Chapter 3

Wanderlust: An EXO Fanfiction

The breakfast hall was bustling with activity as waiters moved to and fro, serving their guests plates piled high with food.

 

Kuri was sitting at a table in the center of the crowded place, desperately trying to focus as she typed away at her laptop while munching on the pieces of buttered toast she had managed to order.

 

"May I sit here? There are no other spaces left." A quiet voice spoke in front of her, and she looked up, almost wishing she hadn't.

 

A girl was standing in front of her- no, woman would have been a better word, she looked to be about three years older than Kuri herself, and she was dressed simply in a short black dress. Her fair skin contrasted greatly against the dark material, bringing out the darkness of her hair and eyes.

 

Kuri had never been self conscious since she had always accepted her looks as part of herself, but at that moment, all her self esteem came crashing down as she stared at the beautiful woman in front of her.

 

"Hello..?" The lady spoke again, seeming concerned.

 

Great. Now she'll think I'm retarded or something.

 

"If it's not convenient, I could go somewhere else." She said, turning to leave. "Ah, forgive me, you can sit here." Kuri quickly came back to reality and she gestured towards the seat across the table from her. "Thank you." Her companion sat down carefully, her dark gaze sweeping around the room before she caught sight of a waiter passing by. Kuri watched as she ordered a cup of tea with extra sugar and creamer, before settling back down and eyeing the laptop on the table.

 

"Forgive me for the random question, but are you a journalist?" The question took Kuri by surprise, and she looked up, noticing that most of the men in their area had turned around and were sneaking glances at the person currently in front of her. "Um.. Yes. Are you one as well..?" Kuri mentally face-palmed as she realized how idiotic she sounded. "Indeed, I work for the Star Times, here is my name card." She handed a simple white card to Kuri, and she studied it. "Miss... Kylie?" She asked hesitantly. "At your service." Kylie smiled, which changed her entire demeanor from someone intimidating to someone you wished you knew. "Oh, I almost forgot." Kuri hurriedly passed the other woman her name card, almost flushing slightly in embarrassment when she realized that her breakfast companion was none other than Nessa, a senior writer for a very famous fashion magazine, whilst Kuri herself was just a rookie in the field.

 

"Kuri?" Nessa spoke as though they were already friends. "Are you, by any chance, going to interview EXO? I heard they were in this very hotel, visiting their ex-member Kris." As soon as those words left , a group of about 11 men strolled in, each of them talking loudly as they clamored for each other's attention, laughing and shoving each other playfully.

 

"Speak of the devils." Nessa laughed, looking at them. "I interviewed them just last night. They're friendly, but a little shy so you'll have to coax answers out of them." She advised, taking a sip of the tea that just arrived, before making a face and pouring two packets of sugar and three packets of creamer in and stirring it gently. "O-Oh, um, thanks for the advice unnie." She stuttered, distracted by the sight of Kris before she caught Baekhyun's eye and shrank down, trying to hide behind her laptop.

 

"What's wrong?" Nessa asked as she glanced behind her. "I... Had a small run-in with Baekhyun yesterday. Might not be wise to let him see me-" she looked up just in time to see him scowl in her general direction before he sat down, talking animatedly with his friends.

 

"Ooh. Ouch. Doesn't seem like he likes you very much." Nessa laughed softly before she reached across the table and patted Kuri's arm soothingly. "Don't worry, they're professionals. They won't let personal matters affect their interview with you." She smiled encouragingly, getting up as she set her unfinished tea on the table. "I have some other matters to attend to, so I shall take my leave now. Best of luck with your career Kuri." With that, she swept out of the room, only pausing for a moment to have a short chat with the EXO members, laying a hand gently on Kris' shoulder for a moment before walking away.

Kuri sat back in her chair, sighing as she rubbed her temples. She knew she shouldn't feel such emotions, but at that moment, she felt something close to jealousy for the other woman. She sighed softly in defeat as she continued her work, trying her best to ignore the curious stares Kris seemed to be throwing her way.

[A/N] Sorry for the late  update!! Been busy with exams recently >< But I hope you guys will enjoy this rather short (?) chapter! Thanks for reading and remember to comment/vote if you liked it!