Chapter 5

Wanderlust: An EXO Fanfiction

The place was filled with chatter as the eleven boys stepped through the doorway into their hotel room. Some of them immediately went to the plush couch and armchairs set around the television and plopped down, while the other members rummaged around for drinks and snacks.

 

Fifteen minutes later, the soft drone of the television was the only thing that filled the silence, along with the occasional rustling from the snack packs.

 

It was only when the credits for the movie started playing that Chanyeol spoke.

 

“I think that journalist just now was rather nice. It seems like a long time since we had someone we could talk so freely with right?” he asked, and several members nodded their heads in agreement.

 

"I think Nessa is better though." Baekhyun interrupted, "that other girl today was a bit awkward and not really professional at all. I mean, who wears THAT to an interview?" He folded his arms, a stubborn frown on his voice.

 

"You only said that because she spilt coffee on you." Chanyeol shot back, eyeing his fellow member carefully for a reaction. Baekhyun simply huffed and looked away, pouting slightly.

 

"Speaking of Nessa..." Suho quickly tried to diffuse the tension, "isn't she a childhood friend of Kris'?" He asked curiously, turning to their recent ex-member.

 

"Yeah, she is. Why?" Kris was toying absentmindedly with the star charm bracelet Kuri had given him only an hour before, looking up at the other with a poker face.

 

"Just wondering." Suho said quickly, though it looked like he had something more to say.

 

"He probably wants to find out whether they're dating secretly." Kai snickered, earning a soft whack from Suho, who furiously tried to defend himself. "I mean, she's pretty and all, so I thought you two, would, um... Yeah." He finished lamely and Kris laughed. "No, no, we're not dating. But she has ridiculously high standards, so if any of you want to go after her, good luck." Kris said with a smirk, not noticing that Kai's face paled slightly.

 

"I think Kuri-sshi's bias would have been Kris actually, she kept looking at him during the interview just now and blushing." Tao changed the subject, grinning at his friend. "And how do you know that?" Kris asked, "But it doesn't matter, it's not like I'm interested in her or anything." He tossed the bracelet aside, stretching out on the carpet with a soft sigh. "Why? I think she's nice." Tao argued, and Kris looked at him in amusement "don't tell me you like her?" "Yeah, I do like her, as a friend." Tao said quickly, much to the amusement of the other members. "But no matter what it is, none of us can date her anyway, so there's no point in this conversation." Baekhyun muttered, and the others turned to him. "Why?" Chen asked, looking confused. "Because given our schedule, do you think we would have time to date?" Baekhyun said it as though it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Says the person who's dating someone right now." Sehun smirked. "Well at least my schedule won't clash as much with my girlfriend's." Baekhyun argued, blushing lightly.

 

Just then, their manager walked in, interrupting the conversation, or playful argument was more like it, looking at them with a pleased smile. "The company that the journalist from today came from has just contacted me, they want to do a special article that involves what you guys do in your free time so we're all going on a trip tomorrow. In addition, Kuri-sshi will be coming with us as she has been tasked with writing this article. Therefore, please rest early tonight and meet Kuri and I in the lobby at ten in the morning tomorrow." He turned to walk out before he seemed to remember something. Oh. And Luhan will be flying in tonight to join us for the trip tomorrow. That will be all." The door closed gently behind him as he left, the stunned silence broken only by Baekhyun cursing quietly under his breath.

 

~meanwhile in another part of the hotel~

 

Kuri was organizing her notes when her phone beeped, indicating a message.

 

Meet EXO at ten tomorrow morning at the lobby. You're going out with them for a day. Remember to write a good article. (:

 

Wait. What. Seriously?!

 

Yes, now go pack and have fun (;

 

In a daze, Kuri sat on her bed, staring at the words in disbelief.

 

A day... Out... With EXO..?

 

Am I really this lucky?

 

Does this even happen to journalists omo is this even real...?

 

She pinched herself lightly and winced.

 

Yep. Definitely real.

 

As though waking from a long dream, she began packing slowly, tossing things at random into a small bag.

 

Wait. The question should be: what do I wear tomorrow?!

 

She grabbed her phone and sent a text to her team leader.

 

Where will I be going with them?

 

The reply came quickly:

 

You'll be going to the amusement park, so remember to dress warmly. The roller coasters will be cold.

 

Noted. Thank you!!

 

Rooting through the wardrobe in her room, she finally decided on a black top and black tights, along with a light brown trench coat. She also chose a pair of dark brown boots and set her outfit in a corner, before deciding to take a shower before she settled down for bed. Tomorrow was going to be a busy day after all.

 

As she sat on the armchair by the window, sipping a cup of hot tea about an hour later while drying her hair, she looked out through the foggy glass, out at the city and at the full moon that seemed to shine just for her.


This job was definitely the right choice.

 

[A/N] Hey! This will probably be the last chapter I post until I get back from my vacation ( aka next week ): ) I'll try to write while on my trip and post it when I get back though, so expect more once I get back! ^^ Thanks for reading! Reviews are always appreciated (: Also, GAHHH I HAVE SUBSCRIBERS ;w; THANK YOU GUYS ;w; This means a lot to me haha (": I'll try to update as much as I can, so don't worry! (: Thanks for stopping by again!! (I feel so longwinded... ;w;)