Oh, hey guys! This is Angela, we just met and she's been telling me about her travels overseas while writing her travel blog!" Suho seemed unusually excited as he introduced his companion, leading most of the members to smirk slyly at him.

"You guys just met and you're already clicking so well? I smell love~" Chanyeol sang, winking at his friend, who seemed to blush darker with every sentence uttered. "I totally ship this." Baekhyun added, waggling his eyebrows seductively at Suho, who buried his face in his hands.

"Stop it, you guys, you're creating a nuisance." Suho mumbled, but it was clear he minded the teasing more than the actual noise level. The others didn't question this, but kept silent, occasionally glancing at their friend with grins and a stifled giggle.

Angela remained silent through the whole thing, but it was clear she was feeling somewhat shy at the sudden increase in attention. She pushed her glasses up nervously as she watched the riders drive their bumper cars, trying not to be noticed.

It didn't work.

"So Angela and Suho hyung, when are the wedding bells going to ring~?" Kai teased, ignoring Suho's eye roll.

"Not before you and Nessa's." He smirked, his smirk widening as Kai suddenly looked panicked, blushing and stealing a glance at Nessa before focusing his gaze somewhere else.

"Oh, we're here." Kuri broke the sudden silence, and that seemed to do the trick. The boys cheered as they ran for the cars that had caught their eye, quickly grabbing partners and settling down in their seats. Kuri wound up sitting beside Kris, since they were the only two left without partners. Without a word, they settled down in their seats, with Kris taking the driver's seat.

Meanwhile, Kuri was going into hyperventilation mode, panicking as she tried to reassure herself that it was just a ride.

It's just a ride. It doesn't mean anything. It's. Just. A. Ride. She repeated this to herself over and over, trying to calm her racing heart at Kris' proximity as the buzzer counted down the seconds to the start of the ride.

As soon as the ringing went off, the cars started moving and Kuri soon forgot her awkwardness as she laughed and screamed, pointing out members for Kris to drive into, to which he happily obliged.

A whirlwind of faces flashed past her- Baekhyun, laughing and nearly falling over in Chanyeol's lap as he doubled up, Suho, driving slowly and carefully so that Angela wouldn't get hurt, and even Nessa and Kai, who had his arm around her protectively as she laughed and jerked the steering wheel to slam into other cars.

Finally, a loud ringing indicated their time was up, much to the disappointment of everyone. The cars ground to a halt, and it was thus with groans and sighs that they climbed regretfully out of the cars, before exiting through a small side gate.

"I wanna go again.." Kuri said wistfully, and the others nodded in agreement. "So let's just go queue again!" Tao said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, and they cheered and headed towards the entrance to queue up once more, like excited kids at a carnival.

As they queued up, Kuri noticed the back view of someone that looked awfully familiar. The jacket was one she remembered well, intricate letters on the back spelling out lyrics that made a icy coldness that had nothing to do with the weather steal over her heart.

"What's wrong?" Tao asked, as if sensing her discomfort. In answer, Kuri merely pointed at the boy standing in front of her.

"He was my first love."

[A/N Hello again! <3 in this chapter, I decided to bring in more characters so I can kinda switch between groups more often since well... It's a big amusement park and everyone's separated (': yup! Haha that's all I guess, till the next chapter then! ^^ thank you for stopping by and reads/reviews are always appreciated! ^^]